Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I own Twin Snakes and the regular MGS2 and MGS3.. but for $30..

Unless the Subsistence and Substance are 100% not worth owning. Still, I just recently completed them all over again, and cannot be arsed to fork out more money just to play them again. Also, has it been confirmed if they have the ugly ass "GREATEST HITS" shit all over their covers?

Uriel

Yeah, we all knew the rumour was pretty much true.

Still, I can now say I am glad I don't own a PS3 yet, because of this:

mgs4ps3bundlesl6.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I've held out long enough but now I'm pretty sure I've come to a decision. I'm going to buy A Sega Saturn. JK, I hope that this comes with the LE version of the game, Because I have a feeling theres going to be at least three versions.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oh yeah, check out my custom edition:

mgs4ps3.jpg

MGS4 WOW! :isidro:

Here's how you get one, buy or borrow a used PS3, repeat for MGS4, and do the above, then you'll have the exact same thing without missing any car payments. To quote many a broken neck guard, "It's just a box." I know they're probably going to subtract the cost of the game, but I still don't see what's so exciting about paying for a $400-500 copy of MGS4.

Uriel

Wait, I see 60gb in the bottom left hand corner...

Griff, this isn't like you at all, but I have to ask... is that image a shoop?

Griffith

Shit-poop?

And yes, it definitely is (a shop, not shit-poop, well, maybe it's that too, but that's subjective). I'm Hollywood baby, I don't just print a piece of paper out and tape it to a box... I CGI that bitch. :badbone:

Uriel

I think Griff needs to look up "shoop"...

Anyway, thanks to Aaz, I know what my homepage is going to be for the next 2340 hours, three minutes and 50 seconds.

.. 49 seconds. 48. 47....

Uriel

Aazealh said:
Personally, I think people need to stop using retarded 4chan lingo...

Ugh, it's from 4chan?

Damn, I feel all grimy now. Cheers for cluing me in, Aaz.

Aazealh said:
Since you guys just CAN'T WAIT for the game, check out the new teaser site they put out, it's got a timer that tells you how many seconds are left before the game comes out.

C'mon. You know your secretly super siked.

I am. :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Am I a bad person for wanting this game to crash and burn into the ground for all the waisted time spent playing this shitty series [MGS 2/3 not 1]?

Also I can sum up this game, shit happens and at the end Ocelot calls up someone telling them how no one suspected it's really the ______ all this time.

EDIT: Oh there's 110% more poop jokes.

Griffith

Yes, I can not abide this MGS bashing, especially the delightfully fun 3, though 2 is my super secret painful pretentious favorite. :carcus:

That said, my excitement for this one went right in the shitter after the last trailer, and the following hype did nothing to sway me.

You guys proably won't be buying the box set of MGS4/PS3, I bet down the road, you'll end up getting it. Better yet, if your cheap like myself, you'll just borrow it from a friend. I can proably even say that most of you who do play it, will come out liking Raiden himself. MGS3 was a lot of fun, I don't think they can do a lot to mess that up in the 4th MG.

Griffith

Are you speaking in broken English like a Gypsy fortune teller deciphering elusive and mysterious messages from the beyond? "Proably" no doubt suggests some sort of foreign, old world accent:

Gypsy_fortune_teller.jpg

"I see... you guys proably won't be buying the box set of MGS4/PS3... I bet down the road... when the pieces are right... you'll end up getting... NO! Better yet, if your cheap you'll just borrow it from a friend... yes, the spirits tell me many things... I can proably even say most of you who do play it, will come out liking Raiden himself! I see MGS3 was a lot of fun, I don't think they can do a lot to mess that up in the 4th MG... that is destiny."

Anyway, deep and fascinating prophecies these are, but I already liked Raiden for what he was, and am actually concerned that they're overcompensating for him now. This whole, "LOOK GUYS, HE'S A SUPER BADASS, I BET YOU LIKE HIM NOW!" thing is patronizingly obvious and lame.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Gamestop/EB Games just started taking preorders for their collectors edition which includes

- Collectable Metal Box/Case
- BluRay DVD containing 2 Making of Documentaries, plus an interview with Hideo Kojima, plus 4 chapters of the MGS Graphic Novel
- Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD
- Limited MGS4 Art Book
- Retail $84.99

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Am I a bad person for wanting this game to crash and burn into the ground for all the waisted time spent playing this shitty series [MGS 2/3 not 1]?

Also I can sum up this game, shit happens and at the end Ocelot calls up someone telling them how no one suspected it's really the ______ all this time.

EDIT: Oh there's 110% more poop jokes.
No, I have to agree. Metal Gear Solid 1 was great...but the sequels just had some lame stories (and characters) in my opinion. You can't replace the Gray Fox with New Improved Cyborg Ninja 2.0 and expect people to be happy with where you're going with the series. The story for MGS1 just was so much better....it had everything, from Snake having to fight his own brother (yeah I know they're clones but still) to the death, having to fight and old friend who he murdered in battle years ago a second time, the whole thing with Meryl and not being able to protect her, and of course Revolver Ocelot before he became a split personality freak with a Liquid Snake voice changer installed in his throat. So yeah, not happy with the sequels....whatever happened with Hideo Kojima's statement of not doing any more? I guess $ony got to him....

Top Bottom