Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith No More! said:
It just seems like a weird comment, I mean, it'll make up for the cost of production whenever it sells a million copies. Just a funny way of saying a million copies is what it'll take to break even, whether that be in 10 minutes or 10 weeks.

Yeah, I was too lazy to point it out, but it doesn't make sense, except if the guy's implying a million on the first day and then a proportional success afterwards, seeing how such games aren't usually long sellers and make a good part of their sales on the launch.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Metal Gear Saga 20th Anniversary translated...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/153306.html

Pretty good stuff, but nothing terribly new. Wish I could download it, though...

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Thanks for the link.
I hate to say this, but why do they allways include scenes from mgs and not mgs twin snakes? I wonder if flashbacks in mgs4 will be from twin snakes or the original.... if there will be flashbacks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
theblackswordman said:
I hate to say this, but why do they allways include scenes from mgs and not mgs twin snakes?

Is Twin Snakes even considered canon? I'm not sure Kojima supervised Silicon Knights when they made it. And it's so over the top...

berserker88

The Raging Demon
theblackswordman said:
Thanks for the link.
I hate to say this, but why do they allways include scenes from mgs and not mgs twin snakes? I wonder if flashbacks in mgs4 will be from twin snakes or the original.... if there will be flashbacks.

Why? Sure it had better graphics but the cinematics were so over the top and pointless it just takes away from the original MGS on how amazing it was, use the original.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Aazealh said:
Is Twin Snakes even considered canon? I'm not sure Kojima supervised Silicon Knights when they made it. And it's so over the top...

If Im sure, it was a remake, but with some cooler scenes they couldnt make before, and there were some scenes which were ment to be in the original like Snake vs Ninja (operation intrude anyone?).
And I think that the new one is as cool, in fact I think its better (please dont kill me), ofcourse some says that some scenes were pretty much exaggerated, but remember, that Solid Snake has the best acrobatic and fighting skills. Hes the man that makes the impossible possible.

And there were some scenes that werent cool or great at all, for instance remember Snakes first encounter with Sniper wolf and the guards in the original; Snake easyli surrender without even resist.
In twin snakes he takes them all three, which is the least a legendary hero like Snake could do.
And I believe that if they had enough time and resources theyd do that scene at that time too.

One of the most extreme scenes in ts was when Snake jumped over and stepd one the missile that Liquid from the hind fired at Snake, But still I think it was acceptable/good.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
Over the top? yes. I tried looking for an old link I had with Kojima's reaction towards "Twin Snake" apparently, doesnt exist anymore :judo: Anywho, Kojima had nothing to do with the direction of this remake, but nor he was against it. Funny thing was that there were rumors about Silicon Knights re-making the 1st Metal Gear, when asked Kojima pretty much slammed the rumor to the ground.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
theblackswordman said:
If I'm sure, it was a remake, but with some cooler scenes they couldn't make before, and there were some scenes which were meant to be in the original like Snake vs Ninja (operation intrude anyone?).
And I think that the new one is as cool, in fact I think its better (please dint kill me), of course some says that some scenes were pretty much exaggerated, but remember, that Solid Snake has the best acrobatic and fighting skills. Hes the man that makes the impossible possible.

And there were some scenes that weren't cool or great at all, for instance remember Snakes first encounter with Sniper wolf and the guards in the original; Snake easily surrender without even resist.
In twin snakes he takes them all three, which is the least a legendary hero like Snake could do.
And I believe that if they had enough time and resources they'd do that scene at that time too.

One of the most extreme scenes in ts was when Snake jumped over and stepped one the missile that Liquid from the hind fired at Snake, But still I think it was acceptable/good.

I don't think being a legendary hero implies that he has the acrobatics of a Olympic gold medalists, I mean come on he back flips of a missile and proceeds to take out a hind d with a rocket shot mid air. :SK: .......................Plus the voice acting for who the characters that were replaced sucked horribly in comparison to the original, and on top of that when they implemented the features from Sons of Liberty into Twin Snakes, it made a easy game that much easier and not worth playing...........Twin Snakes sucked ass.

Now you wanna see a good PS remake for the gamecube look no further than Resident Evil.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Like I said they made scenes they couldnt make before with the help og Ryuhei Kitamura I think. Have you heard of Ghost Babel? Operation intrude?
Ghost babel was an alternate story to Shadow Moses, I know that.

