Movies to look forward to

Oburi

All praise Grail
Rhombaad said:
For shame, Oburi. :azan:

I dont know if anyone is up for discussing it again but I didn't know enough but the film to jump in before but why all the hate for Avatar? Looks pretty damn cool to me.

Oburi said:
I dont know if anyone is up for discussing it again but I didn't know enough but the film to jump in before but why all the hate for Avatar? Looks pretty damn cool to me.
I'm not expecting much, but I'll see it, just for the novelty of it, really.

Oburi

All praise Grail
The Perineum Falcon said:
I'm not expecting much, but I'll see it, just for the novelty of it, really.

Well I for one can't say I have ever hated a James Cameron movie (not speaking about the man himself). His movies are usually a cinimatic experience and worth seeing at least once.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Oburi said:
Well I for one can't say I have ever hated a James Cameron movie (not speaking about the man himself). His movies are usually a cinimatic experience and worth seeing at least once.

Agreed. Cameron has a special place in my heart ever since Aliens.

X

Xem

I've been recently told by a friend, who specifically loves Horror films, that Trick 'r Treat is the best Horror movie since Event Horizon. So that's near the top of my list at the moment.

trick_r_treat%5B1%5D.jpg

I remember seeing the trailer a long time ago and I guess it wasn't going to be released until now. Interesting!

If I had money I'd go see Zombieland and Discrict 9 also, but that probably won't happen anytime soon. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
I've been recently told by a friend, who specifically loves Horror films, that Trick 'r Treat is the best Horror movie since Event Horizon. So that's near the top of my list at the moment.

I never understood why people like Event Horizon so much. It's Paul W.S. Anderson's best movie (thinking about it though, Mortal Kombat is a contender), sure, but it's still just mediocre as far as I'm concerned. Remove Sam Neill and there's nothing left.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I've also heard Trick 'r Treat is supposed to be pretty damn good. I'll try to get my hands on a copy before Halloween rolls around.

New trailer for Toy Story 3 is up :badbone:

http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/2009/10/09/toy-story-3-trailer-2/
http://cinemablend.com/new/Full-Toy-Story-3-Trailer-Online-Now-15148.html

Aazealh said:
I never understood why people like Event Horizon so much.
I'm with you on that. That movie just never did it for me. And that was BEFORE that fuckface destroyed AVP.

Just came home from Zombieland. It was mindless fun for sure. But the fun is there to be had. Woody Harrelson made me chuckle pretty hard. :guts:

X

Xem

Proj2501 said:
I'm with you on that. That movie just never did it for me. And that was BEFORE that fuckface destroyed AVP.

Just came home from Zombieland. It was mindless fun for sure. But the fun is there to be had. Woody Harrelson made me chuckle pretty hard. :guts:

<- Victim of Zomblieland finally. I dunno, I'm a sucker for zombie flicks, but I loved it. If there wasn't any romantic comedy involved it would've been brilliant, but sadly it's hard to find a comedy nowadays without that. Regardless, Woody Harrelson's roll was pretty awesome.

Anyways, Perpetuo, lemme know what you think of Trick R' Treat. That's next on my list.

Deci said:
Anyways, Perpetuo, lemme know what you think of Trick R' Treat. That's next on my list.

Well, the movie didn't scare me at all, but I thought it was freaking fantastic. I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time. It even managed to surprise me (which, in this age where you can accurately guess a plot's outcome within the first few minutes of the film, says a lot). I definitely would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Keep in mind I'm no film snob though. :serpico:

I didn't know which thread to put this in. But this shit made me laugh in a half excited kind of way.

The Expendables: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59996

This film is going to be pure testosterone and if this film was a man, it'd be a meat head.
This might blow True Lies out of the water as far as action films go.

...It'll probably be better than Predators too...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I didn't know which thread to put this in. But this shit made me laugh in a half excited kind of way.

Awesome.

Proj2501 said:

Probably? Just from the cast you can already tell it will.

Proj2501 said:
This film is going to be pure testosterone and if this film was a man, it'd be a meat head.
This will be the greatest movie of all time or at least of this century.
Great cast. Cameos from Willis and Schwarzenegger. Guns. Explosions.
All it's missing is van Damme and Seagal. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I think including them was an intentional omission. They're not on the same level :daiba:

Actually Stallone originally asked Van Damme, but he refused. Said that's not what he was after these days.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Proj2501 said:

Omg, it looks more like Street Fighter 2: The Demise of English.

Stallone better figure out how to use those 3 seashells pretty soon. Otherwise he’ll have this shitty flick on his hands.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Omg, it looks more like Street Fighter 2: The Demise of English.

Stallone better figure out how to use those 3 seashells pretty soon. Otherwise he’ll have this shitty flick on his hands.
Your opinion sucks, but that reference was gold.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
Hey, i want this movie to be fun too, but the trailer makes it look really mediocre.
It looks like a generic action flick, which is exactly what I thought (read: hoped) it would be.

Actually Stallone originally asked Van Damme, but he refused. Said that's not what he was after these days.

He also asked Kurt Russel who declined because he felt that it wasn't the right time in his career to do a movie with an ensemble cast...

Someone tell me, and what is Kurt Russel up to these days where this isn't the right time for him :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
dwarfkicker said:
He also asked Kurt Russel who declined because he felt that it wasn't the right time in his career to do a movie with an ensemble cast...

Someone tell me, and what is Kurt Russel up to these days where this isn't the right time for him :schierke:

lol no shit right? He was in Death Proof which was like Tarantinos worst film to date.

Top Bottom