Greetings to all, a quick note to all of the members about training.

Mo said:
lol Yea, I guess I'll just give up bodybuilding and take up drinking and partying.  That's the difference between you and me, a champion, and a norm  - I'm a champion, I will keep winning and leave you in the dust watching me in the magazines and on TV, meanwhile you will be shaking your head eating McDonalds and talking about how unhealthy I am....  Why do you automatically assume I'm unhealthy?  My blood pressure is far below the national average, so is my cholesterol.  I have a healthy heart, I actually do blood tests and take supplements to keep my liver and kidneys clean.  When was the last time you checked your creatnine and cholesterol levels?  It's so funny how people think us bodybuilders are so stupid and in reality, we know more about anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, nutrition,and gynecology more than your average doctor.  You just see a page out of your comic come to life and you automatically think that we must do something unreal and stupid to get that way.  Ever try training and eating like a bodybuilder for 8-10 years? 

SEE YA - WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!

That's all very romantic to say but
1)IMHO you seem to have used drugs which are usually attached to health complications (which could not be the case but unfortunatelly this is not the only thing that could be bad for your health).
2)"Natural"* supplements are not so healthy too.
3)Moderate training for healthy people is usually health benefitial but this is not the case for competitive or "champion" levels.

Pay attention that complications don't necessarily appear right away but sometimes are a byproduct of a chronic situation and you could happen to face them years later.

And a last bit of important advice: If you haven't done allready, head to a sperm bank, check your sperm health and if its ok store some of it. You never know what happens and your path is one with statistically increased odds of complications regarding sperm health. And I hope you allready understand that sperm health could be a serious psychological and life quality issue - for some people at least.

Eventually, I understand that bodybuilding is a successfull business industry but that doesn't mean it's healthy.
Same goes for athletes of various sports.

*I put "natural" in brackets because assuming glutamine and suplement stuff like that isn't really natural. Yes, these substances exist in our body but this fact and the way you diet on them is a different question. Natural diet is considered a way of nutrition whose usage is testified by generations and comes from our direct ecosystem (eg fruits, vegetables, traditional cooking, etch)

P.S. Ancient greek quote: "Pan metron ariston"
Which means:  "Excellency is measure/moderation in everything"

Mo

The Warrior
Natural, coming from the ecosystem?  I guess that makes cocaine and cannabis perfectly okay then?  They are barely processed and grow on trees.  :p

If only defining natural was that simple... Bodybuilders, powerathletes, and Olympic athletes still haven't defined it.  What about branched chain Amino Acids, there are essential amino acids that DON'T exist in foods.  I could go on and on, you can't win the argument.  Creatine exists in tuna and red-meats, so does mercury though. Should I get my creatine from a supplement that is pure, or tuna which can be poisenous if eaten in exorbitant amounts? 

My lifestyle, that of a bodybuilder, requires a great deal of discipline and focus.  It's not for the fragile minded and weak-willed.  Furthermore, it's a lot healthier than drinking beer, smoking, eating mcdonalds and all of that garbage.  Do you know what the number one cause of death here in the US is?  Heart failure, because of the publics conception of "healthy". 

Mo said:
Natural, coming from the ecosystem?  I guess that makes cocaine and cannabis perfectly okay then?  They are barely processed and grow on trees.  :p

If only defining natural was that simple... Bodybuilders, powerathletes, and Olympic athletes still haven't defined it.  What about branched chain Amino Acids, there are essential amino acids that DON'T exist in foods.  I could go on and on, you can't win the argument.  Creatine exists in tuna and red-meats, so does mercury though. Should I get my creatine from a supplement that is pure, or tuna which can be poisenous if eaten in exorbitant amounts? 

My lifestyle, that of a bodybuilder, requires a great deal of discipline and focus.  It's not for the fragile minded and weak-willed.  Furthermore, it's a lot healthier than drinking beer, smoking, eating mcdonalds and all of that garbage.  Do you know what the number one cause of death here in the US is?  Heart failure, because of the publics conception of "healthy". 

