Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
If there is going to be a movie about Berserk, u gotta to be a damn good actor to play Guts. And also be extremly physically fit. Personally, I don't think it would be possible to make a movie like this. No actor is good enought to play Guts.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Chinmi said:
No actor is good enought to play Guts.
why not?i don t agree cauz there are for sure actors that might represent the character of guts pretty well!
selecting the right or best one would be more difficult than finding an actor that is skilled enough to play the role of guts!
in my opinion finding a "guts" wouldn t be the biggest problem bout realizing a Berserk movie!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Maybe it's better to put it "no actor will be good enough for the fans." I don't think any actor will get it exactly right, but I think somebody could come close. But who... ???

maximus

kimchan said:
Maybe it's better to put it "no actor will be good enough for the fans." I don't think any actor will get it exactly right, but I think somebody could come close. But who... ???
well this whole thing reminds somehow of "Lord of the rings"...
i mean before it has been done there hadn t been hardly anyone who believed that it would be possible to put this whole story into a movie!?
in my opinion the story of lotr is for sure more difficult to put into film than the berserk one.
i mean lotr is no manga!;everyone reading the book developes kind of his own world with his own pictures and imaginations of characters,colors ,landscapes,buildings....
yet we berserk fans alltogether do already know how everything should look like in the world of berserk, cauz we got the same pics in our head from the beginning on!
we all know how guts look like , how he behaves,his fighting style ,...so finding a good actor that can slip into that role wouldn t be that prob,would it!?
as far as in this connection lotr is concerned, they really did a good job on selecting the actors and finally satisfied most of the fans!

i guess that it is simply impossible to create a perfect berserk movie that be good for every fan outthere but... they could try to be as close as possible and eventually be as good for berserk fans as lotr was for it fans...

:-\

guyver5

What are you fighting for?
His face doesn't look like him, but Vin Diesel wouldn't be a bad choice for Guts.
He's well-muscled, and he can act alright.

Medea

Control, control, you must learn control!
Casting for Gatts would be by far the toughest. We need a beefed up muscle guy that can also portray deep, emotional anguish, and symbolize man's struggle against fate. Arnold is no good -- he's a bastard. Maybe we could put Tom Cruise on steroids?

Griffith is easy: David Bowie... but David Bowie in his prime years of course. What? This is purely speculative; Berserk is NEVER going to be made into a live-action movie.

... but I don't know enough actors to get into it.

kimchan

It might be made into a movie. If we get a hold of a time machine and some kind of magical wizard. ::)

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
guyver5 said:
His face doesn't look like him, but Vin Diesel wouldn't be a bad choice for Guts.
He's well-muscled, and he can act alright.

Good, I like of the Vin Diesel, but to imagine it dress of Gatts with hair and raising that enormous sword, gives will to laugh!

A curiosity: since they had said as much that the Leonardo Dicaprio would be good in the paper of Griffith, in case that it if preparase to live the skilled swordsman, acknowledgment that it is if preparing same, but to live a main paper in Alexander! I only want to see! ???

Ill probably get stoned to death for even suggesting this... hell I dont even like the guy anyway, but how bout taking David Boreneaz to the gym, pumping him up with steroids, using Krazy Glu on his hair and making him play Gatts?
plus I say that DiCRAPio would be a good choice for Griffith
[me=Kyoke]runs for cover on the hills[/me]

puella

Berserk forever
Guillaume said:
anyway, we should take puella as corkus, definitively !  ;)
WoW~ nice casting! :D
Besides, I don't need much gurantee for the movie. ;D

and time to ummmm~

Guts: Russell Crowe (18 years ago, of course)
Caska: Angelina Jolie
Farnese :Gwyneth Paltrow(8 years ago)
Raban : William Hurt
Charlotte :Mena Suvari
Nina :Juliette Lewis
Judeau : Matt Damon
Griffith: Johnny Depp( 17 years ago)

Ok, ok shoot me :p

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
i fear that if this little wishfull thinking will turn out to be a future box office hit with a Beserk tittle in wich fate shall end up just like excellent movies like..."The Punisher", Mortal Kombat 2 and Mario Brothers he he he he

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
puella said:
WoW~ nice casting! :D
Besides, I don't need much gurantee for the movie. ;D

and time to ummmm~

Guts: Russell Crowe (18 years ago, of course)
Caska: Angelina Jolie
Farnese :Gwyneth Paltrow(8 years ago)
Raban : William Hurt
Charlotte :Mena Suvari
Nina :Juliette Lewis
Judeau : Matt Damon
Griffith: Johnny Depp( 17 years ago)

Ok, ok shoot me :p

I only liked it Matt Damon as Judeau! The remaining portion is a great joke, liked Puella , very funny ! :D :D :D

kimchan

Nadiaska said:
I only liked it Matt Damon as Judeau! The remaining portion is a great joke, liked Puella , very funny ! :D :D :D

I just couldn't see Matt Damon as Judeau, at least outside of my nightmares. :-\

maximus

Vortrax said:
Tell me one.

i actually can t give u names right now but u know the message was that the role of guts would not be impossible to play... ;)

so that should not be the reason for not realizing the project of a Berserk movie! ::)

puella

Berserk forever
Nadiaska said:
:'( :'( :'(
they... are ... from my serious thought, not jokes. ;D

and I'd tell you I'll yield my role(Corkus ehem~) to Steve Buscemi with pleasure. he's perfect as Corkus I think.

** I think trapped_soul really wants to kill me now.
Don't give him a shotgun. :p

Top Bottom