Frank Miller's 300

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
I guess I'm supposed to get excited because these guys are so INTENSZE!!!

I lost count of how many "yelling" shots were put in the trailer.

300: Sponsored by Colgate.

edit: anyone else notice that the the shouting echoes in a way thats its obvious they shot indoors?

Mixed emotions on this one for me. On the plus side it's Sparta so yey, but than again it's a Kurt Russell/Soldier Sparta so boo....
Guys with swords killing other guys with swords in ancient Greece, fell for it once but two times would be too much...
anyone else notice that the the shouting echoes in a way thats its obvious they shot indoors?
I have to agree on the echo thing and the CGI doesn't really work for me either...

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't think the cgi looks bad, then again I like that kind of cheesy fantasy kind of look.
There are quite a few "this is our last stand"-speeches just in the trailer alone...
I thought so too and I seriously hope this isn't too overdramatic, but it still looks like a cool movie, I don't think it's meant to be some kind of Braveheart epic type (at least I hope not, that would totally destroy it) but you can't really tell from the trailer.

i hate the CGI in the trailer.. Crap.. This story had so much potential, why didn't "Hollywood" do Gates of Fire instead? :judo:
But it looks a lot like the comic.. So i guess the fans will be thrilled.

"i hate the CGI in the trailer.. Crap.. This story had so much potential, why didn't "Hollywood" do Gates of Fire instead?
But it looks a lot like the comic.. So i guess the fans will be thrilled. "

- Because gates of Fire was supposedly as cheesey but took itself far more seriously.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
That shot where the kid speared the wolf looked like crap.

Seconded, it's what struck me the most. It's a really bad attempt at reproducing a shot that works well in a comic book.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
anybody seen the new trailer? The movie looks beautiful, with the creatures in the movie, it looks like this movie is the closest thing we will get to a berserk movie for a while.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hitokiri said:
anybody seen the new trailer? The movie looks beautiful, with the creatures in the movie, it looks like this movie is the closest thing we will get to a berserk movie for a while.

I saw the trailer, it does look ok. Not as crappy as the first one.
I have no idea why studios would release teasers with unfinished CG. Its retarded.

But whats with the berserk comparison? They've both got swords in them? 300 ain't no berserk.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
CnC said:
I saw the trailer, it does look ok. Not as crappy as the first one.
I have no idea why studios would release teasers with unfinished CG. Its retarded.

But whats with the berserk comparison? They've both got swords in them? 300 ain't no berserk.
I'm sure he means the gritty darkness setting that it takes place. Massive fights no hold bars action. Also it will probably have tons of blood. :guts:

But that's not all that Berserk has to offer. :miura:

It also has nudity and graphic sex!!! :guts:

But I'm sure this one will have nudity; lots of male genitalia, probably. Or, at least, oodles of phallic symbols.
Have fun, homos. :schierke:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Slightly Green said:
But that's not all that Berserk has to offer. :miura:

It also has nudity and graphic sex!!! :guts:

But I'm sure this one will have nudity; lots of male genitalia, probably. Or, at least, oodles of phallic symbols.
Have fun, homos. :schierke:
Well couldn't the same be said about Berserk, nothing like some man boy love/rape. :carcus:

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to this movie and its phallic symbols that I hope it has.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
The Dark Knight Femto said:
9 new clips.........enjoy!! I did :chomp:

http://movies.go.com/300/m854148/action

Not gonna watch 'em, sorry. I don't want any more of the movie revealed to me than what I've already seen in the trailers. :guts:

S

Sanguinius

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, right. And the "Then we'll fight in the shade" line made me cringe. =)

To be fair anyone making a film about this would have to include this line as its actually genuine dialogue, although I hope it does not go on to to long with the FREEDOM speeches.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
According to an interview with IGN.com, Director Zack Snyder says that fighting styles and formations (particularly the Spartan's phalanx) were purposefully changed - making them historically inaccurate - so they'd "look cool" and work better for movie purposes.

:schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
To be fair anyone making a film about this would have to include this line as its actually genuine dialogue, although I hope it does not go on to to long with the FREEDOM speeches.
That line and several other embarassing moments in the trailer would be fine if delivered properly, but when yelling SPAAAARTAAAAAAA at the top of your lungs constantly while delivering it... not so much.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
While I agree the wolf scene needs some work, and will probably be a glaring flaw in the film, I'm actually really looking forward to this.

Despite the debacle that was Troy, I'm actually thinking this is going to be something special.

I'm abig fan of Frank Miller's work and Hyper stylized or not, 300 was a great graphic novel.

I know where I'll be March 9th.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
:troll:

saucepm5.gif

fuxberg said:
You do realize that this movie is an adaptation of Frank Miller's 300..
If you want realism go see a documentary about the battle of Termopylae or something..  :miura:

Thank god someone thinks the same as I on this whole topic.

When a movie has various orcs and beasts, I think it can be forgiven that the fighting style was tweaked a bit, as with the actual numbers of the battle.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
fuxberg said:
You do realize that this movie is an adaptation of Frank Miller's 300..
If you want realism go see a documentary about the battle of Termopylae or something..  :miura:

Seriously if people on this board are expecting the real Thermopylae battle look some where else this movie is based off of the exaggerated events depicted by the genius Frank Miller in the comic book of the same name, plus the movie has gotten nothing but positive reviews, cant wait to see it!

sarahofborg

goodbye assholes
I just bought tickets. I live near an IMAX theater so it was obvious that I should go there, even for $12 a ticket. I would have bought them for Friday but it was sold out...today is Tuesday. Yeah.
So Saturday night it is. I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Last time I saw a big movie in IMAX was Superman Returns. I saw it in regular theaters first, and saw the IMAX a week later. Despite this, tickets were sold out an hour before every show and I had to wait in line for 45 minutes. At the very least I'm sure 300 will outsell that.
I hope this movie is a real big hit, it looks so good. The next Gladiator maybe? (er, but surely not the next Ben Hur or Spartacus...movies I'd highly recommend seeing before you see 300)

Top Bottom