Nintendo DS

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
I gave draw attacks to Fu So Ya :judo: :ganishka:
Speaking of which. They sure did nerf the hell out of him. I remember when he used to be the better caster of both white and black magic... now he is kind of a waste of space. :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Speaking of which. They sure did nerf the hell out of him. I remember when he used to be the better caster of both white and black magic... now he is kind of a waste of space. :azan:
Yeah he really was. He was great for Bless though, to constantly replenish my MP. But .... yeah that's about it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Was nice knowing you. :ganishka:
Well I have started on my new ambitious project...This will take quite some time (Unless I find an easy way to level up in a retarded fast way without using gamefaqs or anything like that). Maybe I will make a progression thread if I can make it entertaining enough. Wish me luck! :chomp:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Wow it's been a long time but I actually bought two new games! I picked up Bangaioh and Ninja Gaiden at best Buy for 4 bucks each at Best Buy. They actually had some really good games for 70% percent off.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Wow it's been a long time but I actually bought two new games! I picked up Bangaioh and Ninja Gaiden at best Buy for 4 bucks each at Best Buy. They actually had some really good games for 70% percent off.
Gdamn, $4?! Ill have to go check out my BB tomorrow. Great finds!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
Gdamn, $4?! Ill have to go check out my BB tomorrow. Great finds!

Yeah they had games for all systems 70% percent off. I was about to buy No More Heroes for Wii even though I don't have one haha. My favorite find was that I got Yakuza 2 for 9 bucks.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
The only complaint I have about the DS is that you are stuck playing certain games, like Phantom Hourglass, with the stylus, without having the choice of using normal controls. This is a huge turn off and is killing any interest I have in future Zelda releases on the DS. I understand the innovation of the stylus but I find no enjoyment out of using it for that style of game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
The only complaint I have about the DS is that you are stuck playing certain games, like Phantom Hourglass, with the stylus, without having the choice of using normal controls. This is a huge turn off and is killing any interest I have in future Zelda releases on the DS. I understand the innovation of the stylus but I find no enjoyment out of using it for that style of game.
Don't knock it until you've tried it. The stylus works for that game.

But PH is one of the exceptions to the rule. I'd say most games of that nature give players a choice. FF4 for DS for example, lets you do either.

Anyway, Zelda: PH wasn't even that great. Certainly not anything worth bashing the entire handheld over.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Walter said:
Don't knock it until you've tried it. The stylus works for that game.

But PH is one of the exceptions to the rule. I'd say most games of that nature give players a choice. FF4 for DS for example, lets you do either.

Anyway, Zelda: PH wasn't even that great. Certainly not anything worth bashing the entire handheld over.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the DS, I just wish Nintendo wouldn't make it a "take it or leave it" issue. I doubt I'm the only person who doesn't care much for the stylus. Using it for party type games makes plenty of sense though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
Don't get me wrong, I love playing the DS, I just wish Nintendo wouldn't make it a "take it or leave it" issue.

I wouldn't say that they are. They just made that particular game around the feature after deciding that it would suit it nicely, and since the whole game's designed around it, classic controls weren't an option. I'm not a big fan of the stylus myself but I don't think you can blame them for using the features they gave their console.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
After doing some research:
Game Boy 1989
Game Boy Pocket 1996
Game Boy Color 1998
Game Boy Advance 2001
Game Boy SP 2003
Nintendo DS 2004
Nintendo DS Lite 2006
Nintendo DSi 2008
Don't you think it's about time we ... at least heard about the next Nintendo handheld? The career of the GBC was 3 years, the GBA was 3 years but the DS has been around since 2004 -- 5 years ago, with no end in sight.

Don't get me wrong. I love my DS. It's an amazing handheld. But come on. I want a glimpse of what's to come! :daiba:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Accoding to the internet, they say early 2010 we should hear something. :griffnotevil:

EDIT: And what ever this new system is, it better be compatable with my R4 Revolution! :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
EDIT: And what ever this new system is, it better be compatable with my R4 Revolution! :troll:
Somehow, I doubt that will be the case: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2009/091005.html

Now, an "R5" ...

SaiyajinNoOuji

haha fair enough! Well what classic NES/SNES/Gamecube games have not been remade yet (or enough) that we could see on this new hand held system?

How about Double Dragon? i think the last one was for the SNES which was a great game in my opionion.
River City Ransom?
Kid Icaraus?
Wanders from Y's?
Smash Brothers?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a 2D Metroid on the DS but that probably won't happen. Also a 2D Metal Gear game would be great, I'm sick of the 3D games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Don't you think it's about time we ... at least heard about the next Nintendo handheld? The career of the GBC was 3 years, the GBA was 3 years but the DS has been around since 2004 -- 5 years ago, with no end in sight.

Don't get me wrong. I love my DS. It's an amazing handheld. But come on. I want a glimpse of what's to come! :daiba:

The GBC and GBA had very short lifespans though. I know that's how it felt to me at the time. And look at sales numbers, the NDS is still topping everything else all over the world. They have no reason to stop right now. Not that I woud mind a super cool new system, but I'm not expecting one before 2011 or 2012.

handsome rakshas said:
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a 2D Metroid on the DS but that probably won't happen.

Never say never! If we keep wishing for it reaaaally hard, maybe it will happen one day. :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know enough about the capabilities of the Tegra chip to comment any more than that I'm intrigued there's another hint at a next-gen DS. :daiba:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
I don't know enough about the capabilities of the Tegra chip to comment any more than that I'm intrigued there's another hint at a next-gen DS. :daiba:
Doing a quick search on it, it looks like a HUGE difference.

The DS used ARM9 and ARM7 processors which from wiki (I know I know) state that they perform at 50mhz (ARM7) and 200mhz (ARM9) where as ARM11 operates at 600Mhz which is Tegra. Also Tegra can support the following.

Processor: ARM11 600 MHz MPCore (originally Geforce ULV)
suffix: APX (formerly CSX)
Memory: NAND flash, Mobile DDR or NOR
Graphics: Image Processor (FWVGA 864×480 pixels)
Up to 12 Mpixel camera support
LCD controller supports resolutions up to 1280×1050
Storage: IDE for SSD
Video Codecs: Up to 720p H.264 & VC-1 Decoding
Includes GeForce ULV support for OpenGL ES 2.0, Direct3D Mobile, and programmable shaders
Output: HDMI, VGA, composite, S-Video, Stereo Jack, USB
USB On-The-Go

That's a pretty big change! Mmmmm sweet sweet technology.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
LCD controller supports resolutions up to 1280×1050
Higher than the Wii :ganishka:

Updated info:
http://kotaku.com/5381257/nvidia-chip-to-power-new-nintendo-ds

Apparently this new DS will be announced later next year.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
Higher than the Wii :ganishka:

Updated info:
http://kotaku.com/5381257/nvidia-chip-to-power-new-nintendo-ds

Apparently this new DS will be announced later next year.
If it's fully compatible with the DS titels AND GBA titles... I will sell both my DS's! :beast:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
If it's fully compatible with the DS titels AND GBA titles... I will sell both my DS's! :beast:
I think the GBA games are out of the question since they were nixed in the DSi. :sad:

Top Bottom