Berserk Saga Project News

JezzaX said:
That's actually quite a nice image. It could be my imagination, but it looks like they've improved a little on the quality from some of the stuff we've seen before.

Definitely. I love the way Caska's drawn, I think she looks better than the manga since she looks more womanly ( I guess colors help a lot in that )

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
That's actually quite a nice image. It could be my imagination, but it looks like they've improved a little on the quality from some of the stuff we've seen before.

Well that picture certainly does look nicer than some of the other material, but it's hard to say whether that will be the case for the rest of the footage as well. One thing to keep in mind though is that they've had to change their original plans midway through production to turn the project into a triloguy, so a side-effect might have been that some scenes weren't as polished as others.

And now for an extra-nerdy moment: they've given Guts nipples. How dare they take such liberties! :troll:

Has anybody seen this before ? http://nicoviewer.net/so16927021
The below videos too, I just saw it.

Meh, just some seiyuu stuff.

35b6pfb.jpg

:griffnotevil:

21lubva.jpg

70e4bl.jpg

2j3jxo9.jpg

29njpza.jpg

Just some pics I saw on Nicoviewer. Here's the link http://nicoviewer.net/1326807977 ( Maybe they've been put on the website long ago, I don't know, but this is the first time I'm seeing them )

Just realized I should of posted them in the thread for the artwork in the movies, fml

StarKodama said:
Thought you guys might like to see this :guts: It's a poster from the new movie, included with volume 5 of the repackaged Berserk mangas they're selling in the convenience stores to promote the movie. :ubik:

Great image! Thanks for the share! Also, if this scene is in the 2nd movie, then perhaps the 2nd movie will extend beyond the Guts/Griffith duel. I always figured this scene would be in the 3rd movie, no?

PS, I just ordered the Blu-Ray as well. Cover jacket drawn by Miura? UM HELL YES.

StarKodama said:
Thought you guys might like to see this :guts: It's a poster from the new movie, included with volume 5 of the repackaged Berserk mangas they're selling in the convenience stores to promote the movie. :ubik:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/starkodama/gutscasca.jpg
It looks great, thanks for posting :ubik:
Cascas skin color seems to be too pale, tho... She has the same color palette like Guts, and I don't like that they look too similar, it's like they were siblings or something :magni:
DirectDK said:
Also, if this scene is in the 2nd movie, then perhaps the 2nd movie will extend beyond the Guts/Griffith duel. I always figured this scene would be in the 3rd movie, no?
I thought the same. If the second movie will include this scene, then it seems like it will also include Skullknight and Silat, right? :isidro: Seems like I have to wait less for them than expected? :guts:

Actually, if that image is from the second movie, it has me a little concerned. Either, it's before the 100 man battle (which if it is, it doesn't look right, as Casca and Guts expressions seem to be almost romanticised and there's many other aspects wrong with the scene that I'm sure some of the more analytical members would pick up on). If it's from the moment when they first get together, then it has me a bit worried about the amount of content they intend to fit into the movies running time, which is longer than the first film, but it would be a tight squeeze to fit most of the key parts and characters in. It makes me wonder what might be sacrificed (no pun intended) to fit in the time provided.

I don't think it's before the 100 man kill part, because there's the waterfall behind them, so it must be their first sexy time scene :guts:
By the way, I love that there's a scar on Casca's shoulder, such a nice and important detail.

But I'm also worried about the amount of content in the 2nd movie... At least, there will be more time for the Eclipse (and maybe Wyald?) in the third movie :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Also, if this scene is in the 2nd movie, then perhaps the 2nd movie will extend beyond the Guts/Griffith duel. I always figured this scene would be in the 3rd movie, no?

If that scene is in the second movie then it will definitely extend beyond the second duel. I guess the Band of the Falcon leaving to rescue Griffith after Guts & Casca reunite would make for a fitting "happy" ending point before the "dark" third movie in which "everything goes to hell". Still, I'm not sold on it just yet. I haven't gotten my YARs yet, so StarKodama could you please confirm that this is from the second movie? Is it specifically stated or was that just an assumption? Thanks in advance!

Gill said:
Cascas skin color seems to be too pale, tho... She has the same color palette like Guts, and I don't like that they look too similar, it's like they were siblings or something

That's very true. Can't ask for too much, unfortunately. Especially when considering what we got so far.

JezzaX said:
Actually, if that image is from the second movie, it has me a little concerned. Either, it's before the 100 man battle

It definitely is not. It's from their love scene.

JezzaX said:
If it's from the moment when they first get together, then it has me a bit worried about the amount of content they intend to fit into the movies running time, which is longer than the first film, but it would be a tight squeeze to fit most of the key parts and characters in. It makes me wonder what might be sacrificed (no pun intended) to fit in the time provided.

