Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Just got a boxing bag. About damn time too. Once I put it up it should help my cardio. Just gotta buy some tape and a hand wrap as well since the fucker hurts my wrists.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I have been taking jogs about 2x a week. I've kicked sodas since Lent, and I've altered my diet to be more healthy. So far I've lost about 6 lbs. But there's this new, cheap Cajun foods place near my work now, and I can smell the end of my diet every time I walk outside at lunch time.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
My wife and I have been taking jogs about 2x a week. I've kicked sodas since Lent, and I've altered my diet to be more healthy. So far I've lost about 6 lbs. But there's this new, cheap Cajun foods place near my work now, and I can smell the end of my diet every time I walk outside at lunch time.

Good job Walt. You have to stay strong don't give in to the Cajun food, that's what they want.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
...Mission failed.

Well you have to keep in mind it's not going to kill you or damage your diet going off it even once a week. Normally I try to enjoy my Saturday, I'll have a large breakfast, drink a soda, lax on exercising. You'll easily bore the hell out of your self if you diet and exercise 24/7, so keep in mind if you have that one day of the week you try out a new restaurant with the wife; it's actually better for you in that regard. It not only feels like you're rewarding your self, but it gives you more incentive to stick to your diet because you have something to look forward too.

Anyways, I weighed my self today and I'm back down to 204. I've been trying the method I mentioned above and it has helped me stick to my diet. I also am exercising more often in the week. For example I'm going for walks in the evening for a half hour or more, three times a week. I am also doing cardio first followed by light weightlifting, so that way I start weightlifting with a faster heart rate.

Hopefully I can have some new weight loss reporting to go on next week. Enough about me, how are you folk doing?

Edit: Also, please if it has nothing to do with fitness don't post it. Random videos and images will just get reported for deletion, so please stop posting your eye soars.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I'm went up one pound to 170, but jeans I"m wearing feel loose still. I bought an exercise ball, and beend doing some ab exercises on it for the last week.

I haven't given up any of the food I eat, I just eat half or a third of what I used to eat. It works for some people. Do what you think it's bets for you to lose or gain.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So here we go. I have been waiting a couple of months but now I can finally get to this. With my son going to his pre-school and thus having a bus being able to pick him up and drop him off everyday. I now have time to go back to the Gym.

Evidence A
GroundZero.jpg

This is what having two kids along with not going to gym at all for 6 months can do to you! Notice the bush on top and funny looking black plaid shorts! I currently weigh in at 115kg or 250'ish pounds! Holy crap that's a huge bitch! I am only 5'11" so I'am pretty stocky. Let's see how far and for how long I can keep this up.

First two weeks for me will be hell because I will be cutting my food intake by more then half along with training like a retarded monkey. I am already back into drinking about 3 liters of water everyday so I don't cramp up since its starting to get warmer over here in Japan.

First two weeks will be me running as much as I can before my back starts to hurt, then go weight lifting for about an hour then swimming for 30 minutes. I will then after that initial two weeks be back to being able to run three miles non-stop. From then on I will be running to and from work everyday (About a mile and a half).

I will post again a month from next Monday.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Thank you saiya, I appreciate the post.

Good luck man it's not going to be easy, but I'm sure you can do it. Keep us updated.

Anyways for me. Yeah I've been forgetting to post and other crap blah blah blah. I'm going to get my camera's SD card so I can as well post a shirtless photo showing my progress since the lapse in taking shirtless photos. I weighed in yesterday at 202 pounds, It's a big accomplishment for me because as you all know I was stuck around 203 to 205 for a short period of time.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Good for you Saiya to start a new routine. Good work Bob, keep it up. I am at 168 right now, just 3 pounds more and I"ll reach my goal of 165. I do know this last ones to lose will be the hardest. Here's some pics of my update.

sdc10586.jpg

sdc10587.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
[quote author=NewYorkTimes]
Hydroxycut Diet Aids Recalled After Warning

ByNATASHA SINGER
Published: May 1, 2009
Federal drug regulators warned consumers Friday to stop using the popular Hydroxycut line of weight-loss products, citing reports of a death due to liver failure and other instances of serious health problems.

In all, the Food and Drug Administration said it had received 23 reports of significant adverse health effects in people who used Hydroxycut, including one person who required a liver transplant. Other complications included heart problems and a kind of muscle damage that could lead to kidney failure, the agency said.

The Hydroxycut brand, which has been widely sold at national chain stores including GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe, includes pills, drinks and powders marketed to increase energy, burn calories and fat, and control appetite. The maker reported selling more than nine million units of the brand last year, according to the F.D.A.

That company, Iovate Health Sciences of Oakville, Ontario, and its American distributor are voluntarily recalling 14 of the products. Two other products, Hydroxycut Cleanse and Hoodia, with different ingredients, are not affected by the recall. Calls to the company’s Canadian headquarters reached a recorded message that directed callers to the Hydroxycut Web site.

The recall of one of the best-known weight-loss brands is the latest in a series of incidents that raise the question of whether the Food and Drug Administration has adequate authority to regulate the dietary supplement industry and provide consumer protection.

At issue is the difference in the way the agency oversees drugs — defined as products that prevent or cure disease — and dietary supplements, which can offer general health benefits but cannot claim to treat specific diseases or symptoms.

Unlike drugs, whose manufacturers must provide safety and effectiveness data before receiving federal approval to sell the products, dietary supplements do not need F.D.A. approval to go on sale. Manufacturers of dietary supplements are themselves responsible for ensuring and documenting the safety and efficacy claims of their products.

According to the law governing dietary supplements, the F.D.A. is empowered to act only in cases when it identifies a harmful or adulterated product that is already on sale.

