Berserk TV Series - Second season

G

Genn21

:D , griffith told me it was a shot heard round the world ( i really dont see whats great about him and this current post beside him negating secondary internet sources ) but good job whoopy doo ding, dong the witch is gone !!! , its not all that great people with common sence can detect b,s sources , my only time where hague amazed me was with the mg3 snakeeater source it blew my mind when he actully knew what the codename for snakeater ment ,yet some kids go to the circus and get impressed with clowns tho ^^ ... i dunno on this subject tho mizars got three different sources and hagues only got logic.. reason vs rumour yet hague cant disprove mizar , as mizar cant disprove hague.. this leaves only fact that 2004 is right around the corner and when we have the game and not the anime we really wont give a shit because we got something good to look forward to

in the meanwhile tho http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/2chan.php

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
OK, time to respond and try to make some sense of the wonderful world of rumors and facts.

Olivier Hague said:
That's bull. You don't start working on storyboards when you don't even know if it's going to be a TV series/an OVA series/whatever.

I agree, I probably should have left out that source, since animeondvd.com isn't exactly known as a reliable source of information. Besides, they got their info 3rd hand and not 'directly' from Media Blaster's booth at the Anime Central Con in April last year where the others got their info from.

And an official announcement would have been made in Japan. It was months ago, and what did we hear? Nothing. At. All.

That's true, but they must have informed MB that they were really looking into making a 2nd Berserk season. You may not call this pre-production at all, but technically it could be called this I guess. Someone is working on it, at least.

Well, that says it all. They were _thinking_ about it. Then again, they most probably already were back when the TV series came to an end.
Talk about major news. Stop the presses, everyone!Yeah, 'cause, you know, it doesn't exist yet, but it's already so violent, we don't even know if it will be a TV series.
It all seems so concrete already. That's Pre-Production Power for you.I wouldn't bother giving that a name, really...

Really, I do not disagree with your scepticism at all here. Like I said before I am aware it was not any major news, and maybe MB shouldn't have brought this out untill they were sure that the studio in Japan have really started drawing and stuff. I was just saying that the studio in Japan (OLM/VAP) informed MB that they had started looking into making a 2nd Berserk season, which imo can still be classified as a (very early) part of the pre-production stage. Some series stay for many years into this preproduction stage untill they really make it into the actual production of one, and other animes never come out of it at all.
Ok, enough of this, thanks for your relativism here. See you at the next rumor. ;)

And Genn21, of course we can't disprove eachother, we are saying almost the exact same thing, I'm basically just as sceptical about this as him. Only difference is I'm calling it a part of pre-production and he's not.

Now, what about this Italian site and its statement that Nippon TV has announced Berserk 2 for 2004? What are their sources? I'm sorry, I have this fascination with rumors and their origins, I like to dig into these things and discover its roots. 8)

guts the hawk

3713^!^3 B0^!^
incognitoX said:
Too violent for Japanese television? If that was the case there probably would have never been a Berserk series at all.

the manga was ENTIRELY too violent for japanese television. they had to cut a lot out and show a lot of things in a different manner, just so it could pass the censors. the only reason we see all of the violence that we do, is because it was aired on late night television so it had a much smaller audience than i it were a prime time show or the equivalent of a daytime soap opera.

so thts part of the reason that the manga and aime differ so much, because of all of the edting.

incognitoX

you fail me
guts the hawk said:
the manga was ENTIRELY too violent for japanese television. they had to cut a lot out and show a lot of things in a different manner, just so it could pass the censors. the only reason we see all of the violence that we do, is because it was aired on late night television so it had a much smaller audience than i it were a prime time show or the equivalent of a daytime soap opera.

so thts part of the reason that the manga and aime differ so much, because of all of the edting.

Yeah I was aware of that...but I'm just saying that despite all that was cut out it still being violent as it was and getting on TV despite a late night time slot.

They should just make an OVA series like they did with Lodoss.