Just to make things clear, Metal Gear Solid 1 is my favorite action game, on psx, gamecube, and even if they did reremake of the game I will still love it.
Twin Snakes was easier, basically because of the fps shooting, but the gameplay was much more realistic. In the original if you were just spotted by a guard, the whole place would be on alert in less of 0,5 seconds. Twin snakes on the other hand they would take their radio and call for backup first. It pissed me off when they didnt incude any vr training. The voicacting was a bit crap in twin snakes, but I dont care about that, as I like japanese voicing more, so it was a dissapointment that they didnt have japanese voicing in the japanese version of the game.
I dont care that the game is easier as I allways play the game in extreme mode and switch off the radar

However Kojima wasnt the director, but he was supervising it, and he was the producer I think.
Read this http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/ngc/previews/metal-gear-solid--the-twin-snakes-a4ea84.html

berserker88

The Raging Demon
theblackswordman said:
Like I said they made scenes they couldnt make before with the help og Ryuhei Kitamura I think. Have you heard of Ghost Babel? Operation intrude?
Ghost babel was an alternate story to Shadow Moses, I know that.

Just to make things clear, Metal Gear Solid 1 is my favorite action game, on psx, gamecube, and even if they did reremake of the game I will still love it.
Twin Snakes was easier, basically because of the fps shooting, but the gameplay was much more realistic. In the original if you were just spotted by a guard, the whole place would be on alert in less of 0,5 seconds. Twin snakes on the other hand they would take their radio and call for backup first. It pissed me off when they didnt incude any vr training. The voicacting was a bit crap in twin snakes, but I dont care about that, as I like japanese voicing more, so it was a dissapointment that they didnt have japanese voicing in the japanese version of the game.
I dont care that the game is easier as I allways play the game in extreme mode and switch off the radar

However Kojima wasnt the director, but he was supervising it, and he was the producer I think.
Read this http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/ngc/previews/metal-gear-solid--the-twin-snakes-a4ea84.html

Ghost Babel had nothing to do with Shadow Moses.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Omega Tom Hanks said:
Ghost Babel had nothing to do with Shadow Moses.

I think he means that it happens in a sort of "alternate universe" deal, since it isn't part of the continuity. It's a pretty cool game, in any case.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I have to admit, when I saw Twin Snake I was all out for it... But frankly, it just felt as if a whole bunch of college kids decided to implement heavy doses of Matrix fighting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game very much but it just wasn't the kind of direction I was hoping for. Some additions were just that. As for the AI per say... all was done was emulate or copy the same engine that was used on MGS2. None the less, I can see why the footage was taken from the original rather then this re-make. But that's just me.

I do however have a question, has the mystery of the young looking snake in one of the MGS4 trailers been clarified or hinted? That's one factor that keeps bugging me of all the trailers.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I didn't get past Raven in Twin Snakes because I just couldn't stand it any longer (and I think he looked absolutely horrible if I remember). It was a neat idea re-recording everything, but I probably would have enjoyed it more if they hadn't, and yeah, Metal Gear: Post-Matrix Edition! No thanks. Rather than an upgrade, it was more like everything bad about MGS2 applied to MGS1.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Well, thats just subjective.

Snakes was hardcore in twin snakes, but I enjoyed the game as well as the original. I dont like one more that the other, but I prefer good graphics.

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Aazealh said:
I think he means that it happens in a sort of "alternate universe" deal, since it isn't part of the continuity. It's a pretty cool game, in any case.

I know I got it, one of my fav games for the Color.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith No More! said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GibpOKNAqis

MGS4 handcam gameplay video from CES.
Good find Griff! The one thing that bothered me was when the soldier was attempting to point out snakes location, it's the exact same voice and speech used in MGS Portable Ops... I know, I know. Not a big deal, but meh... I have a thing for recycled audio waves. :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
For those that don't have the previous games yet, Konami just confirmed the release of Metal Gear Solid: Special Edition for the PS2. It'll include all 3 MGS games in a special box, and should come out stateside in March for $29.99.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
For those that don't have the previous games yet, Konami just confirmed the release of Metal Gear Solid: Special Edition for the PS2. It'll include all 3 MGS games in a special box, and should come out stateside in March for $29.99.

That seems like a pretty good deal. I might just pick that up.

Top Bottom