Duke Nukem Forever...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36746.html

Best thing to come out of E3 this year. I'm..... speechless.
Wow, there
goes 4 minutes of my life.

Thanks again
George Broussard.

Walter said:
Wow, there
goes 4 minutes of my life.

Thanks again
George Broussard.

"This is a bit confusing, so bear with me. This week's revival of the Apogee Software brand represents a second Apogee Software--Apogee Software LLC--which is dedicated to mobile games. And while formed with the assistance of 3D Realms' Scott Miller and George Broussard, both are totally removed from any Apogee Software LLC-related management decisions"

Taken from the shacknews article. I don't know who made that turd. Also this is a DS/PSP game, not DNF.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I laughed about 30 seconds in. This isn't really official, right?
It sure SOUNDS like a joke. Here's a clip from the conference.
The conclusion of Apogee's recently-announced Duke Nukem Trilogy for Nintendo DS and PSP will see the beloved game icon thrust into World War II--in a game that will, at long last, explain the origins of the Duke Nukem namesake.

"We plan on making Duke the Forest Gump of World War II," Apogee COO Terry Nagy revealed to Shacknews, referring to the fictional insertion of the Tom Hanks-played film character into major historical events.

"It was really Duke that sunk the Bismarck," he explained. "It wasn't the British." The Battle of Iwo Jima marks another historical Duke victory. "[Founder] Scott [Miller] absolutely loved the storyline, claiming that it was 'absolutely Duke.'"
source: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=932

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54940

New DNF pics. Apparently it's REAL  :isidro:

[quote author=ShackNews]
Original Story: Tucked away within this week's Xbox 360 release of Duke Nukem 3D were two new screenshots of 3D Realms' long-in-development sequel Duke Nukem Forever.
Available only upon earning all of the game's achievements, the screenshots can be found within the Duke Nukem 3D art gallery.
[/quote]

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, the strippers in particular look like they're using virtually the same models as in the 2001 video. The ass cheeks don't have enough polys, damnit!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/3880/duke-nukem-forever/images/duke-nukem-forever-20081218042325717.html

New promotional art. Very detailed characters.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/3880/duke-nukem-forever/images/duke-nukem-forever-20081218042325717.html

New promotional art. Very detailed characters.
As Lord Humungus would say from Mad Max..

"Walter... just walk away... its not worth it... Just walk away." :SK:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Thanks Walter.
It bothers me that some shots look better. The first couple pics look better than number five, for instance. If I didn't know better I'd say that shot is from the playstation one Numekm game A time to kill.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=George Broussard]
Game developers often say "Cutting is shipping". We begin this year with a vengeance and a chainsaw.
[/quote]
What the fuck does that mean?

Walter said:
What the fuck does that mean?

Open to interpretation. lol :ganishka:
I think it means they are done adding features. They are probably going to trim the game down to what they intend to ship this year. Whether that implies a release date this year or not .. well who knows.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not too familiar with development jargon phrases, but Google helped me. "If a feature isn’t coming together, it’s usually far better to decide NOT to deliver a particular feature then to have that feature jeopardize the ability to ship the whole system."

So yeah, thanks George. We don't need pixel-shaded urine for when Duke visits the bathroom at the strip club. You can safely leave that out, and save it for a patch. Much obliged.

I also took the entry to mean that they're aiming for a 2009 release. But HAH, we'll see, won't we?

Walter said:
Yeah, I'm not too familiar with development jargon phrases, but Google helped me. "If a feature isn’t coming together, it’s usually far better to decide NOT to deliver a particular feature then to have that feature jeopardize the ability to ship the whole system."

So yeah, thanks George. We don't need pixel-shaded urine for when Duke visits the bathroom at the strip club. You can safely leave that out, and save it for a patch. Much obliged.

I also took the entry to mean that they're aiming for a 2009 release. But HAH, we'll see, won't we?

Yeah I'm thinking 2009 as well, though I wouldn't be surprised at an early 2010 release either. Depends on how much they are going to polish after the cut phase. Cutting probably implies that they are at a point were they have more then enough already in the game. Now they're just going to trim the edges and make it presentable. Which is kind of strange since Jace hall was actually playing it a few months back. And he said hes seen games ship in a less completed form. "Featurefreeze" might be relevant. I'm at a point with DNF were I don't really care about the graphics. If it's fun and keeps me entertained throughout then I'll be happy.

It might also be best to take the whole thing with a grain of salt. It might just be George's new years resolution as it's his first post on twitter since December. Or it might not even be about dnf? though the Duke mighty boot would point to something Duke related. Might just be a cocktease.

Considering he's only taking a carry on... maybe the games already on a dvd/bluray or maybe just an external harddrive. ..or a laptop.
http://twitter.com/georgeb3dr/status/1150265907

Still interesting. There are also newer comments.
I think we might be seeing the departure of the hype train in a few weeks or months.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I am wondering which is going to come out first? Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development/vaporware for 10+ years or Darkfall which has been in development/vaporware for 8+ years? :ganishka:

Both are supposed to be released some time this year but neither have shown anything worthwhile! Oh internet how I love thee. :slan:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I am wondering which is going to come out first? Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development/vaporware for 10+ years or Darkfall which has been in development/vaporware for 8+ years? :ganishka:

Both are supposed to be released some time this year but neither have shown anything worthwhile! Oh internet how I love thee. :slan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkfall

If that article isn't a load of crap. Then Darkfall will be released first.
announced on 16 January 2009 that the European release date had been delayed to 25 February 2009.
Release dates you can put on a calendar are better than "WiD"

I actually wouldn't be surprised if DNF was not a 2009 title and instead aimed for a very early 2010 release. But since it's still WID. Well, who know. I ain't waiting forever.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Ramen4ever said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkfall

If that article isn't a load of crap. Then Darkfall will be released first. Release dates you can put on a calendar are better than "WiD"
Not really. Tell that to the people that pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever who still have their old receipts ready to pick it up! Those stores had a date attached to it! :guts:

Looks like Darkfall is going to have like a week of beta then its off to release (All aboard the failboat).

Any word if The Duke is going to make an appearance at the new E3 this year? :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Not really. Tell that to the people that pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever who still have their old receipts ready to pick it up! Those stores had a date attached to it! :guts:

Yeah Amazon still does pre-order if I'm not mistaken. Strangely enough they change their official "release date" to next year, every year. Stores don't make games and they don't decide when a game is released. I did a quick glance over of the Darkfall website. Their last front page "release date" news was still going on about a January release. So I don't think I'm going to place too much faith into the Feb release date.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Any word if The Duke is going to make an appearance at the new E3 this year? :carcus:

Last I recall George.. or maybe it was Scott, said that E3 doesn't matter. That was quite a while ago but I don't think they're going to make an appearance this year.
I am curious as to what kind of advertising 3dr and 2k will do. So far they've already done some viral stuff thanks to the Jace Hall show. (Which btw is actually pretty funny, sometimes)

SaiyajinNoOuji

Got this from the SA forums just now.

Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=58519 :ganishka:

EDIT :
Update 2: Duke Nukem Forever publisher Take-Two confirmed to Shacknews that it has pulled funding from Duke Nukem Forever.

"We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two VP of communications Alan Lewis in a prepared statement.

"In addition, Take-Two continues to retain the publishing rights to Duke Nukem Forever," he added.

Damn you I came to post this!

I am hoping it is a ploy but when you dont' make a game for 13 years....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Cronus said:
Damn you I came to post this!

I am hoping it is a ploy but when you dont' make a game for 13 years....
Yeah like we were talking about earlier, I can easily see George coming on in the next few days and saying: "Gold."

Top Bottom