To be honest though, cutting the second movie after Guts & Griffith's duel would mean the final film would be crammed with content. And there's just no way they could fit all of it into a single film, so they'd have to cut things out. I don't know, I guess I can see how it might work out.

The second movie would start with the battle against Adon, then Guts & Casca's time together directly followed by the hundred-men fight. The talk on the hill, some politics, then Doldrey. Return to Wyndham, some drama, the duel. SK meets Guts, Griffith goes to Charlotte, is captured. King confronts Charlotte, tortures Griffith, the Band of the Falcon is ambushed. Cut to a year later. The tournament, Silat's attack on the Band of the Falcon, some quick drama, Guts & Casca together. It could end there, or after seeing Griffith in his cell, or even like I said earlier as they head out to rescue him.

That leaves the third movie with the infiltration of Wyndham, the descent into the tower with Charlotte, the death of those among the band who stayed back, killed by apostles (except Rickert), the escape from Wyndham and the fight against the Bakiraka in the sewers, the continued escape and the fight against Wyald, the drama related to Griffith's condition, Griffith's dream & little road trip, and then the Occultation ceremony, which is sure to take up quite some time. Then SK's providential arrival, and the aftermath. The cave, Casca's state, Guts running away, the talk with SK, the ghosts. Will they feature Casca giving birth? Can't say. Then there's the fight against the boar apostle, the equipment and of course the Dragon Slayer. And finally, Guts leaving, alone. That's still quite a lot of material to cover.

So, regardless of how it goes down, you should expect cuts. It's sad but it's pretty much guaranteed at this point.

StarKodama said:
Thought you guys might like to see this

Thanks for the image--And I'll be quite happy if this is in the second movie; simply for the fact that it would likely mean the Wyald fight will be included in the third movie... although, I do hope it doesn't feel too rushed. It is certainly a lot of content however they cut it (pun intended).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Neat image with Guts and Casca. And yes, that's without question from their scene by the waterfall. But building onto what Aaz said about cuts, I wanted to clarify something I had spoken about in the past about the adaptation process thus far.

I had believed that the Golden Age adaptation had been relatively faithful, if you look at it from the perspective that rather than cutting out material, it simply started later in the arc (at Bazuso rather than Guts' birth). But I recently had a hunch, and asked SaiyajinNoOuji (who is among the two members here who have actually seen the movie) about a few scenes. Turns out they cut out more than we first realized.

The bath scene where Griffith tells Guts that "I will get my own kingdom" is not in the movie. Not only is the scene missing, that important line itself isn't anywhere in the movie. On top of that, it goes directly from Guts' and Griffith's duel on the hill straight to the "1 year later" scene where Guts fights the Tudor forces head on.

What do you guys feel about that... :azan:

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Walter said:

Frankly....irritated. :femto: I don't like either of those cuts, but obviously Griffith's line is the more important one. I mean, they can still have him say it in the second movie but showing that Griffith views Guts differently from other people and stating his goals from the very beginning is essential. Not to mention Guts feeling like maybe he's found a home...Ugh, this is troubling.

Walter said:

Ugh, why? That scene is one of the more important parts of developing the story, you learn about the history of the crimson beherit, you see Guts and Griffith developing their bond as close friends, making Griffiths betrayal all the more powerful and you learn about Griffiths dreams and aspirations. I can appreciate that there's going to be cuts, but this is inexcusable.

On a side note, I've been speaking with Jay Noyes (the swordsmanship coach/consultant for the films), he's a really down to earth and all round decent guy. He's given me a little insight into how the directors handle each fight scene in the film and that they really care about how accurate the execution is. He's also teased that he's being kept on to help with production, following the golden age trilogy.

JezzaX said:
Ugh, why? That scene is one of the more important parts of developing the story, you learn about the history of the crimson beherit, you see Guts and Griffith developing their bond as close friends, making Griffiths betrayal all the more powerful and you learn about Griffiths dreams and aspirations. I can appreciate that there's going to be cuts, but this is inexcusable.

On a side note, I've been speaking with Jay Noyes (the swordsmanship coach/consultant for the films), he's a really down to earth and all round decent guy. He's given me a little insight into how the directors handle each fight scene in the film and that they really care about how accurate the execution is. He's also teased that he's being kept on to help with production, following the golden age trilogy.

Black Swordsman arc confirmed :carcus:

Walter said:
The bath scene where Griffith tells Guts that "I will get my own kingdom" is not in the movie.
[...]
Is that true?! :magni: I didn't expect that they will cut out such an important scene... I remember, when I watched the old anime for the first time, I loved the way this scene showed the developing relationship between them, and that was the first time I really felt that these characters are... like... alive! I think that was the moment when I started to take Berserk seriously, and didn't watch it only because "Omg nudity, blood, monsters, sex, cool :troll: ". It basically changed my view... And they just cut that out?!

