Berserk TV Series - Second season

Hmm, well I like it how it is, I do agree that the animation has some flaws, but nothing is perfect.., Its good enough for me and it is pretty good animation, only real flaws I could see is some of the sketchy watercolors and backgrounds, other than that I dunno. Also I think if they were going to redo Berserk most people would probably want a second season instead.

I tend to agree with Zelz. Rather than spend the time re-animating the old one, they should take that time and put it into a second season. Then again, I've never heard of anyone "re-doing" an anime anyway, so it's a moot point.

The animation was terrible so I would definitely watch be interested in a version with new animation, then again I have no strong sentimental connection to the Anime so I can't say what fans who like it as much as I like the Manga would say, but the animation is shit in any case... and the Anime that came out around it's time were alot better visually so someone was being cheap when they funded the series.

But as said it is unheard of so what's the point in dreaming?

Well of course they're not going to, but it was just a topic that crossed my mind. I'd love a second season before it was reanimated, however, since they're going to wait for the second season any ways it'd be something for the wait.

Slayer Of 100

Griffithhhhh!
Well, after watching berserk I heard that they had been working on continuing the story in animation as oppose to the manga which has already gone so far. I wanted to know if they were actually working on the continuation of the box of war, instead of the rumors that go all around.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Slayer Of 100 said:
I wanted to know if they were actually working on the continuation of the box of war, instead of the rumors that go all around.

There's no second season in the works, sorry. You heard rumors.

lost to me

Its easier to just swing my sword..............
there's never going to be a 2nd season. me and so many other newbies have asked about this.

THE ONLY WAY THERE COULD BE A 2ND SEASON IS IF THE FANS FUNDED IT AND WENT TO MR. MUIRA FOR THE RIGHTS/PERMISSION!

Im down to donate to this cause if anyone wants to start a petition, or whatever, hire some animators, find the voice actor's and get this show on the road!

inspiration is always around the corner. how much do you guys really love BERSERK?

lost to me

well thats fine and all. but i think it would be great to have an anime. the manga are rad don't get me wrong. but it would be so awsome to have a fan produced anime. thats something ive never heard of. ;D ;D ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lost to me said:
there's never going to be a 2nd season. me and so many other newbies have asked about this.

Well, there's no certainty, it's just that it's not planned at the moment, and unlikely to be done.

lost to me said:
THE ONLY WAY THERE COULD BE A 2ND SEASON IS IF THE FANS FUNDED IT AND WENT TO MR. Miura FOR THE RIGHTS/PERMISSION!

Honestly, if people could just go and buy the manga already, that'd be a good start. "Fans" funding a project like this is totally unrealistic anyway, I'm not even talking about getting a studio to work on it... And asking Miura for the rights would be funny (especially considering his attitude toward the Berserk anime in the first place), you'd probably have to get through Hakusensha and NTV, good luck on that.

lost to me said:
how much do you guys really love BERSERK?

Far too much to allow this to happen.

lost to me said:
it would be so awsome to have a fan produced anime. thats something ive never heard of.

You hit the nail on the head, it's unheard of.

Even if they were to make a second season it most likely would be very watered down like the first one was, and it would also be some what hard to keep the story straight because of the differences in the anime over the manga, anyway the manga seems far better, and if your that much interested in berserk for a second season and want to know more about the story why not just buy the manga?

lost to me

i have the manga. and do love berserk. i think that maybe there's a little to much pessimism and elitism goin on.

its only unrealistic cause you say it is. when it comes to something like this its totally possible. and wouldn't have to be watered down if it was a DVD release only. as opposed to being released on TV and therefore having to be censored a bit.

but if you guys don't wanna "waste" your time on something like this, then its cool. i really love berserk, and
A. Don't really like the Dark Horse translation cause its a little too americanized.
B. Think that anything is possible and if a fan-base did create something like that, IT WOULD BE BETTER than the last season from before. Sides, who says it directly has to be a2nd season. It could just start over or at a different point.

There are a lot of overlooked idea's and things when people get all touchy about someone wanting to "infringe" on their territory so to speak. Just cause they could be afraid of change or something getting ruined. In some aspects the 1st season WAS ruined if you wanna be realistic. cause there are so many things that were changed. but i dont' look at it like that cause i honestly find the 1st season truly compelling and moving.  I don't think elitism is very intelligent or kind.  cause basically when its being enacted there's not a whole lot of respect for any slightly "opposing" party.  Hence not kind.  also, why wait for someone else to screw it up? like so many Marvel movies (which are still great in their own way).
Thats a whole other can a beans to open if you wanna talk about that, but we won't cause this is a Berserk message board.

