Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
shadar logoth said:
i won't really be pissed about the cut scenes as long as their entertaining because some of the long ass cut scenes in 2 where very boring they had a lot of info as far as the plot goes but they where boring none the less.

And it looks like it's going to be completely different in 4. Not. Sorry guys, you can expect 10 hours' worth of cinematics of this and this.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
So, I walked into Walmart today and came home with this:

metalgear4thewinrp4.jpg

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Haha, awesome Uriel! I actually took a couple vacation days this weekend so I could play the game. Okay I'll be honest with everybody, I took a couple of sick days. Meaning I plan on calling in sick.

Uriel

Nothing prepared me for how good this game would look...

Not a spoiler, really, but I'll block it out. Basically,
just like in MGS3, whatever your cammo picks up during gameplay will be set during cutscenes
. I had wood most of the time =P All in all, I'm very impressed. Drebin isn't half as annoying as you'd think, neither is the monkey. Sunny has very limited time in the grand scheme of things. That's all I'll say for now. My HDMI cable comes tomorrow, so I'll be able to play this game and fully enjoy the experience.

Not tried MGO, yet... doubt anyone would be on there, save Kojima...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Uriel said:
Nothing prepared me for how good this game would look...

I don't want spoilers, but I must ask... storywise, is it looking good? Or should I brace myself for the worst?

PS. Plz tell me this isn't you :troll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRlHal2VAYE

Uriel

No, that isn't me.

And yes, storywise, things are going well. A couple of things have been cleared up already, but more questions have been piled on top. All very hum-drum, of course.

I haven't had time to check out MGO yet, because, well... nobody would be playing it =P

Wow man. Walmart broke street date, I'm so jealous. 2 more day for the rest of us!!!!
How's the music? I was surprised to learn some track is composed by Ennio Morricone. (Which is fuckin awesome IMO)

Uriel

The soundtrack is absolutely stellar.

Just the music at the Start screen sends shivers down the olde spine. I wouldn't recommend buying/downloading it before finishing the game though. Apparently there are spoilers aplenty in there?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far, Uriel.  I'm trying to finish Snake Eater this week before I get my copy of MGS4.

Ordered my MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle this morning and it went through should be here by the latest on Monday, can't wait.

Uriel

Finished it around midnight.

Without giving too much away, I'm very satisfied with how things turned out. I think those picking it up will be too.

Yeah, its was a pretty great game. Wrapped up a lot of stuff. A lot of it was pretty overwelming. Not trying to shoot spoilers out, but the game has a lot moments I will remember for sometime to come. I think I'm going to start playing the online game now.

Yea, I havn't finished the game yet but so far I am loving it by far one of the best Metal Gears if not the best.

I'll be happy to game with you guys on metal gear online as well, I had a lot of fun on the one for snake eater before they shut it down.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Heh, only on act 2 and allready loving it. Taking my sweet ass time with this one. I will mention that the MKII was a big plus as far as gameplay.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Double post YAY! :SK:

Already on act 3 and well...I can't explain the level of relief I feel about this game. Too long it's been since I really have gotten into a game... In fact, last I recall it was Metal Gear Solid itself. A roller coaster of emotions for those who have followed this storyline through it's begining. All waves of nostalgia are complemented the more and more I keep on further this game. And I won't lie... though I am assuming I'm either half or more than half way in it, I'm starting not to want to see the ending of this game. Granted it's no spoiler. The game itself is tagged as "Solid Snake final mission", though I still don't know in what way this could mean... But every cutscene it's just saturated by with big discoveries. Some can be somewhat a little too farfetched, but with a good excuse to implement it. This game links up MGS 1,2,3 and Portable Ops. in a very strong way. No surprise there, but some of us here have been keeping our "guards up" in case this one would be a flaw. Well, for yours truly it hasn't been. If you have any ways of playing this game. I strongly suggest you do so. This is as best as I can describe my review without spoiling it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
For those that have beaten the game, what was your playtime? Im wondering if I can't just go to my friend's house and beat it during an all-nighter.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Nomad said:
The game itself is short. 11 hours on the final act now.

Yeah, but I bet that at least doubles if you count sitting through the cutscenes. =)

Top Bottom