Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

CnC

Ad Oculos
SlimJ87D said:
Yeah, FLCL seemed like they were smoking weed while they were making it, seriously.

Have you ever even smoked weed? The last thing you'd want to do is start being productive. :???:

And I haven't played MGS3 ( I want to, but its behind a couple other games on my to-get list), but MGS2's ending was annoying. It got "philosophical" because (IMO) they had absolutely no clue how to end it. The level of writing was sub-par, in that it was more along the lines of Katamari Damacy rather than Miura :miura:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
creating plots and stories. Berserk and Metal Gear Solid actually have meaning to them, and are well constructed compared to crap like FLCL.
"Did you say NERD?"

"No, Raiden... NODE."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
Metal Gear Solid did have meaning to it

Nobody said the contrary, but having meaning isn't enough to be compared to Berserk.

SlimJ87D said:
didn't you get the philosophy it has? It'full of it.

Come on, dont make me laugh. I love the Metal Gear series, my avatar is a Snake Eater reference, but it's still not on the same level. Philosophy? :schierke:

"Memories are fragile things. After you reduce them to binary numbers and send them through the air, they're not memories anymore..."

Yeah, that's so deep man. The kind of philosophy you'd hear in a bar late at night or early in the morning.

I like Aliens but I wouldn't compare it to A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, same thing here. :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I like Aliens but I wouldn't compare it to A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, same thing here. :badbone:

Wow, underlined and everything. SOMEONE was paying attention in writing class... :troll:

alien_vs.jpg

Sneaking Photoshop while at work. mmmm, good​

My money's on Hemingway, tough bastard with alcohol for blood

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Awesome pic CnC!
I never played MGS 3 all the way through either. I just played THE END boss battle and it was awesome. As soon I heard about the substinence edition of Metal Gear 3 I decided to hold off. I can't wait for it ! If you are gonna buy Metal Gear 3 wait for the edition with the bonus junk. MORE SNAKE VS.MONKEY!

SlimJ87D

Apollo
CnC said:
Have you ever even smoked weed?  The last thing you'd want to do is start being productive.   :???:

And I haven't played MGS3 ( I want to, but its behind a couple other games on my to-get list), but MGS2's ending was annoying.  It got "philosophical" because (IMO) they had absolutely no clue how to end it.  The level of writing was sub-par, in that it was more along the lines of Katamari Damacy rather than Miura  :miura:

You have to play Metal Gear Solid 3, it'll explain everything.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wasn't Flaccid Snake living inside Octogon's hand, you know, like a sock puppet? =)

Anyway, Pseudo-philosophy is a GREAT substitute for actual storytelling (those Matrix sequels, for example). Same thing with artificially complicated plots full of contrived twists. It sets the imagination on fire... that is to say, burns it to the ground.

P.S. CnC, you rock my World.

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Anyway, Pseudo-philosophy is a GREAT substitute for actual storytelling (those Matrix sequels, for example). Same thing with artificially complicated plots full of contrived twists. It sets the imagination on fire... that is to say, burns it to the ground.

Exactly.

"Griffith No More!" said:
P.S. CnC, you rock my World.

Werd.

SlimJ87D said:
You have to play Metal Gear Solid 3, it'll explain everything.

I'll move it up on my to-get list right below Katamari Demacy.. I just HAVE to know how it ends. I hope it doesn't pull a cheapie and go all philosophical

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
"MGS is no Berserk." :miura:

But anyway, about those pictures... the only explanation I can offer is that Solid's genetic clock has sped up for some crazy reason. Maybe he'll peak when his body-clock reaches the age of when Big Boss was cloned.. late 50's I believe. Until then, let's ponder this:

dosc3d.jpg
:badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I'll move it up on my to-get list right below Katamari Demacy.. I just HAVE to know how it ends. I hope it doesn't pull a cheapie and go all philosophical

Snake Eater is pretty good, move it ahead of Katamari Damacy. It doesn't take long to finish either.

Uriel said:
"MGS is no Berserk."

Hehe, so I wasn't the only one to be reminded of this. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Snake Eater is pretty good, move it ahead of Katamari Damacy. It doesn't take long to finish either.

I meant I want to know how Katamari ends....

oh ok, I'll get snake eater, too

Unless Solid Snake lost an eye during the years between MGS 2 and this game, I don't believe that's him.

My guess would be either Solidus or (I can't believe I'm suggesting this but then Kojima is lovey like that <3 ) Big Boss. Most likely Solidus. Nice eyepatch though.

Winde

It can't be Big Boss, since he lost his right eye.  And it's not exactly an eye patch, either.  It's an interface with the little robot in front of him.

Ah and so it is. Just finished reading an article on the trailer. Should have read it before posting, ah well. :) Seems not only is he getting up there in years but he's gotten sick.

While he's remaining covert and attempting to formulate a plan, he's seized by a coughing spasm that doubles him over and nearly brings him to his knees. The only remedy is some sort of advanced injection system, which he delivers directly to his jugular vein and which seems to cure him temporarily.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Thread inspired me to fire up my old copy of MGS and I must say it's a good ride. I can't believe people take this seriously though, the game is so blatantly tongue and cheek (hell, that's half the fun). True pop-art.

"Alone? Are you an Otaku too?"

Priceless.

Trailer for you folks:

http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv

BTW It looks like 10 years has passed since MGS 2.

A bit weird for me looking at those pics of Old Solid Snake he looks  and I'm not kidding just like my uncle heck they have the same beard around the same age around in his late 50's and he smokes too!.  :eek:

From what I see in the trailer it looks good and it says it's actual gameplay not CG.

Edit: Konami should put up a much better trailer with higher quality soon:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mgs4_04.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The urban warfare part is interesting, however having robots patrolling the streets makes me wonder about the X years thing... Knowing the guys at Kojima productions this could take place during the "second part" of the story, like what they did with MGS2. Just a random guess though.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Looks good. No way that wasn't pre-rendered though. I don't believe it.

Some good lines in there, like how Otacon's robot was powered by the cell processor. IMO its definately looking like the P3's gonna have a pretty damn good lineup. So far the 360 has yet to spark my interest

Top Bottom