G

Genn21

:) To violent for japanese T.V , Berserk manga is to violent for the japanese , i hope were talking about the same people here that you beleive arent exposed to that much graphic content, such as violence, sex, and immoral doing's ( rape would be a immoral doing but so would theft 0.o ) thats funny because i know a culture of people who watch anime's daily , and around the time kids get home ( strange coincidence ? )with scantily nude woman batteling giant mecha prone to getting knocked up by a 10 incher hero when she goes home and all she has to say about it " kaaaawaaiii " ( with red marks under her eyeballs ... gayness ) , theres also shows with crazed killbillys who master the marial arts punch people and blow them up into turkey stuffing & vampire warlords who can ripout peoples lungs and use them for geo airbags , there are countless uncensored shows around the air here thats combined content would put berserk to shame on the kill'o'meter with more incest , exploding body parts around the hour than you could imagine , violence is the least of the things they wont show in japan

guts the hawk

3713^!^3 B0^!^
violence is actually one of the few things that they(teapanese) wont show. not graphic violence like in berserk anyways. they'll show school kids get intpo skuffles, and santily clad women and things because they feel that this is a part of life, unlike severing limbs and chopping peps in half wh dragonslayer

understand now?

G

Genn21

youve never scene a anime with severd limbs or people getting cut in half ? wtf.. i have to say thats half of all the good anime out there, i know what you meen by to violent tho when he kills kids and eats intestines that kinda stuff they would still let fly today , maybe not back 5 years ago but lifestyles have changed , and the more violence you put on tv the higher the tolerance lvl goes ( the kids want more blood ^^;;) id say berserk would fit fine for a mature audience looking for a little bashing and smashing with some naughty fine plot

just for fun ^.^ http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kittyfan.php

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Of course there are violent animes. But they don't show stuff like Urotsukidôji on daytime TV, you must understand.

G

Genn21

??? , you know makk one of these days im going to ask what the hell brejnav boys are and i dont want you to tell me its a nord pop band , yes anime most ( not all ) of the dirty wanky spanky hacky smacky stuff is shown during the night hours but hell so is hentai , and i really dont see this as a reason where berserks to violent to fit this time slot here in our day & time makk , i dont think its content is half as bad as american idol ^^

guts the hawk

3713^!^3 B0^!^
i think i said t when i said, that sexual situations and things likethat are a part of life, whereas violence is smething totall unavoidable. have you ever been to japan?? no all anime are made for tv animations like berserk, most are actually movies. but creepy old hentai like la blue girl air on LATE NIGHT televisionwhen the kids have been put to sleep, and mommy and daddyneed something to excite themselves before the go and try for kid #2.

it's not the violence, but the amount of it, and stuff like thatthat eeps most manga from becoming tv shows.

watc berserk vol 5: requited desires, and look at the interviw with the producer of berserk in the extras bonuses section, an liten t wat he has to say, it'll clear your mind and put you at ease

*these are not the droids you're looking for*

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Genn21 [Jhen'towaun] said:
??? , you know makk one of these days im going to ask what the hell brejnav boys are and i dont want you to tell me its a nord pop band

Click the link and find out. ;)

, yes anime most ( not all ) of the dirty wanky spanky hacky smacky stuff is shown during the night hours but hell so is hentai , and i really dont see this as a reason where berserks to violent to fit this time slot here in our day & time makk , i dont think its content is half as bad as american idol ^^

True, but think of it this way: how many times did you se people's entrails graphically depicted in the manga? A lot, right? How many times in the anime? Zero. They watered it down significantly.

G

Genn21

Ya man it was brought down a level when you compare the violence via berserk manga to violence via its anime , yes all deffinatly agree with the entrails and organs and people popping eyeballs all that baby smashing stuff to ( proboly if there insides dont come out it could be ok ) but ya that stuff is like fly paper for censors back when kento first wrote berserk but times have changed dude i hope you noticed , and the stuff in the night gets a tid & a tad bit more pumped over the years with new content constantly being pushed on the children which increases the maturity level more violence must be introduced to keep the levels of excitement higher , so if the children are used to what there ment to see which is already pretty gory sometimes, think of what the censors let slide for the adults these days especcialy late at night , i will bet 1 or two scenes with entrails ETC. will not bring there wrath upon a episode of berserk 2 ( which we havn't evan established exists yet isnt specualtion aobut the future great ... and futile :p ) prove me right miurra !