Mo, I allready replied you: Natural diet is a diet that goes on by more generations of a population in a certain ecosystem. This means that there is evidence of a special diets effects in the long run.
If tuna fish are contaminated nowadays, well I guess it's time we demand a stop to contamination
Same goes from everything
IMO what you say you are doing is avoiding one trap by falling to another.
Remember that moderation and measure is the mother of well being.
If modern lifestyle american hadits are bad at some points then you have to seek the answer to what you allready know: not experiment new ones in an instant (most importantly when it comes to health)
Evolution is a much slower process in respect to your solutions.

Mo

The Warrior
What trap? I'm more aware of what goes on in my body than 99% of the population? I'm aware what excesive levels of various amino acids, and creatine do. That's why I do blood tests - to keep my internal organs healthy. Self-awarness brother, that's what i have that nobody else has (plus 270lbs. of muscle).You don't become a champ by doing what everybody else does, take it from one. Good luck and God Bless. -Mo

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Mo said:
What trap?  I'm more aware of what goes on in my body than 99% of the population?  I'm aware what excesive levels of various amino acids, and creatine do. That's why I do blood tests - to keep my internal organs healthy.  Self-awarness brother, that's what i have that nobody else has (plus 270lbs. of muscle).You don't become a champ by doing what everybody else does, take it from one. Good luck and God Bless. -Mo 

You are awesome.

Mo said:
What trap?  I'm more aware of what goes on in my body than 99% of the population?  I'm aware what excesive levels of various amino acids, and creatine do. That's why I do blood tests - to keep my internal organs healthy.  Self-awarness brother, that's what i have that nobody else has (plus 270lbs. of muscle).You don't become a champ by doing what everybody else does, take it from one. Good luck and God Bless. -Mo 

Half-knowledge of things is worse than ignorance.
This is your trap

Mo

The Warrior
GrifithnoMore: Thanks brother! You're not bad yourself :)

I have a certification in sports nutrition, consult with the best sports trainer in the industry (Chad Nicholls), Mike Tyson's nutritional adviser, and have many courses under my belt in the biochemistry and biomedical sciences. Tell me, why should I take your advice over all of these people and my own personal experience. I've been where you are, you haven't been where I've been. Don't talk out of your ass - you have no idea what type of knowledge and science is associated with keeping athletes healthy. Just end it man you can't win this argument. You, however, are certainly entitled to your inexperienced and outdated opinion. ;)

Mo said:
GrifithnoMore: Thanks brother!  You're not bad yourself  :)

I have a certification in sports nutrition, consult with the best sports trainer in the industry (Chad Nicholls), Mike Tyson's nutritional adviser, and have many courses under my belt in the biochemistry and biomedical sciences.  Tell me, why should I take your advice over all of these people and my own personal experience.  I've been where you are, you haven't been where I've been.  Don't talk out of your ass - you have no idea what type of knowledge and science is associated with keeping athletes healthy.  Just end it man you can't win this argument.  You, however, are certainly entitled to your inexperienced and outdated opinion.   ;)

The experience you are talking about actually is not experience but experiments.
And it is allready known that many of those experiments have had unhappy conclusions.
Btw, you could also be outdated Mo. In a couple of years or so genetic enhancement could be available, did you know that?
It could make you super-muscle and super-libs, you know.
Why not take on to this? After all it will not be outdated, it will be champion stuff   ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
xechnao said:
The experience you are talking about actually is not experience but experiments.
And it is allready known that many of those experiments have had unhappy conclusions.
Btw, you could also be outdated Mo. In a couple of years or so genetic enhancement could be available, did you know that?
Why not take on to this? After all it will not be outdated, it will be champion stuff   ::)
Seriously Xech, why do you act like a know it all? This is the kinda thing GriffithNoMore was talking about. Why can't you just let things be? You question EVERYTHING, now mind you that isn't a bad thing... but the way you do it, you make it seem like, "Listen to me because I am right and you are wrong".

Do you have some kind of complex? What was the last thing that you did that took a large part of your time along with immense concentration and discipline?

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Seriously Xech, why do you act like a know it all? This is the kinda thing GriffithNoMore was talking about. Why can't you just let things be? You question EVERYTHING, now mind you that isn't a bad thing... Do you have some kind of complex? What was the last thing that you did that took a large part of your time along with immense concentration and discipline?

