Movies to dread

Awww man, I hope she doesn't take the job because I don't want to be sitting next to a Twilight loving adolescent crowd. I'm sure they'll gun for a lower PG rating too, which'll completely suck. Plus coming back to Kristen, she's got the same facial expressions in all her movies ... can't act at all. She's good at fiddling with her hair or frowning at most.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Th3Branded0ne said:
If the actress mention in the quotes takes the role, I say Oburi watches the movie.

Poor Oburi. Anyway, speaking of K-Stew, her as Snow White sure looks like a bad idea. Until you watch this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs

HOLY SHIT! :isidro: :magni:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh boy... Back to basics in Hollywood Uninspired Remakes/Adaptations: FABLES, FOLK TALES & MYTHOLOGY. Can't wait for the next decade.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Griffith said:
Poor Oburi. Anyway, speaking of K-Stew, her as Snow White sure looks like a bad idea. Until you watch this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs

HOLY SHIT! :isidro: :magni:
Jesus fucking Christ... it's like they took what made Shrek unfunny and turned it into a live action movie. :schierke:
Every line from the Queen makes me cringe so hard. :farnese:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Chances are I will end up seeing the new twilight movie soon if not today. Not that I want to, but Ill go with my girlfriend. It's the least I can do since I'm the one who makes most of the movie choices. But seriously all these movies look terrible.

UPDATE:
Ayyeeuuup looks like I'm gonna sit through Twilight tonight (taking valuable time away from Skyrim). I guess this is revenge for making her wait in line at Skyrims midnight release.
Ill let you guys know how it is since I know your dying to know. If I don't make it back I love you guys ...

... eh screw you guys.

The Cabin in the Woods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfc12BqFkc

A bit of intrigue but predictable. The trailer gives away waay much, also saves me the hassle of spending money to watch it on the big screen.

I know! But the trailer gives away waaay too much. I would've been interested if they stopped at like ... 1:42. The intrigue aspect of it kinda makes me wanna see it, I'll wait for reviews to come out I guess. Plus, Thor's in it :azan:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
Alternate Die Hard 5 titles:

From Russia With Die Hard
To Live is to Die Hard
Tomorrow Never Dies Hard
The Die Hard Goodbye
The Day the Music Died Hard
The Living Die Hards
Night of the Living Die Hard
Between a Rock and a Die Hard Place
A Die Hard Day's Night
Die, Die, Die Hard My Darling
Never Say Die Hard Again

Don't forget the classics Die Hard Royale and Quantum of Die Hard.

IDK where I read it but someone said: The first was so bad, it can only be better. We all know that's so not true though. It's like saying, "Hey, the first one was bullshit, but this new installment is shit from straight from the ass of last year's Kentucky Derby winner!"

Yes, there's def. some potential for his material. Sadly, we live in the Age of Suck.

Aazealh said:
Anyway there are indeed many good French movies you should probably be aware of, but I honestly don't have the time to write you a guide at the moment. I'm sure you can find something comprehensive on the Internet.
I recently watched Mesrine Part 1 and Le Samourai. What do you think of those?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IncantatioN said:
I recently watched Mesrine Part 1 and Le Samourai. What do you think of those?

Le Samourai is a classic; Mesrine is alright (more interesting for you than for me because you don't know how it went down back in the day, as it's based on a true story).

When I saw Mesrine, I didn't know it was based on a real story. I got to know as I was looking for the 2nd Part of the movie, I haven't watched it yet. I know you've mentioned there's a lot that can be listed but rather than have a list of 40/50 names, if you can spare 3 or 5, it would be appreciated. They don't have to be your top movies of all time, just something you watched recently that was good. Thanks in advance!

H

hellrasinbrasin

NightCrawler said:
Expendables 2 is gonna be PG-13 because of Chuck Norris. Can't wait to see this train wreck.

I'm sure he'll have a Total Gym product placement somewhere in the film.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
To be fair, I think a lot of the R-rated action movie classics I love would probably get a PG-13 if they were put out today. Not to say I believe Ex2 will be at all good in any way, but if light-hearted and over the top at the right times it could have potential. But my bitter disappoint with the first one taught me a grim lesson about potential and expectations.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeaaaahhh... I didn't even see the first one, and I definitely won't see this either. Ratings are overrated, if you'll pardon me the pun. The movie could be good in PG-13 and it could be bad in R. In the end it'll just be bad, whether it's rated R, PG-13 or NC-17.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Well, if you're going to do an ensemble movie with 80's action stars, there's got to be cursing, violence and boobs. If not, what's the appeal? It's not like people are expecting a good story. Why are they catering for the younger crowd who know shit about who these guys are?
Anyway, i don't care about this movie at all, didn't see the first one, but this rating is just a pussy move.

I'll watch it with no expectations. This movie's like Devourment, it's just going to be over the top and slammy. The first one was underwhelming, I expected it to be like Rambo ('08) but the action/ gore lacked.

Top Bottom