“Part of the problem as you know is that F.D.A. looks at dietary supplements from a postmarket perspective, so that an isolated incident is often difficult to follow,” Dr. Linda Katz, interim chief medical officer of the agency’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said Friday.

The agency has been on a campaign to identify and warn consumers about tainted weight-loss pills that illegally contain prescription drug ingredients. Since December, the F.D.A. has issued a list of 70 brands that contained hidden and potential hazardous drugs including an antiseizure medication.

Representatives of the industry said that current regulations were adequate to protect consumers because manufacturers conducted their own safety tests.

“Nobody goes to market without testing,” said John Hathcock, vice president of scientific and international affairs at the Council for Responsible Nutrition, a trade group. He added that neither drug makers nor supplement manufacturers could ensure total product safety once an item moved from a testing lab into mass circulation.

The F.D.A. said that a new law that requires manufacturers to notify the agency of any reports of serious health problems helped officials identify a pattern of adverse events linked to Hydroxycut users. In addition, the agency cited reports in medical journals of serious liver disease being diagnosed in six people who had taken Hydroxycut.

The agency said the consumers were healthy before using Hydroxycut and took the recommended dose. Because the formula for Hydroxycut has changed over time and because the product contains different amounts of a proprietary blend of ingredients, the agency said it had not yet determined which of the product’s ingredients might constitute a health hazard.

Vitamin Shoppe and GNC said they were removing Hydroxycut products from their Web sites and stores. Several months ago, the companies stopped selling another well-known weight-loss brand, StarCaps, that was found to contain a powerful prescription diuretic.

A GNC spokeswoman wrote in an e-mail statement Friday, “As soon as we become aware of potential problems with any product, we take immediate action, as we have done in this situation.”
[/quote]

I hope none of us have taken any of that stuff. Do it the right way. Eat well and exercise, put the effort in. I know you guys won't give up that easily.

My update: I lost a pound, so I am at 167 at the moment. two shy of my goal of 165.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I've tried caffeine pills they work better and give you the effect of doing an 8-ball. Anyways, never touched hydroxycut after it nearly killed a couple guys in my Brigade back in 05. :troll:

I was down to 160.5 on Wednesday, but I really pigged out this past weekend so I'm pretty sure I haven't held that weight. :judo:

Guess I'll find out later this week.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I finally got off my lazy ass and have been running every other day for the last month. Today I ran 4.35 miles and burned approximately 675 calories, so I'm feeling pretty good. The last time I checked, I weighed 218 lbs. I'll be checking again on Monday after my workout and will post how I'm doing. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and enjoying a sunny Memorial Day weekend (for those of you in the States, anyway :void:).

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Rhombaad said:
I finally got off my lazy ass and have been running every other day for the last month. Today I ran 4.35 miles and burned approximately 675 calories, so I'm feeling pretty good. The last time I checked, I weighed 218 lbs. I'll be checking again on Monday after my workout and will post how I'm doing. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and enjoying a sunny Memorial Day weekend (for those of you in the States, anyway :void:).

Good for you Rhombaad, Keep it up! As for me I am still fighting this last 3 lbs for my goal of 165. I keep losing half a pound and gaining it back. I am so close yet so far from reaching it. :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I weighed myself the other day and found that I was 150lbs, surprisingly. Looks like i did manage to gain some weight even though I don't think its noticeable. Still its a good feeling to know that I did put on a few pounds, around 10 actually. Anyway i'm continuing to stay healthy and gain or at least maintain a healthy weight. For the summer I'm also going t be a lot more active. More running, bicycling and I even got one of those perfect pull-up bars that go in your doorway so i can do all sorts of pullups everytime I leave and enter the room. I also didn't realize that drinking whey protein may not be enough, I also started drinking creatine after someone told me that I should drink both. So thats what I've been doing, maybe i'll post some pics of my scrawny, pale arms later.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Hello everyone, long time no real post.

I haven't been keeping up with my dieting and working out like I should be, so I've put on some weight and managed to get back up to 204.5 [I think I've just been eating more, I'm doing the same exercises]. So what I'm doing now is, really trying not to gorge on food at all and just limit my self. Also I'm staying away from the house so I don't tempt my self with the goodies in the kitchen.

Anyways, last week I was 204.6, this week I weighed in at 203. So wish me luck as I battle my way back below 200 again!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I ran yesterday for another 45 minutes, but it had been over a week so I actually gained 2 pounds. This is encouraging me to go every day that I'm able, rather than attempting to go every other day, which usually ends up in me going several days without running. I'm going back to the gym tonight for another 45 minute run on the elliptical. I'll weigh myself in a few days and hopefully I'll be back at 218 or lower.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Buy a kettlebell, Buy the Enter The Kettlebell Book and DVD. Follow the program minimum. Eat a cleaner diet.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Hello everyone, long time no real post.

I haven't been keeping up with my dieting and working out like I should be, so I've put on some weight and managed to get back up to 204.5 [I think I've just been eating more, I'm doing the same exercises]. So what I'm doing now is, really trying not to gorge on food at all and just limit my self. Also I'm staying away from the house so I don't tempt my self with the goodies in the kitchen.

Anyways, last week I was 204.6, this week I weighed in at 203. So wish me luck as I battle my way back below 200 again!

Remember what matters, fat loss and how your clothes fit. Losing "weight" can be a misnomer given you can lose muscle in the process.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Weight progress will be added in the morning. Night Yall!

==========================================
Well I'm back up to 209, so the weight gain is there. I'm kicking soda's again and going back to eating salads for lunch with smaller portions of dinner. Augh, there is nothing worse then trying. =[

I'm back up to 165 today, been slacking lately on my workouts (and my dieting :sad:), so I'll have to keep at it in order to get back down to 160.

Top Bottom