Berserk TV Series - Second season

All_4_Yume said:
I could live without seeing a second season of Berserk anime because I'm scared on how would further butcher the story or try to piece together the mistakes they made with the first season.  If I was down with the manga since jump there's a good chance I probably wouldn't like the anime.  Although I know the best ending for a second season would be Griffith flying away on Zodd's back from Godo's house in keeping with the ending of the first season tradition of pissing you off.  I just want the manga's to be officially released in America.

[...]

I am totally with you on this one! :)

solace d.

Cool beans.
Browsing the Young Animal Berserk site I noticied this new link under the news section, posted Tomorrow (2/17--well, for us living in the Western hemisphere ATM).

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/news/neco.html

Those modest or fluent in Japanese want to decipher that? Company Neco, from what I can make out on their site, broadcasts the current Berserk anime around 1AM'ish in the morning.

This advertisement features the new Gatsu and whatnot. I'm (unoptimistically) assuming it's just pronouncing a change of TV schedule..

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Although I cannot read Japanese, I did hear a little while back that they were planning on re-running the anime. I'm assuming that is all this is.

That was back in This thread.

Dani

Smile!
From what I know, the "suits" have had people do research about the possibility, and after a number of research examinations over the years, the constant outcome is negative.

Apparently Miura has had discussions numerous times about the second series, even once approved a list of changes and edits to the story, including alterations about the precise nature of the eclipse conclusion and the introduction of Puck - the character that is suppose to be a favourite because he brings light relief to the darker tones of the show.

Also of discussion was the budget, apparently the sum on offer was similar to that of the original series, and considering the increased costs of modern animation, it was considered another hurdle.

Well, this came up today, and since it is of Digital Manga origin, the ones who co-published Berserk the anime series, I thought this might be interesting for everyone to see:

Digital Manga Publishing Announces 2 New Websites & Three New Titles
announced on 2005-02-18 Digital Manga Publishing Announces 2 New Websites & Three New Titles

Digital Manga Publishing announces 2 highly anticipated websites – The re-launch of the Digital Manga Publishing site at http://dmpbooks.com/ and the launch of the long-anticipated “Girl’s Only Sanctuary” Yaoi-Manga.com site at http://yaoi-manga.com The sites also feature acquisition announcements on several upcoming DMP titles –

• The all-color manga anthology Robot Vol. 1, compiled by Range Murata (July release)
• The yaoi title Alone in My King’s Harem (September release)
• The newest DMP instructional title – Let’s Draw Manga – Fantasy (October release)
• Confirmation on the acquisition of yaoi cult favorite Our Kingdom (October release)

Dir. of New Business Development, Isaac S. Lew states, “This is an exciting year for Digital Manga. The new www.dmpbooks.com is exemplary of Digital Manga Publishing’s work – the highest quality, larger dimensions, and unique content. Our new co-publishing agreement with Penguin Group arms us with the ability to continue publishing bestsellers in the spirit of our co-published titles Trigun, Hellsing and Berserk.”

“Our much anticipated Yaoi-Manga.com site shows the world that this is another stepping stone in DMP’s goal for yaoi publishing leadership.” Only The Ring Finger Knows was a smash success, as were our hits Desire & Passion. Passion Volume 2 arrives in March, and Yellow, hitting stores this June, is one of yaoi’s representative works, already printed in four countries.”

For yaoi fans, yaoi-manga.com is the source for new releases and for exclusive, high-quality yaoi merchandise. Available now are our popular yaoi t-shirt line and new seme-uke bears. A place where yaoi fans can congregate, our “girls only sanctuary,” also lets site visitors download yaoi multimedia, contribute fan art and stories as well as win exclusive DMP prizes.

Alot of it is irrelevant, but the fact that they are starting to release new features, and they happen to mention Berserk as a best-seller ;D, maybe they will cook up something, yes? :D

- C

There are so many people against a second series. Yet if they were to make one, they'd watch it. At least once. The funny thing here though, would be after it's finished they would be saying, "Read the manga, it's better and it continues the story. There won't be a third season." And yes, the manga is better. But I seriously think, if they made another season, that's how the people against the second season would react.

Well I got some news about a possible 2nd season of Berserk report from: Media Blasters Panel
Katsucon 2005

Berserk second season has a very good chance of happening, but the author doesn't believe that enough story has been done yet in the manga for a second season. Since Berserk did so well in Europe and the US, as long as the author doesn't lose interest in more anime, it should come eventually.

source: http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=196

So the 2nd possible season is up to Miura I guess it's just a matter of when. But strange I do feel there's enough material from the manga for a second season.
Usually for a one season 26 episode 7 to 9 volumes from a manga is enough material. :-\

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Berserk second season has a very good chance of happening, but the author doesn't believe that enough story has been done yet in the manga for a second season. Since Berserk did so well in Europe and the US, as long as the author doesn't lose interest in more anime, it should come eventually.

STILL, a wishfull thinking.  Logical, but no concrete evidence. Sorry for bursting the bubble here kids... But that's the way it is.

It does recofirm that Media Blasters the company that brought over Berserk to the U.S. is still willing to co-produced the 2nd season which is what they said last year. Yeah I know it's wishful thinking but hey it still could happen. :-\

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
dwarfkicker said:
There are so many people against a second series.  Yet if they were to make one, they'd watch it.  At least once.  The funny thing here though, would be after it's finished they would be saying, "Read the manga, it's better and it continues the story.  There won't be a third season."  And yes, the manga is better.  But I seriously think, if they made another season, that's how the people against the second season would react.