P

psymont

Genn21 said:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kittyfan.php

that was the funniest thing i have ever seen .... i cried :'( tears of suffocation

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
guts the hawk said:
i think i said t when i said, that sexual situations and things likethat are a part of life, whereas violence is smething totall unavoidable. have you ever been to japan?? no all anime are made for tv animations like berserk, most are actually movies. but creepy old hentai like la blue girl air on LATE NIGHT televisionwhen the kids have been put to sleep, and mommy and daddyneed something to excite themselves before the go and try for kid #2.

it's not the violence, but the amount of it, and stuff like thatthat eeps most manga from becoming tv shows.

watc berserk vol 5: requited desires, and look at the interviw with the producer of berserk in the extras bonuses section, an liten t wat he has to say, it'll clear your mind and put you at ease

*these are not the droids you're looking for*

that wouldnt stop me I would watch it anyway even if it was on at 4am

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
thedarkhawk said:
that wouldnt stop me I would watch it anyway even if it was on at 4am
yea... but you'd have to know about it first. While knowing about the types of shows on late night TV is reasonable.. Hearing of any one in perticular seems rather unlikely...

G

Genn21

:) , ya who knows that those darn tv guides are for anyway !!!!

thepicture.jpg

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Hey guys, I did some research into the rumor at that Japmax.com site Nightcrawler mentioned here, and here is what I came up with. To refresh your memory, this is what they said about Berserk 2:

"According to a reliable source, the 2nd season of the hit anime series Berserk could have very well begun production. It seems that the US distributor, Anime Works, is so pleased with its success, that they decide to finance in half the cost of the 2nd season. We'll update you when more details becomes available."
Source: http://www.japmax.com/news.htm

I e-mailed them to ask if they could reveal their 'reliable source' to me and their reply was that they got their information from www.aintitcoolnews.com . Well, I went to take a look at that site and the info there didn't all look very 'reliable' to me, to say the least. It's a very ugly looking site, all very chaotic and disorienting. But I still wanted to find the exact source of their info to be sure that it was all just a rumor. And what did I find? This so-called 'reliable source' is nothing more than a simple user comment from some random guy on that site! And this comment seems to be a completely warped version of Media Blaster's news the year before that a second season was (only) being looked into. Here's the full text:

"Actually, Berserk season 2 is in pre-production, and is being co-funded by the US company Media Blasters which is releasing Berserk on Region 1 DVD. Expect some more announcements from them in the next couple of months, but it most definitely will be continued..... hopefully Berserk season 2 will be ready by next year."
Source: follow this link

Incredible how these sites don't even check their sources before they simply copy it and state it as a 'reliable source'. Anyway, this one rumor has been put to rest I hope, now what about that Italian site?

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Thanks for the info Mizar!! By the way what have you been up to over there in the land of Tulips and wooden shoes?

;)

LG

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Mizar said:
I e-mailed them to ask if they could reveal their 'reliable source' to me and their reply was that they got their information from www.aintitcoolnews.com . Well, I went to take a look at that site and the info there didn't all look very 'reliable' to me, to say the least. It's a very ugly looking site, all very chaotic and disorienting.

Ain't It Cool is a pretty reliable and good site.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So... the official status is still "wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could do this?"

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lady Griffith said:
Thanks for the info Mizar!! By the way what have you been up to over there in the land of Tulips and wooden shoes?

Oh, nothing much really, just coming down after fryin' on some acid. I thought I was going to die for a moment after being confronted with my inner demons telling me how pathetic I am and that they weren't going to allow me to escape that dark place of terror, but somehow I managed to arrive back safely in consensus reality again after what seemed like an eternity. Now my ego's defenses are all up and running again and everything's just fine. ;) j/k

And the official status of Berserk 2 depends on how one defines "looking into it". Could be everything really, I don't know how much effort they are/were really putting into trying to make a Berserk 2 possible. Media Blasters calls it pre-production, Hague calls it shit. Take your own pick. :p

And Ain't It Cool's site looks horrible in my opinion, and I just said it all didn't look that reliable to me, but that's only based on the way the site looks and is organized, I didn't even know of this site before. Not that it matters, as in this case they didn't spread the rumor about a second season themselves, but one of the users who responded there did.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Walter said:
So... the official status is still "wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could do this?"

That's about all the initiative the creators of jackass need for another season......

Personbot

I believe in fairies!!
Wereallmad said:
That's about all the initiative the creators of jackass need for another season......

But jackass is a complete crock of shit. I still believe that all the people on that show should be shot and the world would be a better place because of it.

jp

I'm a llama!
i would be incredibly happy if they made another season or whatever of anime for Berserk.

granted, i havent read the manga yet... but dammit, i love the Dreamcast game and the anime. :) now i just gotta raise up the money for the manga. :-\

oh, and im new here... so hi. :)

Top Bottom