Greetings to all, a quick note to all of the members about training.

Mo

The Warrior
What the hell are all of those A's in my initial post?  Aazealh.

you playing a joke? :)

K999, I'm going to make this brief becuz I'm on my way out to the gym now.  I do heavy deadlifts and pullups for overall back definition and thickness.  Hands down, the best two excercises for back.  Shoulders, I do millitary presses, and I've been training for 8 years.  I'm 21 now.  60lbs. heavier than in the picture..lol Scary eh...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mo said:
What the hell are all of those A's in my initial post? Azzelah you playing a joke? :)

It relates to the server and affects all the board. And the name's Aazealh.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
Hi Mo, I'm usually a lurker but you have piqued my interest regarding training.

Well I'm trying to just gain strength and lose fat percentage. Any suggestions for the best/ most efficient way to do that?

I notice I gain strength and size pretty quickly, but shedding fat... not so good.

I also TRY to increase Bench, pull ups, deadlifts and squats by 10 pnds per week.

I would also like to know some of your specs(strength wise) - like how much you bench currently, how much you curl(one arm), how much you deadlift, how much you pull down and how much you squat.

I'm sure they are impressive and would give me some inspiration to motivate myself even more so.

BTW how much do you weigh currently?

Ps. I'm the same age as you and height aswell.

Mo

The Warrior
Hi, Hi there, ;D

In order to shed fat you must clean up your diet. Eat lean cuts of meat, avoid simple carbs, but be sure to include plenty of complex carbs for recuperation. if you need me to explain in further detail just ask. I'm talking generally assuming that you got some knowledge about diet.

I bench 455, Curl 100lbs. one arm, deadlift about 600, pulldown 300 for reps, squat 585 for reps. Weigh 267 now. Nice to hear that you train brother. Be sure to let me know how your progress is going. -Mo

I have questons

Ive been working our for a few months now... My knowledge on weight lifting; I read the entire 800 pg book "Arnolds encyclopedia for modern bodybuilding"

1. I like the way my deltoids are coming along. I do behind the neck barbell press . I can do about 100lbs (probally more) However i also do lateral raises and bent over laterals with dumbells. Here is where i am concerned, it seems i do so much less with the dumbells. Is this common or what? And any suggestions for building up my deltoids also?

2. I like to kill tow birds with one stone. When it comes to biceps my first workout is reverse standing curls to work the brachi also (followed by seated curls and concentrated curls). Is this going to give me good progress with my biceps or should i just do reverse curls as a different exercise? Cause it seems that although my biceps look better each week, they don't feel better.

3. What were you like when you started working out?

4. I am also concerned with my lats. I can do enough to get me into the military but that is not good enought for me. I do not have any machines besides a bench and a thin bar that is about as wide as a door (so i can't do proper wide-grip chin ups). What should i do. I have been doing about 4-6 sets of chin-ups for 6-8 reps. Should i decrease the sets and increase the reps?

5. Oh and what are some good protein drinks and when is should i drink them? I use the GNC whey protein drink and drink it after every workout (4 days a week with 2 hrs a day weightlifting)

and any other tips would be much appreciated.

Mo

The Warrior
1) It's very common to do less weight with the dumbells, if that is what you are asking.

2) Biceps have to be hit two ways to recruit both fast and slow-twitch muscle fibers. Make sure your workout consists of at least 12 sets. Don't stop each set untill you've reached total failure. You can train biceps twice a week if you'd like. The first workout, do no more than 10-12 reps (If you can get more you need to increase the weight). The next workout do between 15-20 reps - you really need to feel the burn doing these, so squeeze and pause at the end of each rep.

3) I was a lot smaller when I started training. Training and eating right for eight consecutive years does wonders. I got sick of drawing comic book heros with all of the muscularity and lines I dreamed of so I did my own thing and started to train. Now I put some comic book heros to shame :)

4) I recommend wide-grip bent over rows. Pullups are the best, just do 16 sets till failure if all you have access to is that pull-up bar. That should hit your lats pretty good. I'd couple those with dumbell bent over rows for another 4 sets. That's your workout. You don't need to increase the weight, just do your weight. If you can increas weight and still get 10-12 pullups each time go for it.

5) You shop at GNC - your nuts! Massnutrition.com my freind - best prices anywhere. Dorian Yates approved propeptide MBF - $37.00 for 5lbs. with shipping. Drink 2-3/day. Plus 3 hight protein meals (50grams/meal). Throw some rice or pasta next to that and you should be allright.

6) You must relize that once you gain muscle you have to EAT to maintain it. If you don't you will return to your normal size again. Monitor your weight weekly and keep track of your meals to see where you went wrong (or right).

Good luck and God bless.

In your opinion MO, what is the best way to get really awesome abs? I used to have some back in the day, but after my coma, I never really think about getting them back until I'm like going to bed, or just wasted a day. How is the best way to fix this in your opinion, just curious?

- C ???

