Halo 3

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.switched.com/2007/05/16/halo-3-takes-shot-at-vice-prez/

the dubious sounding 'Cheneymania' achievement ... was an award you could win for employing your shotgun to kill 10 opponents in a row without being killed yourself. This is, of course, a reference to the February 2006 incident in which Cheney accidentally blasted a hunting buddy in the face with his firearm.

When 'Halo 3' players discovered the award dedicated to Dick, online forums lit up on developer Bungie's Web site with a fury of both positive and negative posts -- many disappointed with the Microsoft-owned studio for bringing politics into the game. Then on Monday, the achievement was quietly rechristened 'Open Season.'
Boooooooo (for changing it), boooooo.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
Boooooooo (for changing it), boooooo.

That is lame, for changing it. Now it makes no sense...

...and what is political about mocking a person who shot his friend in the face?!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's better that way. Nothing glorious about wielding a firearm under the influence of alcohol and ending up shooting on a friend. Brings more attention to this sad event than it deserves.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I think it's better that way. Nothing glorious about wielding a firearm under the influence of alcohol and ending up shooting on a friend. Brings more attention to this sad event than it deserves.
Cheney accidentally shot his friend in the face, after which the friend APOLOGIZED to him for the inconveniance the event had caused him. From what I remember, Cheney never formally apologized, likely for political reasons. Oh, and he's our vice-president still. That's worthy of being remembered, I think, even if it's just a parody in a game only 10-15 year olds will play.

And Cheney/Mania is just phonetically funny =)

edit: since I missed some facts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Cheney accidentally shot his friend in the face, after which his dead friend's father APOLOGIZED to him for the inconveniance the event had caused him. From what I remember, Cheney never formally apologized to the family. Oh, and he's our vice-president still. That's worthy of being remembered, I think, even if it's just a parody.

Being remembered surely, being glorified in a FPS and/or made fun of and mocked by teenagers, I'm not convinced. I'm sorry, I don't mean to spoil the mood (and I don't care too much about it) but I do think it's better that way. Ah well, whatever.

CnC

Ad Oculos
They've confirmed 4 player co-op in Halo3. I expect you SK.net-ers with 360s (and halo) to hop on so we can team up :)

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I know the game series isnt really popular on these boards but I still think we should have a thread for those who actually like the game. I plain on picking up my title on midnight of the 25th. For those of you who have xbox live what your gamertag? Wouldnt mind playing Halo with a few SK players.

Proj2501. Sometimes though I have poopy connection. Certain people...coff coff...can't join my room. MAYBE IT'S THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm also gettin it at midnight. *Sigh* Video games.....

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
Proj2501. Sometimes though I have poopy connection. Certain people...coff coff...can't join my room. MAYBE IT'S THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong on _my_ end...

Dunno if I'll have it first day. But I think I'll get it eventually.

oh, and gamertag is now "Dao CnC"

CnC said:
oh, and gamertag is now "Dao CnC"

Ahhhh. No more D-
TS%20Web%20ALOHA%20SIGN%20001.jpg
?

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Wow is it just me and CnC with gamertags? oh well me and CnC will just have to rape Brutes by ourselfs. By the way Im a huge Halo fan since I have never owned a 360 Im getting the special Halo themed one coming out soon. Plus the limited edition head set, both controllers and the missle case and back pack. I know thats a lot of shit but its Halo.

CnC

Ad Oculos
lol... proj told you his... its proj2501

I can't speak for him, but I suck at Halo. I'll tag along for a co-op game, but don't expect me to rock or anything.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Oh yeah........................anyways when I actually get my account activated Ill play with you guys on some 4 player co op. I waiting to activate my account when my 360 is actually released though.

CnC

Ad Oculos
man between this, heavenly sword, and half life 2: orange box (a game you all have to play), my wallet's already hurtin' bad.
:judo: .... :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
man between this, heavenly sword, and half life 2: orange box (a game you all have to play), my wallet's already hurtin' bad.
:judo: .... :serpico:
Why is orange box something we have to play? Let's see... it's got the second HL2 expansion: HL2: Fanfic Chapter 2, a game with a gimmick gun and an update to a capture the flag mod for Quake? GOTTA PLAY IT :troll:

PS: I can't wait either... I'm so whipped by Valve.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Oscar said:
250px-Tv_sesame_street_oscar.jpg
Why is orange box something we have to play? Let's see... it's got the second HL2 expansion: HL2: Fanfic Chapter 2, a game with a gimmick gun and an update to a capture the flag mod for Quake?

GOTTA PLAY IT :troll:

:troll: indeed.

rephrased ( :daiba: ): Let's see... Its got the original half life 2 (one of the best FPS's ever) with updated graphics including HDR rendering, its got Episode 1 (6-8 hours in addition to the 15-20 hour original), Episode 2 (probably another 6-8 hours), a sequel to one of the most addictive multiplayer mods I've ever played, and an interesting puzzle game thrown in for shits and giggles.

Isn't that enough?? You want your computer/xbox to shit gold while playing? Sorry but I think thats enough of a value to buy, and downright mandatory if you haven't played HL2.

Oscar said:
PS: I can't wait either... I'm so whipped by Valve.

GOTTA PLAY IT!

Top Bottom