-fin :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, well since nobody seems to be able to stay on topic and since the thread was redundant in the first place I merged it with the 2nd season one...

lost to me said:
i have the manga. and do love berserk. i think that maybe there's a little to much pessimism and elitism goin on.

What does this has to do with anything? You've got the manga? Great, feel free to post pictures of your volumes anyday if that makes you happy. Elitism? Pessimism? What? I don't see any pessimism here, except maybe in your post about how things will never happen. ::) And as far as elitism goes, claiming that a bunch of amateurs would easily surpass professionals in making an animated TV series sure is the pinnacle of humility. What I think is that people should try and be reasonable in their propositions instead of stubbornly insisting on stuff they barely thought about before posting.

lost to me said:
its only unrealistic cause you say it is. when it comes to something like this its totally possible.

What's your basis for saying this, uh? "It's unheard of." Bingo. What are your sources, your plans, your experience in the matter? Where is your credibility? It's not like you have any legitimacy in stating what's possible and what isn't, so please spare us that kind of affirmation... You have to prove that what you say can concretely be done, not the other way around.

lost to me said:
wouldn't have to be watered down if it was a DVD release only. as opposed to being released on TV and therefore having to be censored a bit.

You're being redundant, this has been discussed already, like the rest of what you're saying. And as far as censoring on TV goes, it wouldn't be "a bit".

lost to me said:
Don't really like the Dark Horse translation cause its a little too americanized.

The point being?

lost to me said:
Think that anything is possible and if a fan-base did create something like that, IT WOULD BE BETTER than the last season from before.

Fantastic. Well unfortunately not everybody seems to be sharing your views about this. But I'm sure you'll prove all your detractors wrong, create a company, build a project, raise funds, then come back and contemptuously look down on the fools that didn't believe in your dream.

lost to me said:
There are a lot of overlooked idea's

You please go and read this thread as well as the few others that exist on the subject, then you come back and tell me what ideas were overlooked, ok? Because a lot of people have expressed a lot of ideas already.

The whole idea of a whole season of anime created by fans cannot be processed in my brain. I mean how are you going to find enough people that are fairly good artists and have enough free time to actually work on a project like this when they're probably not going to get paid, unless YOU have enough money. Basically, to say that easily that an anime season can be created by fans, you have hardly any idea of how anime is created.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Why not just play the wait and see game.

Well that's what everybody's doing already as far as I know, it's just that some look forward to it and some don't. I can't say it's a bad thing to stress it again though, seeing how some people recurrently get agitated and start speculating vehemently, trying to force their ideas on others.

I wouldnt mind if they mind a second season and if they did I defiantely watch it, but I mean there is no way to know what the future brings, and the manga is good enough for me right now in continuing the story and such.

lost to me

well im a dreamer. so i get a lot of critisism and what not about "ideas" such as this one that aren't totally formulated. Im not really here to debate with people who I share a common interest with. I never said that the artists had to be fans, and i never said that there would only be one way to do it.

i just think it'd be fun/cool to have people who are part of something awsome, such as berserk, and help create more of that one thing. be it through fundraising and hiring of professional artists, getting the original voice actors and so on and so forth, or some other way of doing things that i may not be privy to.

the idea wasn't fully developed when i presented it. thats the point in having an idea. you can meld it into anything.
im not interested in commercializing berserk. im interested in seeing more anime of it, with more a accurate story, gore, and higher quality animation. thats it. the manga are great. but i hunger.

I do apologize if i came off in the wrong way. but this board has never seemed very 'newb' friendly in general. which is why ive never really posted, although ive been a member of the board for quite some time now. i digress.

in my experience with people and life, people who are fans never want to expect change and really enjoy things as they are. i like change. its hard and can be really annoying, let you down and/or many other negative aspects. sometimes its great other times its not. but thats life isn't it?

im sure there might someone out there who thinks that there could be some validity to what im saying. if not then thats fine. but it only takes 1 person to inspire, and many people working together towards a common goal make more things possible. you know? it probably wont' ever happen, but its more exciting thinking about things that could happen and striving for them than just staring at a monitor all the time...................not to imply thats all anyone here does. cause im probably more guilty of that than a lot of people on this board. but i would like to find more, and thought it would be possible here, with people that i feel like im connected to through the amazing wonderful world of Berserk and Guts and Griffith etc.

long reply. :p ;)have a good one ladies and gents, im spent.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lost to me said:
well im a dreamer. so i get a lot of critisism and what not about "ideas" such as this one that aren't totally formulated. [...] the idea wasn't fully developed when i presented it. thats the point in having an idea. you can meld it into anything.