Mo

The Warrior
Abs are mostly diet. If your diet is clean, you will get abs, even without training them at all. Ever see those little kids in the hood, with their shirts off? They got abs, and I guarantee you that the majority of them don't train abs at all.

Your carbs should come from potatos, rice, yams, or grits. Keep them at about 300-400grams/day. Protein should be about 200-300grams/day, and fats should be at about 50grams/day. When you add fats (oils) use polyunsaturated fats like olive oil, or canolla oil. The protein should come from chicken breast, lean steaks, and fish. If you feel like throwing a protein shake or two in there instead of the meals, make sure the protein you buy is low in sugar and fat. I recommend Optimum Nutrition's 100% Pure Whey Protein. You can get a 2lb. container for like $13 at Massnutrition.com The benifit of that is that it's a lot easier than eating all that meat every day, especially if you are on the run. Pre make your shakes a week in advance, bottle them, and keep them on hand. I sometimes throw 8oz. of oatmeal in my shakes if i don't have time to eat rice, potatos, or yams. It's more convenient. Good luck and God bless.

Fish are a bad idea says new research: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&rls=RNWE%2CRNWE%3A2005-05%2CRNWE%3Aen&tab=nn&ie=UTF-8&q=fish+%2Bmercury

Mo

The Warrior
Yea, fresh water fish should be limited to 2 times a week or so - you won't run into any problems like that. Mercury is a real and growing threat.

I used to train abs all the time, I no longer worry about it as much - when my diet is on point so are my abs. :D
bestrelaxed.jpg

Mo

The Warrior
19years old in that picture at the 2003 National Teenage Heavyweight Champion of the World :p okay, okay, not the world just the USA.
ElbasouniMoslem.JPG

I supplimented with Glutamine, Protein, and ate like a mutha! Coupled with 8 years of consistent trianing and the right genetics of course. 8)

What about stretch marks? I am not over weight (i am not skinny either) , and i am not gaining fat however on my biceps (especially my left) i am getting stretch marks. I have been using cocoa butter to help them but they keep getting bigger like my biceps. I don't want to have to stop lifting but they are becoming more noticable. Any help?

P.s. thanks for the tips i will put them to use.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
NeoBerserker said:
What about stretch marks? I am not over weight (i am not skinny either) , and i am not gaining fat however on my biceps (especially my left) i am getting stretch marks. I have been using cocoa butter to help them but they keep getting bigger like my biceps. I don't want to have to stop lifting but they are becoming more noticable. Any help?

P.s. thanks for the tips i will put them to use.
use some Vitamin E oil, you can find it in grocery stores if need be. Thats what I use.

Mo

The Warrior
Vitamin E may help very little only when the scars are starting to appear, otherwise your stretch marks will always be there forever. There is no way around it. If you don't want stretch marks, don't train. Sucks doesn't it.... :-\

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Mo said:
19years old in that picture at the 2003 National Teenage Heavyweight Champion of the World  :p okay, okay, not the world just the USA. 
ElbasouniMoslem.JPG

I supplimented with Glutamine, Protein, and ate like a mutha! Coupled with 8 years of consistent trianing and the right genetics of course.  8)

Have you come to kill us all? Please, take my sister, my gay brother, and my dog! Just leave me out of your crusade! :eek:

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Training is all well and good, but I think you're pushing yourself WAY too hard...I'm with Gyom on this, you should worry about your health while you still can...

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
use some Vitamin E oil, you can find it in grocery stores if need be. Thats what I use.

Cocoa butter has vitamin E in it, that is why i use it.

Mo said:
Vitamin E may help very little only when the scars are starting to appear, otherwise your stretch marks will always be there forever. There is no way around it. If you don't want stretch marks, don't train. Sucks doesn't it.... :-\

Yes it does, it sucks alot, but im not going to stop till they get to noticable.

Oltobaz said:
Training is all well and good, but I think you're pushing yourself WAY too hard...I'm with Gyom on this, you should worry about your health while you still can...

Yeah because training and dieting is sooo unhealthy...

Mo

The Warrior
lol Yea, I guess I'll just give up bodybuilding and take up drinking and partying.  That's the difference between you and me, a champion, and a norm  - I'm a champion, I will keep winning and leave you in the dust watching me in the magazines and on TV, meanwhile you will be shaking your head eating McDonalds and talking about how unhealthy I am....  Why do you automatically assume I'm unhealthy?  My blood pressure is far below the national average, so is my cholesterol.  I have a healthy heart, I actually do blood tests and take supplements to keep my liver and kidneys clean.  When was the last time you checked your creatnine and cholesterol levels?  It's so funny how people think us bodybuilders are so stupid and in reality, we know more about anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, nutrition,and kineseology more than your average doctor.  You just see a page out of your comic come to life and you automatically think that we must do something unreal and stupid to get that way.  Ever try training and eating like a bodybuilder for 8-10 years? 

SEE YA - WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!

Top Bottom