Let me ask you one question...why do you bother with me personally?
If there is something I said that you don't like deal with it, not me, myself.
What is this time I said that was wrong? It is common ground that in the field of competitive athletism and bodybuilding there have been health issues. Do you disagree or have issues with this or something else I said ? Please tell about it instead of speaking about me.
I think, it makes no good to speak about me everytime you have an issue on a matter I am talking about.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
but the way you do it, you make it seem like, "Listen to me because I am right and you are wrong".

Well some things around are obvious, some are not. I think I am dealing with the obvious in this thread IMO, but yes, perhaps I have judged wrong of you.
Of course, sometimes, I just express an opinion or a preference. And sometimes it happens to attract kinds of reactions and replies of course. Some of them are constructive, some of them are just reactionary...this is not my fault only. If I have been provocative first place, well sometimes I could just not be aware of it. Now that we are talking about, I understand this is an international community and some of us have their particular sensibilities. But this doesn't mean that I shouldn't express the way I see things, should I? It all stands in the reaction IMO...if there is an issue with a message deal with it, instead of attacking the messenger. You should give your message too.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What was the last thing that you did that took a large part of your time along with immense concentration and discipline?
What are you talking about here?

P.S. This is Mo's thread. I believe Aaz should mod us over here at this point.

SaiyajinNoOuji

xechnao said:
Let me ask you one question...why do you bother with me personally?
If there is something I said that you don't like deal with it, not me, myself.
What is this time I said that was wrong? It is common ground that in the field of competitive athleticism and bodybuilding there have been health issues. Do you disagree or have issues with this or something else I said ? Please tell about it instead of speaking about me.
I think, it makes no good to speak about me everytime you have an issue on a matter I am talking about.

Well some things around are obvious, some are not. I think I am dealing with the obvious in this thread IMO, but yes, perhaps I have judged wrong of you.
Of course, sometimes, I just express an opinion or a preference. And sometimes it happens to attract kinds of reactions and replies of course. Some of them are constructive, some of them are just reactionary...this is not my fault only. If I have been provocative first place, well sometimes I could just not be aware of it. Now that we are talking about, I understand this is an international community and some of us have their particular sensibilities. But this doesn't mean that I shouldn't express the way I see things, should I? It all stands in the reaction IMO...if there is an issue with a message deal with it, instead of attacking the messenger. You should give your message too.
What are you talking about here?

P.S. This is Mo's thread. I believe Aaz should mod us over here at this point.

It seems to be just you that bring all these reactions. Yea other people say dumb things and get told by other members, but your responses have triggered the more hostile types ever since you came to these boards.

About your obvious and not so obvious things, you even challenge the obvious things, ranging from Berserk related topics to real life topics, some times it doesn't make sense.

Also the other comment about the whole discipline question is just that. Its a question asking you, what things have you done in your life that required great amounts of discipline and sacrifices?

p.s. Yes I do agree that there are health issues with athletic's but that is with the part time lifters who use supplements with out much knowledge in them, the more professional types like Mo have a greater understanding, and in aspects in nutrition, better then doctors... look at Atkins... he was a tubby bastard who had a heart attack and was killed when he knocked his head. THe deaths in body building due to health problems are way to small to even take notice, and the ones that do die more then likely took suppliments that were well in the illegal side.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
It seems to be just you that bring all these reactions. Yea other people say dumb things and get told by other members, but your responses have triggered the more hostile types ever since you came to these boards.

Well, perhaps I happened to trigger some sensibilities others didn't happen. That trigger would have been related on a certain matter, wouldn't it?
So I throw the ball back to you and ask you if there are certain sensibilities over here or not.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
About your obvious and not so obvious things, you even challenge the obvious things, ranging from Berserk related topics to real life topics, some times it doesn't make sense.

