Berserk Saga Project News

Holy epic shit. This instantly made my day. The animation looks better too. Hell yeah. Kinda worried about the 100 man killing scene though. It looked way better in the pilot, if that was the same scene, not sure.

Youtube link frapsed from japanese yahoo if someons interested :troll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyYarEe3os&list=UUp3vCe6yLvuBfH_9kLPNPow&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Lukis said:
Youtube link frapsed from japanese yahoo if someons interested :troll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyYarEe3os&list=UUp3vCe6yLvuBfH_9kLPNPow&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Thanks very much for that, I can now watch it with sound :serpico: The score sounds great for this trailer and there's great use of Aria too. Stupidly excited about seeing more on this film, it looks significantly improved from the first.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Wow, includes many scenes. It does not just end with the duel. It shows Griffith seducing Charlotte, the King whipping Griffith, the Beherit falling down into the sewer. So this goes into late volume 9. It could end around there, I imagine.

Quoting myself from a few pages back:

Aazealh said:
To be honest though, cutting the second movie after Guts & Griffith's duel would mean the final film would be crammed with content. And there's just no way they could fit all of it into a single film, so they'd have to cut things out. I don't know, I guess I can see how it might work out.

The second movie would start with the battle against Adon, then Guts & Casca's time together directly followed by the hundred-men fight. The talk on the hill, some politics, then Doldrey. Return to Wyndham, some drama, the duel. SK meets Guts, Griffith goes to Charlotte, is captured. King confronts Charlotte, tortures Griffith, the Band of the Falcon is ambushed. Cut to a year later. The tournament, Silat's attack on the Band of the Falcon, some quick drama, Guts & Casca together. It could end there, or after seeing Griffith in his cell, or even like I said earlier as they head out to rescue him.

That leaves the third movie with the infiltration of Wyndham, the descent into the tower with Charlotte, the death of those among the band who stayed back, killed by apostles (except Rickert), the escape from Wyndham and the fight against the Bakiraka in the sewers, the continued escape and the fight against Wyald, the drama related to Griffith's condition, Griffith's dream & little road trip, and then the Occultation ceremony, which is sure to take up quite some time. Then SK's providential arrival, and the aftermath. The cave, Casca's state, Guts running away, the talk with SK, the ghosts. Will they feature Casca giving birth? Can't say. Then there's the fight against the boar apostle, the equipment and of course the Dragon Slayer. And finally, Guts leaving, alone. That's still quite a lot of material to cover.

I could also see the movie ending after the Band of the Falcon gets ambushed by the rest of Midland's armies. The third movie would then start with the time lapse. We see Guts running through a forest with blood on his face at the end though, wonder where that's from... His fight against Silat?

Th3Branded0ne said:
and Guts still has that feather around too. This movie is longer than the first one, right?

Indeed, they really love those feathers. And the movie will be 20 minutes longer.

daiceman9 said:
I Don't think anyone has posted this yet, a full version of Aria, the only song done by Hirasawa

It was posted a while back, actually.

daiceman9 said:
For some reason they left it out of the OST (maybe to sell more copies of the following movies by having it in it?)

Hirasawa released it separately as a single.

Dragonfly said:
P.S: First post guys so hi SK.net! :badbone:

Hey, welcome aboard!

If the third film starts after the time lapse, It's good to know there may be fewer cuts, meaning we could see both Silat and Wyald being featured. I think the third film is due to be longer than this one again isn't it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
I think the third film is due to be longer than this one again isn't it?

Yes, 10 minutes longer. The first movie is 80 minutes, the second is 100 minutes and the third is 110 minutes.

This looks way better than the trailers for the first films. The animation looks better and I am really excited for the content--can't wait!

Aazealh said:
We see Guts running through a forest with blood on his face at the end though, wonder where that's from... His fight against Silat?

I get the impression that's probably what it is; since the scene right before that looks like the scene where the Band of the Hawk gets ambushed by Midland. Just an assumption

When I opened my browser today I was like "There'd better be something new about the movie on SK.net because I need more Berserk" and fuck yes, I was right! :guts:
Everything just looked so beautiful. What I was worried the most about was the CG in the ballroom scene, but it looked nice here, I really liked the dance movements.
Aazealh said:
I could also see the movie ending after the Band of the Falcon gets ambushed by the rest of Midland's armies. The third movie would then start with the time lapse. We see Guts running through a forest with blood on his face at the end though, wonder where that's from... His fight against Silat?
That would be pretty awesome. The blood on his face can be the injuries caused by the urumis, but to be honest, it rather looks like the 100 man battle for me, the Silat battle wasn't this dramatic...

Thanks SrCraneo and Walter (good prediction too!). The fight scenes look improved, feathers and all included hah.

The scene with Guts on the horse slicing things up one handed looks natural to you guys?

Everything looks just fine :ganishka: ..its still annoyng that theres already trailer for 2nd movie and I still havent seen first one,but this one so far looks promising,really wanna see what will come out of 3rd...

Awesome day for Berserk and great trailer! I don't want to sound too much like im just echoing everyone else but this does looks great with improved CG. I believe this is some of the most hope we've recieved so far at Wyald and the like not being cut from the third movie! Fingers still crossed though...

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Lukis said:
Everything looks just fine :ganishka: ..its still annoyng that theres already trailer for 2nd movie and I still havent seen first one,but this one so far looks promising,really wanna see what will come out of 3rd...

You do know this trailer is aiming for people in Japan, right? we'll get our turn to see the first movie in May when it comes out in Blu ray.

Th3Branded0ne said:
You do know this trailer is aiming for people in Japan, right? we'll get our turn to see the first movie in May when it comes out in Blu ray.

May was never confirmed for a US Blu Ray release was it??? I thought it was just region free with no confirmation of english subs as of yet??

frankencowx said:
May was never confirmed for a US Blu Ray release was it??? I thought it was just region free with no confirmation of english subs as of yet??

Fansub groups will likely pick it up rather quickly. (And I have the Japanese Blu-ray on pre-order)

This trailer has got me more excited for this movie then any of the part 1's trailers did, hopefully they cleaned up the CG. But i got to say, this really feels like the creators are ramping this series up and paying close attention to the manga. With that said, and the movie ending later then we might originally though, is a appearance from Wyald now more likely?

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Damn. Pretty cool trailer. I gotta say, I'm excited to see this part of the story again. Now, I just gotta get my hands on the FIRST movie...

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Thx for the heads up! Nice trailer indeed. I can't wait to see the third one (yeah trailers gets me excited (maybe even more about the movies themselves)) aaaand since I'm in Canada it'll take a while before I can see the full movies.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just watched it. Wow! I enjoyed this trailer a lot more than the one for the first film. The only thing that bugged me about it is something that's been bugging me (and others) since the project was announced, and that's the fact that Guts is still using his old sword during the duel with Griffith. I'm not surprised it hasn't changed, based on the recent screenshot we saw of the fight, but it's still disappointing, and leaves me a bit uneasy.

That being said, the CG in the trailer looks much better than the CG we've seen in clips and trailers from the first film. I noticed that Gennon's beard is white in the trailer, when it's clearly black in the manga (something the '97 anime got right, from what I remember). Not a big deal at all, given some of the other changes that've been made, but it did look out of place.

I can't wait for my copy of the first film to arrive in May. By that time, the manga will most likely have resumed publication, too. It's a good time to be a Berserk fan. :guts:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
The new site:
http://www.berserkfilm.com/index.php

Trailer in HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGw_pxittJA&feature=player_embedded#!

Top Bottom