I really hate them for this right now.

And is that confirmed that the love scene will be in the second movie? Dammit, I just wanna see Silat finally, so if the scene was in the second movie, I would be like "FUCK YEAH" even if it means cutting out stuff... : P

Aazealh said:
If that scene is in the second movie then it will definitely extend beyond the second duel. I guess the Band of the Falcon leaving to rescue Griffith after Guts & Casca reunite would make for a fitting "happy" ending point before the "dark" third movie in which "everything goes to hell". Still, I'm not sold on it just that. I haven't gotten my YARs yet, so StarKodama could you please confirm that this is from the second movie? Is it specifically stated or was that just an assumption? Thanks in advance!

Your wish is my command! I went back to the conbini on a reconnaissance mission. These are the manga volumes I found the Guts/ Casca poster in-- they're repackaged, budget editions of the Golden Age arc with some movie goodies (screenshots, seiyuu interviews, etc) thrown in. I didn't buy them because I already have all the volumes of the manga.. :iva:

b5.jpg

The Guts/ Casca poster was in Volume 4, I'm pretty sure. I checked again and no, it didn't say anything about that image being from the second movie... there wasn't any explanation at all, in fact. :isidro: So who knows.

Here's some crappy cell phone pictures of character sketches for the first movie, from volume 5.

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

And the poster from volume 6. :SK:

b4.jpg

Walter said:
The bath scene where Griffith tells Guts that "I will get my own kingdom" is not in the movie. Not only is the scene missing, that important line itself isn't anywhere in the movie. On top of that, it goes directly from Guts' and Griffith's duel on the hill straight to the "1 year later" scene where Guts fights the Tudor forces head on.

I guess that makes me the other member here who's seen the movie. :slan: YES, that scene is gone from the movie. But honestly, I didn't miss it. The movie doesn't address Beherit at all until that scene where Guts and Griffith are talking, before Julius slaps Griffith. There's a tiny scene of Griffith as a little boy getting the Beherit from the old lady. And then Zodd mentions in it his scene, of course. That's it. But honestly, I didn't feel like anything was missing. The movie chugs along at a good pace... some might say it feels rushed, but I dunno. I liked it. :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
StarKodama said:
These are the manga volumes I found the Guts/ Casca poster in-- they're repackaged, budget editions of the Golden Age arc with some movie goodies (screenshots, seiyuu interviews, etc) thrown in.

Not just the Golden Age arc actually, the first volumes feature the Black Swordsman arc. Except for the movie content they're duplicates of the older MBRs that were released some years ago.

StarKodama said:
The Guts/ Casca poster was in Volume 4, I'm pretty sure. I checked again and no, it didn't say anything about that image being from the second movie... there wasn't any explanation at all, in fact. :isidro: So who knows.

Ok, thanks. So like I thought it could very well be from the third movie. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

StarKodama said:
YES, that scene is gone from the movie. But honestly, I didn't miss it.

Well it's a pretty emblematic scene for Guts & Griffith's relationship... And it prominently feature the beherit, after which the movie is titled. Anyways, while you're at it, could you please tell us where and how the additional "feather" scene take place? That'd be very nice of you. :serpico:

Aazealh said:
Well it's a pretty emblematic scene for Guts & Griffith's relationship... And it prominently feature the beherit, after which the movie is titled. Anyways, while you're at it, could you please tell us where and how the additional "feather" scene take place? That'd be very nice of you. :serpico:

"Additional 'feather' scene"? Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that such a scene exists in the movie, or..? :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
StarKodama said:
"Additional 'feather' scene"? Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that such a scene exists in the movie, or..? :???:

Well in various shots you see them wearing feathers, and that's not in the manga. See below:

hawk_insignia1.jpg

If you can put some high quality scans up of those character models that would be much much appreciated. I love character model sheets.

Walter said:

Aside from the fact that this is a huge amount of content cut, losing that line and the implication that Griffith has HUGE ambitions as a commoner is really problematic for me. It wins a certain level of respect from Guts and really motivates him to fight for him. Otherwise, why shouldn't Guts try to escape from the Hawks, as he's essentially forcibly enlisted, something that goes against what a mercenary is. It even makes that ridiculous summary that Guts fights because "he lost a bet" seem somewhat accurate. And that's terrible. :azan:

Not only that, what about all the goodwill and comraderie that's earned between Guts and the other Hawks in that cut portion? Is this moved to some other section instead? The other reason Guts hangs around, in my opinion, is because the other Hawks members become like a family to him. Something he never thought he could have. If you lose that, you lose a lot of the story's heart. :judo:

I understand some of the films cuts, but this is kind of baffling.

Top Bottom