Heroes (spoilers within)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
chaoscontrol said:
(And it is ridiculous that people haven't died from radiation yet, except his wife but most characters who where in the house in the last ep should show some signs of radiation-sickness.)

My thoughts exactly. It's stuff like this that drags the show down. Like the 5 times Claire had a mortal accident in 3 episodes when she was first introduced. That stuff just doesn't happen, it's ridiculous. I understand they wanted to showcase her power but that was really heavy-handed.

chaoscontrol said:
I think Peter can't control his power and is why everything goes BOOM because of him (in the future that is).

Well Peter got better, but Ted himself already can barely control his power so yeah, I could definitely see Peter struggling with it and eventually losing it. Of course that won't really happen, maybe his short time under the teaching of Claude (the invisible-man) will change things for example.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
I think Hiro's time bending made her die from that blood clot instead.

Nah, if I remember well, while he went back to Japan Sylar still got to her. Ando was there, and she was still murdered and all. In the end Hiro couldn't stop anything, he only gave her love. Besides, in the online comics Sylar is depicted using that ability to learn how to drive a truck.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
NERD! ...i didn't know there were online comics

Yeah... I can't deny I felt like it when I wrote that. :SK: The comics are available on the official site. They're not very long, not really great, but they show what happens off screen and in between episodes, and new characters are often introduced through them first.

Judo

Midlands finest
Yeah, the comics are partially interesting... though calling them "graphic novels" is a little bit vain on NBCs side.

Everytime I watched heroes and saw Ted I thought he looked oddly familiar, but I honestly couldn't think of who he looked like or which actor played him. Then I found the answer in a geico commercial.

Tedsprague.jpg

caveman_1.jpg

I found it interesting that on wikipedia it said he was named Ted after the Unabomber(Ted Kaczynski) though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
no new episodes till april with an end like that? They hate us don't they.
Welcome to modern syndication! Where the caliber of the cocktease is more important than the thrust of the series!

And welcome back Majin :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Majin Tenshi said:
no new episodes till april with an end like that? They hate us don't they.

Has waiting for berserk for months on end taught you no patience?! :guts:

Anyhoo its not that long of a wait. April's going to be a good month.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Patience?  How do you think I deal with the wait between berserk episodes?

Walter said:
Welcome to modern syndication! Where the caliber of the cocktease is more important than the thrust of the series!

And welcome back Majin  :guts:

I'm allways lurking.
2 guesses on how this turns out
[hide]1. Syler opens Peter up, can't figure out his power, puts him back together for later study.
2. Peter remembers he has powers and starts throwing them.... or they play who's faster, Syler's cut or Peter's heal
[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
WOW! what a cliffhanger! [hide]I might be right with my speculation![/hide]

[hide]Well, you were wrong about the Peter-Sylar face-off. :void: Not that it matters though, you probably saw a different "preview" from the one I meant or something.

Anyway, I liked that episode a lot. Of course the French talk was cute, but I liked that this ep put some layers on previously scarcely explored characters, such as Nathan Petrelli. It's good to see he's a good man and one that actually tries to think things out so they turn for the best, even if that fails. I like Adrian Pasdar and I like the character so let's hope we see more of him from now on. His mom being a mastermind is a little farfetched though. Anyway, Bennet fucked up with the chameleon girl. Seriously, I knew from the first second of that scene it was a trap. For a secret agent or whatever he's not very careful. And when will people stop underestimating Sylar? Seriously, it's the typical talk of "HAHA I CAN'T LOSE I'LL EXPLAIN ALL MY PLANS AND THEN LEAVE YOU TO DIE IN THIS LAVA PIT WHILE UNGUARDED." He could have already died several times so far and people always waste opportunities so stupidly. I understand it's a scenaristic obligation but then write it up more credibly damn it.