Having an idea isn't a problem at all, be it developed or not. It's just that a lot things have been said on the subject already, and so people are expecting more than just wild ideas at that point. I'm sure you'll agree with me that encountering skepticism and criticism when posting that kind of suggestion on a forum is perfectly normal. You also can't blame others for awaiting something concrete in answer to their doubts about the degree of achievability of such a project and not just a blind refutal... Insisting on something without backing it up with solid facts just never works.

lost to me said:
I do apologize if i came off in the wrong way. but this board has never seemed very 'newb' friendly in general. which is why ive never really posted, although ive been a member of the board for quite some time now.

Well I don't see how the board is actually not friendly, it's just that we try to have as much reliable information as possible, which means being zealous and strict at times. Sure, it may look a bit harsh from the outside, but it's not like you get name calling and such on your first post, nor aggressive reactions as long as you behave in a respectable way, following the Netiquette and basic rules of civility. And even if some members are unkind to you without any justification, you can always notify an administrator about it. ;)

lost to me

Aazealh said:
Having an idea isn't a problem at all, be it developed or not. It's just that a lot things have been said on the subject already, and so people are expecting more than just wild ideas at that point. I'm sure you'll agree with me that encountering skepticism and criticism when posting that kind of suggestion on a forum is perfectly normal. You also can't blame others for awaiting something concrete in answer to their doubts about the degree of achievability of such a project and not just a blind refutal... Insisting on something without backing it up with solid facts just never works.

you are right, i do agree with you on that. being overzealous isn't always acceptable. and yes it is a very "tired" subject so to speak.

Aazealh said:
Well I don't see how the board is actually not friendly, it's just that we try to have as much reliable information as possible, which means being zealous and strict at times. Sure, it may look a bit harsh from the outside, but it's not like you get name calling and such on your first post, nor aggressive reactions as long as you behave in a respectable way, following the Netiquette and basic rules of civility. And even if some members are unkind to you without any justification, you can always notify an administrator about it. ;)

thanks for the pointers. there hasn't been any namecalling or anything like that. but i do see the strictness in this Netiquette you speak of. or whatever, im sure you get my point. i think if i posted more i would be able to see and understand the perspectives of my fellow posters. the one thing that would be awsome to take out of Internet Comm's in general is the blandness mostly always mistaken for bluntness or rudeness. since there's no real inflection in the hum of a processor when reading a post.

as far as the idea. Perhaps ill see what kinda of evolution i can put into it, and maybe someday if it seems more concrete and plausible/presentable I'll present it in this post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
lost to me said:
you are right, i do agree with you on that.

Good. :)

lost to me said:
the one thing that would be awsome to take out of Internet Comm's in general is the blandness mostly always mistaken for bluntness or rudeness. since there's no real inflection in the hum of a processor when reading a post.

Yeah, it sure would spare the users a lot of explanation and justification for every other post they make.

lost to me said:
as far as the idea. Perhaps ill see what kinda of evolution i can put into it, and maybe someday if it seems more concrete and plausible/presentable I'll present it in this post.

Cool, I hope you will.

if a second season would mean manga breaks, i could live without season 2 indefinitely...

besides, the game felt right... lets have more of them! :guts:

lost to me

yeah i feel like a loser. just cause i HAVEN'T PLAYED THE NEW GAME YET! im so sad about that. i don't even own a PS2 to mod. I almost bought the Branded Box Edition a while back, but my credit card wouldn't go through and ever since then i can't even find it online to buy! sad sad sad. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
if a second season would mean manga breaks, i could live without season 2 indefinitely...

Now that's the kind of argument I'm sensible to.

lost to me said:
I almost bought the Branded Box Edition a while back, but my credit card wouldn't go through and ever since then i can't even find it online to buy! sad sad sad. :judo:

Well the Branded Box was the Limited Edition, so you're going to have a hard time finding it outside of Yahoo Japan auctions (see threads in the Merchandise Section for more information about this). The standard version can be found on classic import sites.

Top Bottom