Berserk is just irrelevant, don't use it in your cause. Before coming here, avid berserk fan but all I knew was about the italian edition and took me some time to emotionally land at skullknight. Yeah, that was my fault but I want to believe that it could have helped to some positive and constructive reaction eventually - see newbie faq, encyclopedia and the like.
As far as real life topics what obvious ones are you talking about? If you are reffering to peace and war or to space and environmental priorities you are wrong. I think these issues are far from obvious. If you want to take a position, you may do as you please but try to focus on the positions and their confrontations, not on me if I don't happen to share your side- if there is one.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also the other comment about the whole discipline question is just that. Its a question asking you, what things have you done in your life that required great amounts of discipline and sacrifices?
I really don't get you here. I am an ordinary guy, do you need more  ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
p.s. Yes I do agree that there are health issues with athletic's but that is with the part time lifters who use supplements with out much knowledge in them, the more professional types like Mo have a greater understanding, and in aspects in nutrition, better then doctors... look at Atkins... he was a tubby bastard who had a heart attack and was killed when he knocked his head. THe deaths in body building due to health problems are way to small to even take notice, and the ones that do die more then likely took suppliments that were well in the illegal side.

Saiya, first of all I am not talking only about instant fatal complications.
Now, I have dealt with this field and trust me there is much more than you make it seem. National and business interests just try to cover it up or not promote evidence and research expand against it.
But, you must first of all understand that there is just not good understanding of this stuff for the long run. Yes, Mo's kidneys and liver might be ok, but we can't globally know of heart or circulatory or hormonal or even skeletal complications in the long run.
There have been many cases (even top names in the field) of competitors that have sufferred of such complications allready. Cases that make it statistically significant.
Conclusion: why not try to fit the ideal ordinary level? I mean what is there more than that? Superiority?  ::)

Mo

The Warrior
xechnao said:

What are you talking about man?  Where do you think experience comes from?  Experience is many many years of trial and error.  You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of "health issues".  You are stuck on that Natural = good concept that the media and advertisers push on you to buy their products.  Ice Cream is all natural, so is sugar.  Give sugar to a diabetic and you can kill him.  Give beer (which is natural) to a genetically dispositioned alcoholic, and you have another alcoholic.  You have no argument because you have no idea what you are talking about.  You are saying that there are health issues involved, but, you fail to realize that modern day sports nutritionists and physiologists already have those complications figured out and advise their athletes accordingly.  There is risk involved with everything - including driving your car (if you're old enough to drive) everyday.  There are precautions that one must take to ensure  safety in any setting or procedure.  

Genetic alteration has been around for a very very long time.  Very few, however, are able to afford it.  There aren't enough studies and experiments on the subject to even consider it.  That being said, I consider that a course for the lazy that don't wish to walk the path of a true champion.

Conclusion: why not try to fit the ideal ordinary level? I mean what is there more than that? Superiority?

Heh I suppose we should all try to be more like you fella, normal? :p

Who has suffered from circulatory and skeletal complications? Name 'em. I know em all, every last famous bodybuilder to ever walk the earth. You can't - because here hasn't been any. There have been two deaths of bodybuilders in the past decade - both were due to severe dehydration. On bodybuilder had renal complications because he was taking 7 Aleve's three times daily for his joint pain, topped of with 700grams of protein, daily. He was genetically predispositioned with weak joints, just as numerous basketball, baseball, and football players are. You do have a problem admitting when you don't know enough about the subject at hand to stop talking about it. This is my life's work - you will just make a bigger fool out of yourself if you continue.

Mo said:
What are you talking about man?  Where do you think experience comes from?  Experience is many many years of trial and error.
Yes, many more than you seem to think of. 

Mo said:
You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of "health issues".  You are stuck on that Natural = good concept that the media and advertisers push on you to buy their products.  Ice Cream is all natural, so is sugar.  Give sugar to a diabetic and you can kill him.  Give beer (which is natural) to a genetically dispositioned alcoholic, and you have another alcoholic.  You have no argument because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Mo, I have allready been dealing with this issue with other guys around here, don't add yourself in the list.
Don't put myself in your mouth in a discussion you don't know.
I am not judging from advertisements, I haven't seen those you are talking about, I don't live in US.
I am finishing my final thesis to become a doctor and I know what I am talking about.  

Mo said:
 You are saying that there are health issues involved, but, you fail to realize that modern day sports nutritionists and physiologists already have those complications figured out and advise their athletes accordingly.  There is risk involved with everything - including driving your car (if you're old enough to drive) everyday.  There are precautions that one must take to ensure  safety in any setting or procedure.