To come back on what you were saying, I think your speculation makes sense of course (didn't I already say that?) but I'm wondering why he wouldn't heal. Maybe there's a limit to his control over it or something... Like if he doesn't activate the power quickly enough, it won't work. Or he can't use two at once. In any case I hope it'll be something more badass than a surgical skull-removing line...[/hide]

Majin Tenshi said:
2 guesses on how this turns out
[hide]1. Syler opens Peter up, can't figure out his power, puts him back together for later study.
2. Peter remembers he has powers and starts throwing them.... or they play who's faster, Syler's cut or Peter's heal
[/hide]

[hide]I'd go with option 2. I think Peter's going to kick his ass, taking him by surprise. If he starts mimicking every single power Sylar has taken from others, the other will be left clueless. And he's got healing, time stopping/teleporting, flying and mind reading abilities that Sylar lacks too. Super hearing should render the invisibility useless though.[/hide]

[hide]so is Peter just now getting the "scar" future Hiro was talking about? it just occured to me, how could Peter ever have a scar with Claire's ability? unless, Hiro came from a future when Claire was killed and Peter didn't learn her ability.[/hide]

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
[hide]Well, you were wrong about the Peter-Sylar face-off. :void: Not that it matters though, you probably saw a different "preview" from the one I meant or something.[/hide]

[hide] Well, technically the face-off suggested in the preview was to be with Linderman. Not that I'm complaining, as I would love to see the Cylar/Peter showdown.

ps. Chameleon Girl is smokin'! :carcus:[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
[hide]so is Peter just now getting the "scar" future Hiro was talking about? it just occured to me, how could Peter ever have a scar with Claire's ability? unless, Hiro came from a future when Claire was killed and Peter didn't learn her ability.[/hide]

[hide]Well, we're not sure it's going to be that exact one, but that's a possibility. I also wonder about Claire's ability, I talked about it in the post just above yours. Guess we'll have to wait till April to know...[/hide]

CnC said:
[hide]Well, technically the face-off suggested in the preview was to be with Linderman. Not that I'm complaining, as I would love to see the Cylar/Peter showdown.[/hide]

[hide]Yeah but like I said I didn't mean the generic episode preview. It was specifically stated that Peter and Sylar would come face to face. Who cares anyway, now I just want to see their fight, I'm intrigued. :serpico:[/hide]

Do we really need to continue with the hidden text? Next episode isn't for over a month.

Anyways, Peter [hide]most likely will be too suprised to turn on his healing ability, thus leaving him with the scar. Or maybe he'll just choose to leave it for whatever reason.[/hide]

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I'm not going to trudge through all this gray boxes.. but I did have a thought..

[hide]What do you think of this: Peter blows up because he absorbs too many powers from Sylar and can no longer maintain control?[/hide]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
What do you think of this: Peter blows up because he absorbs too many powers from Sylar and can no longer maintain control?

I'm pretty sure it's going to be related to Ted. Exploding just because he's absorbed too many powers seems a bit cheesy to me. But if you meant that he wouldn't be able to control them anymore and lost it over Ted's ability for that reason... Why not. Though, in the end I don't think it's going to happen anyway. They'll prevent it one way or another.

Judo

Midlands finest
Aazealh said:
he's got healing, time stopping/teleporting, flying and mind reading abilities that Sylar lacks too.

weren't there a few hints that sylar also somehow can fly?
like when he escaped after matt shot him... or when he approached dale(he said himself that there weren't any footsteps).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Judo said:
weren't there a few hints that sylar also somehow can fly?
like when he escaped after matt shot him... or when he approached dale(he said himself that there weren't any footsteps).

Yeah but I think he was just using his telekinesis to do it, I'm pretty sure it's very limited compared to Nathan's ability of doing supersonic flights.

CnC said:
ps. Chameleon Girl is smokin'! :carcus:

i liked Eden better. i don't understand why they killed her off. i guess her ability might have been too strong or something.

oh, and i don't really like the Chameleon Girl's morphing FX.

Top Bottom