Hey, if they made a second series I'd watch it.  But that's a big if.  Negativity surrounding a possible second series is, IMO, not so much because people don't want it to happen but because there have been rumors about it for like 4 years and nothing ever comes of it.  And also the fact that people seem so desparate for a new anime while the manga is already here to enjoy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dani said:
From what I know, the "suits" have had people do research about the possibility, and after a number of research examinations over the years, the constant outcome is negative.

Interesting bit of information for a change, I'd like to know your sources on it.

Damage Control said:
Alot of it is irrelevant, but the fact that they are starting to release new features, and they happen to mention Berserk as a best-seller ;D, maybe they will cook up something, yes? :D

This is far into the land of wishful thinking... They merely quoted their past work, I'm sure you do realize that.

dwarfkicker said:
There are so many people against a second series. Yet if they were to make one, they'd watch it.

I won't repeat what TheSkyTraveller already said, just add that it's not so much that people are against a second season, more like they're against a low quality second season, and would rather prefer nothing to a completely denatured, ruined release. And there's also the fact that some people keep insisting about it over the years, and jump at every bit of information having "Berserk" and "anime" in the same sentence to come to the conclusion that a second season is on the way for sure, never far from insulting people that don't support their "cause".

DarkDragoon said:
Yeah I can guarantee that whether or not you want a second season, you'd probably buy it if it came out.

I'd personally like it enough if people bought the first season already, and why not even the manga... :eek:

ZODDGuts said:
So the 2nd possible season is up to Miura I guess it's just a matter of when. But strange I do feel there's enough material from the manga for a second season.

You know, I saw the almost exact same kind of statement last year, and I wonder if I didn't also see it the year before... No use getting your hopes up without a serious, official announcement guys. The disappointment would only be more bitter.

More info from John Sirabella the CEO of Media Blasters:

I was going to read through all your posts and see if I could clear some stuff up but there are alot of them. I saw alot on Berserk but please keep in mind that it is part my opinion and part fact. The fact part is that they told me they want more story and the opinion part is that I beleive they will animate more in the future.

link: http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=874474&page=0&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=22&vc=1

Here is a tid bit of interesting information, according to thehawks website, on the front page none the less, Miura is interested in making a second season when there is enough manga to make it. I searched a little on their board, no further info other than that. I also searched on here to see if anyone had spotted it yet, but they just posted it today the 3rd. I am just curious exactly where they got the info, I don't really have the time to look around the world for it. Just thought it was interesting.

- C

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
From what's already been said in this topic I'm assuming they either got it from AnimeOnDVD or the same source that AOD got it from, but that's just stating the obvious. Wishful thinking or not, at least there's a slight slight glimmer of hope.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like you guys to stop posting that kind of information mindlessly. if there's no reliable source, or nothing that we haven't been hearing for years, then don't post it.

What thehawks.org refers to is probably a deformation of Media Blaster's unofficial statement (old already, though their CEO has been repeating it recently) that "some people" at Hakusensha were waiting for the manga: to end/to have more content/whatever in order to think about making a second season. And it was just their interpretation of the situation in the first place.

There's just no interest in repeatedly speculating over unconfirmed things, and stating wisely that "there's a small glint of hope!"

This thread is full of that already and it's not leading anywhere, except maybe disappointment. So the day you see a serious announcement, sure come and post it here as soon as possible. Until then, no need to yell at every passing vague half-baked rumor, all it will do is get people to doubt a real announcement if one were to be made.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarkDragoon said:
Yeah I can guarantee that whether or not you want a second season, you'd probably buy it if it came out.
This sounds like kindegarten name-calling. And to that, I say your MOM would buy the second season... poopie pants.

I can't say I wouldn't be curious about the second-season. However, I really can't stand to watch Season 1 anymore... I don't see my attitude changing with a second season with considerably the same budget.

Walter said:
This sounds like kindegarten name-calling. And to that, I say your MOM would buy the second season... poopie pants.

I can't say I wouldn't be curious about the second-season. However, I really can't stand to watch Season 1 anymore... I don't see my attitude changing with a second season with considerably the same budget.

Come mon' Walter it's been seven years since Berserk aired productions values for anime TV series has gone up. Pretty much anything pre 2000 year for anime had so so animation wise, only a few really stand out. Also add the fact that Media Blasters is willing to put up their own money to co-produce (finance) the second season meaning that Berserk will have enough money to be sure it won't have cut backs on the animation department due to the budget the series gets.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Walter said:
My mom isn't a fan of Berserk, you all are.

[quote author=Walter]
I can't say I wouldn't be curious about the second-season. However, I really can't stand to watch Season 1 anymore... I don't see my attitude changing with a second season with considerably the same budget.[/quote]
I'm sure you'd still watch a second season nonetheless, out of curiosity if nothing else.

It should go without saying that it would have a higher budget. There's been what, seven, eight years since the last season was made?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
Come mon' Walter it's been seven years since Berserk aired productions values for anime TV series has gone up. Pretty much anything pre 2000 year for anime had so so animation wise, only a few really stand out. Also add the fact that Media Blasters is willing to put up their own money to co-produce (finance) the second season meaning that Berserk will have enough money to be sure it won't have cut backs on the animation department due to the budget the series gets.
I guess what it comes down to is that the translation between genres has always bothered me. Just like a book-movie adaptation. The first season of Berserk is... a little embarassing.

Top Bottom