Major pharmaceutical companies retrieve medicines after years because of a noted complication in the long run. There are interests in these businesses but they are much more monitored that the businesses you are talking about.
Anyway, if you really understand the risks, there is nothing to tell in this point.  

Mo said:
Genetic alteration has been around for a very very long time.  Very few, however, are able to afford it.  There aren't enough studies and experiments on the subject to even consider it.  That being said, I consider that a course for the lazy that don't wish to walk the path of a true champion.

It is considered as an issue to deal with in the next Olympic games. In my personal point of view life champions don't deal neither with them nor with your path. But this is just me  ;)

"Heh I suppose we should all try to be more like you fella, normal?"

Trying to be normal IMO means trying to resist those influences that could drive you off to exagerations.

incognitoX

you fail me
I have a question for you MO

Are those pills that you see advertised on television like trimspa, stacker 2, etc. actually considered safe to digest or are they just variations of legalized speed like dexotrim? There always seems to be mixed reactions about these products and I figured since you were in the know of nutrition and all you'd be the one to clarify it.

I read somewhere that Trimspa actually had like seventeen times the amount of caffiene then a cup of coffee. Why the hell are these pills still legal and are so easy to obtain when they basically are just over the counter speed?

Mo, let me ask you a question. Would you be in favor of the elimination of anti-doping efforts or in favor of their progress so that no substance can be ever used?
I am asking you to also see what doping means for you.

Now, as far as heart problems go, the god of bodybuilding, Arnold himself has had an issue. About hormonal problems it seems you didn't even dare to answer. Remember that bit of advice I gave you about reproduction first place? Keep it in mind if you want

Mo said:
This is my life's work - you will just make a bigger fool out of yourself if you continue. 

And you are how old allready? P.S. I an not waiting to see you being named in Nobel prizes, an article addition at Nature magazine will do it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mo said:
Furthermore, it's a lot healthier than drinking beer, smoking, eating mcdonalds and all of that garbage.  Do you know what the number one cause of death here in the US is?  Heart failure, because of the publics conception of "healthy".

Be sure to drink one glass of good French wine each and every day, and your heart will never fail you. It has been scientifically proven, as well as by centuries of experimentation.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
That, plus an healthy loaf of French bread...
Way to go champ, see you in ten or twenty years, if you're still around ;D
Seriously, you seem to know what you're doing, fine by me...just don't get offended when people
freak out when they look at you, after all you're the one who decided to post these pics of yours... you can't expect the whole community to agree with you on issues like extensive body building, it's not like everybody would want to look that way...I assure you.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Be sure to drink one glass of good French wine each and every day, and your heart will never fail you. It has been scientifically proven, as well as by centuries of experimentation.
Same thing with beer. 1 can a day can prolong your life... but then like everything else... moderation ;D People just dont know when to quit.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
During WW2 they did water down Chateau Margo 1942.  The best wine ever made.

Have you ever drank wine once in your life? ::)

It's Château Margaux, by the way, and their 1942 production wasn't very good. Now 1943 is a different story.

Btw when i said that dieting and training is unhealthy, i was being sarcastic. Sure many people (noobs) claim it is unsafe, but that is just a way to get out of it. This stuff can be unhealthy, yes if you don't know what you are doing and you can overdose on stuff (overdose on anything, even 100% natural stuff, yes they can cause problems like vitamin B3, B6, Folic acid, Vitamin C, A, D3, E, K just to name a few things that come in your everyday foods).

And if bodybuilding is not your thing than stay the hell out of it. Don't pester people by blowing air out your ass. Prove it than. Mo is very healthy (or so i assume) and i (not being as built as Mo, but i still train) am healthy and i am the healthiest i have ever been. My dad also trained with weights and did a bunch of other sporsts, he is 45 and very healthy and still strong enough to crush with face without any effort. Same goes for my grandpa. (87 and i never thought old people can be that strong).

Mo

The Warrior
incognitoX said:
I have a question for you MO

Are those pills that you see advertised on television like trimspa, stacker 2, etc. actually considered safe to digest or are they just variations of legalized speed like dexotrim? There always seems to be mixed reactions about these products and I figured since you were in the know of nutrition and all you'd be the one to clarify it.

