Berserk Saga Project News

SuperVegetto said:
But the DVD will most likely not have the jacket, and it's going to be around 2 months till the contest I'm gonna compete ( almost won it last year ), which gives 200 euros for first place, 150 for the 2nd and 100 for the third. Was planning to buy lots of manga if I won one of those, but If I win it, I have a very hard decision to make.

Actually you're right, I just assumed the DVD version had it, despite Walter stating specifically it was the Blu Ray edition that was getting it, my mistake. Well, that's a shame :sad: Still, good luck in the contest, it seems you've found an incentive to do well :ganishka:

JezzaX said:
Actually you're right, I don't believe the DVD version does, which is a shame :sad: Still, good luck in the contest, it seems you've found an incentive to do well :ganishka:

Well thanks, but I will likely loose again since they did cheat last year, since I only got second place months after the contest got finished ( purposely gave me 4th before ) and ofc didn't get the money. Well this year Imma try to be mistakeless so they'll have no choice xD. Even if I'm not getting the bluray/dvd, definitely buying some manga lol.

JezzaX said:
Yep, they have a listing already http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/s/detailview.html?KEY=VPXV-71219 and according to that the Blu Ray is region free, which is good news for those of us living in the UK. As a result, mine has been ordered, coming to £59GBP including shipping.

Thanks, I ordered my copy!

ZODDOII

BERSERK
Hito-Shura said:
Hey guys, first time poster here. I just found a photo of an ad for the Blu-ray/DVD release of the 1st Berserk film and its release date in Japan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/earlbox/6960970151/

That's a very good news. thankyou

I really hope to have a 3D version :schierke:

Pre-ordered! Fantastic! :ubik:

The price seems standard for a Japanese home video release. I'm happy to be able to further support the project in the hopes that it is successful enough to merit adapting the story beyond the Golden Age arc. I'm also just dying to see what Miura does for the jacket art as well as the 'digest footage' from the upcoming second film.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Preordered mine, as well! I can't wait to see what Miura does with the jacket. Might be the first Blu-ray jacket I actually keep. :troll:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Groovy Metal Fist said:
Did the say anything regarding a subtitle track?

Yeh I have been wondering about that actually. I want to pre-order it but i'd like to know if the blu-ray is gonna have an english sub-titled...

jackson_hurley said:
Yeh I have been wondering about that actually. I want to pre-order it but i'd like to know if the blu-ray is gonna have an english sub-titled...

They've only listed the audio tracks so far, nothing for subtitles as far as I can see. fingers crossed.

The DVD is out with only 10$ cheaper than Bluray without having the bonuses and a region code :\ http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/s/detailview.html?KEY=VPBV-13694

Still can't wait to see that second movie footage though :SK:

I'm hoping for a trailer ( even a short one would do ) way before the first's bluray is released

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm guessing there won't be an English subtitle track, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, all the same. Worse case scenario: most of us end up owning two copies of the film.

Personally, I've read the series enough times to know what's being said (aside from any changes Studio 4C has made), so I should be able to follow the film reasonably well. That can probably be said for most of those here on SK.net.

After that, all that's left is to wait for Warner Bros. to bring the film to the States. :guts:

Rhombaad said:
I'm guessing there won't be an English subtitle track, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, all the same. Worse case scenario: most of us end up owning two copies of the film.

Personally, I've read the series enough times to know what's being said (aside from any changes Studio 4C has made), so I should be able to follow the film reasonably well. That can probably be said for most of those here on SK.net.

After that, all that's left is to wait for Warner Bros. to bring the film to the States. :guts:

Oh the parody if they get the same actors for dubbing :ganishka: Really doubt that would happen though

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The plot of Berserk as according to CDJapan's description:

After a bet, (Guts) had to join a group of mercenaries, the Band of the Hawk and his leader Griffith. But after many battles, he realized he could get his freedom again...
:ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SuperVegetto said:
The site changed http://www.berserkfilm.com/index.php

You're burying the lead; it features the name/logo of the second film:

logo.jpg

Which translates to "The Capture of Doldrey" (I wonder what it's about? :carcus:).

Clara confirms and reveals that advanced tickets are going on sale:

https://twitter.com/#!/Clara_de_Porras

Thought you guys might like to see this :guts: It's a poster from the new movie, included with volume 5 of the repackaged Berserk mangas they're selling in the convenience stores to promote the movie. :ubik:

gutscasca.jpg

StarKodama said:
Thought you guys might like to see this :guts: It's a poster from the new movie, included with volume 5 of the repackaged Berserk mangas they're selling in the convenience stores to promote the movie. :ubik:

gutscasca.jpg

Omg!!!!, teh sex scene.

That's actually quite a nice image. It could be my imagination, but it looks like they've improved a little on the quality from some of the stuff we've seen before.

Top Bottom