I read somewhere that Trimspa actually had like seventeen times the amount of caffeine then a cup of coffee. Why the hell are these pills still legal and are so easy to obtain when they basically are just over the counter speed?

That's a bit exaggerated my friend, I don't blame you though.  These supplement companies are getting down-right ridiculous with their false claims and bogus products.  95% of the stuff on the shelves is garbage.  Take it from me.  Ask me, or anybody else in the industry (besides the sales rep.) before you buy a supplement.  

The most basic fat burners consist of 1. 200mg of caffeine, 100mg. of ephedra, and about the equivalent of a half pill of aspirin, in white willow bark.  And cellulose, the main ingredient in gum. (Note all of the ingredients are "natural" by our friend's standards).  200Mg. of caffeine equals nearly a cup and a half - two cups of coffee, ephedra is an extrat from a plant that is used as a  decongestant, called ephedrine.  It is a plant that has been used as a decongestant for many, many years, even to this day.  Many supplement companies go ahead and up the milligram dosages per tablet, letting you thing that you are getting more "bang for your buck", however, by doing so blood pressure issues issues arose.  To top it off, ignorant non-educated athletes, think "if some is good then more is better".  They put their metabolisms into overdrive in a quest to loose fat/and or get that "kick" out of the metabolisms inability to break down the ephedra.  I don't want to get any more technical than i already have, but I hope that sums it up for you. :)  If you want to use, be smart about it, get professional advice on what supplements to take and how much, and monitor yourself regularly.  Good luck and God bless.  

Mo, let me ask you a question. Would you be in favor of the elimination of anti-doping efforts or in favor of their progress so that no substance can be ever used?
I am asking you to also see what doping means for you.

Now, as far as heart problems go, the god of bodybuilding, Arnold himself has had an issue. About hormonal problems it seems you didn't even dare to answer. Remember that bit of advice I gave you about reproduction first place? Keep it in mind if you want

Let me start off by saying that there is no way in HELL you are a doctor nor do you have any profession at all in the medical field. That being said, I'm totally for anti-doping in sports.  I don't believe it's fair to target certain athletes like bodybuilders and powerathletes simply because of our appearance.  If anti-doping is to be enforced, then, every athlete in every sport should be tested and automatically banned if caught.  It should be a zero-tolerance policy.  What people like you don't understand is that bodybuilders TRAIN AND DIET to look the way we do - it's not a result of supplements and drugs.  Do you walk up to Mark McGuire or Mikey Mantel and tell him that you should watch your health, you should train in moderation - of course not.  But what you didn't know is that both athletes used hormones and various sports supplements.

As for hormonal complexes, again, this is where you ignorance about hormone replacement is evident and why I'm certain that you have no idea what you are talking about in the medical field.  I won't sit here and explain to you the rather complicated metabolism of hcg, clomid, and nolvadex. Nor will I explain the taper methods used by sports physiologists all throughout the world - you wouldn't begin to understand what I'm talking about.  On the simpler level, Dennis James, (One of the greatest bodybuilders the world has ever seen), has 3 healthy and beautiful daughters.  Mark Dugdale, conceived his 3rd child at last year's USA championships.  Ronnie Coleman (The reining Mr. Olympia) has a beautiful and healthy daughter.  The list goes on and on....
About, the champion remark, all throughout history hormones were perfectly legal and acceptable in sports (until 1980).  What's to tell you that your "Champions" didn't use anything - their physical appearance?  If you go by that, then you are more naive than i thought.

Olotobaz:  Unless you have the heart I have, you couldn't walk my path if you wanted to.  I don't really care who wants to look like me or not.  It's just really sad to see the amount of ignorance there is out there about bodybuilders.  "Oh he looks like that cuz he uses steroids, I could look like that if I wanted to, but that's too big".  Say what you want, the girls love it.

DSC02089.jpg

I'm done with you man, just move on.  If you have a question just ask politely and humbly and I will answer.    

SaiyajinNoOuji

xechnao said:
While this may be true Xech, you have to remember the time period that he began to use these.... Back then a lot of questionable stuff was legal back then.

Top Bottom