PS3 and XBOX 360

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Nomad said:
Bang Bros. man... I'm telling ya'. Wave of the future they say.
You ruined my day with your link :-\.

CnC said:
I don't see a point in buying a system right at launch, whether it be the ridiculous prices, the lack of a good selection of games, or the chance theres something wrong with the system.
Exactly why I'm waiting till all the systems are released before I even think about making a final decision.

As for Smash Bros., the game is really no fun once people start abusing the roll. play a real fighting game, like Tekken or Guilty Gear. Oh wait, that's right, those aren't on any Nintendo consoles.

In any case, I'd trade in all this new console garbage for a bunch of $20 games that were fun, had style, and were devoid of angst in any of its forms. Damn the Prince of Persia sequel... anyway, I have to say, games like Gungrave OD, Serious Sam, and pretty much any other game equivalent in price and quality are far superior to subdivision bump mapping, realistic physics, and high dynamic range lighting.

Nah, the original Smash doesn't hold a candle to the new Smash.  I've heard people say that the original is better.  My friends mostly.  And then after weeks of being forced to play the new one, they haven't gone back to the first.  They've been playing melee for 2 years now.  I expect good things from the upcoming Smash.

I don't see a point in buying a system right at launch, whether it be the ridiculous prices, the lack of a good selection of games, or the chance theres something wrong with the system.

That last part is the reason why to wait 6 months to a year to get a new system. Xbox and PS2 were played with the horrible disk read errors. I had to replace both my Xbox and PS2 because of that crap.

id disagree new smash is a lot more competitive and deep, but in new smash you can win just with superior tech skill. In old smash the depth of tech skill is much smaller so its a lot more mental. Not to mention FFA mayhem. too good.

If you used Pikachu or Kirby in the original then you were practically given the win. Not to mention if you were Fox, his reflector could nail you so bad when trying to come back from being knocked out. I find the two games to be extremely similar. The second game just adds more characters and an addition "B" move. The gameplay is still pretty much the same and the original 14 characters are perfectly balanced. Though I will admit that there lies the problem with melee. All of the hidden characters lack balance. Case in point with Marth or Roy. It's far too easy to win with those characters. Of the 14 playable characters, Sheik is the dominating and most unbalanced character in the game and any beginner can quickly learn how to destroy even the most seasoned vets.

If you used Pikachu or Kirby in the original then you were practically given the win. Not to mention if you were Fox, his reflector could nail you so bad when trying to come back from being knocked out. I find the two games to be extremely similar. The second game just adds more characters and an addition "B" move. The gameplay is still pretty much the same and the original 14 characters are perfectly balanced. Though I will admit that there lies the problem with melee. All of the hidden characters lack balance. Case in point with Marth or Roy. It's far too easy to win with those characters. Of the 14 playable characters, Sheik is the dominating and most unbalanced character in the game and any beginner can quickly learn how to destroy even the most seasoned vets.

haha dude you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I wont even dignify your ssb comments with a response, but if you know any seasoned vets that lose to a beginner shiek then they arent a seasoned vet. Sounds like you stink at smash.

I'm actually quite good. That is just the trash I hear at other boards when people complain about how broken Shiek is. And I do admit that Shiek is easy to pick up and play, and even better when mastered. I won't go out on a limb and say I'm uber good like the gamers that have mastered wave dashing everything that goes with that.

haha no disrespect man, but if you cant wavedash then im assuming you cant L cancel, which pretty much disqualifies a lot of what you say about the game. As far as the boards are concerned, the majority of people SWF and Gamefaqs aren't very good either (as compared to the skill of people who actually do well at tournies) or even that intelligent.

Anyway, we can all agree that Smash is awesome, N64 or GC style, and the Revolution version will be sweet as hell.

Wavedashing doesn't make or break the game. You can kick ass and take names without using that. Though I'm not saying I'm king of the world or anything but with the large group of friends that I play against the games get pretty damn intense. We just play on Lightning melee cause normal is too slow (speed difference makes wavedashing tough).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
mostpatrioticpictureever1ps.jpg

I present this picture because it equally contributes the same amount of information both of you above are contributing to this thread.

NEVER FORGET!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Actually, that's quite an improvement over what they've been talking about. But, to get things back on topic...

september11.jpg

I present this picture because it equally contributes the same amount of information both of you above are contributing to this thread.

don't be hatin on smash foo!

besides its not like anyone actually looks to this thread for critical information which will determine which system they buy, and if someone does, they should be shot.

Xbox will be released in November.
PS3 will be released spring or summer of 2006
Revolution will be released at the end of 2006 from what I've gathered.
I'll probably buy all of them.

I am going PS3 for three reasons:

1. Sony systems have great series and games with plenty of plot and everything you could want in a game. XBOX (Nintendo died after the fiftieth Mario game, to me at least) had better graphics than the PS2 but everything else was horrible. PS2 automatically played dvds XBOX needs a extra 20 buck card.

2. MGS has more substance than any other game I have yet played. It's like a movie that you control.

3. I hate Gates and his work for a minute then break crap. PS3 should be run on Mac software.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
I am going PS3 for three reasons

No offense, but this is completely stupid. Your post is so ridiculously opinionated... I'm at a loss of words.

It really doesn't matter what I do, since my older brother is gonna get all 3 systems anyway, just for the sake of getting them. I was thinking of not buying any and just playing on bros' systems, but I also don't plan on living with my parents for the rest of my life (he works for our dad, so he lives with the parents).

I'll probably just get an xbox 360, just because I already have an xbox. Revolution sounds very intriguing however. It all rides on how the controller looks (my decision to buy it, that is).

Aazealh said:
No offense, but this is completely stupid. Your post is so ridiculously opinionated... I'm at a loss of words.

I try. Go to gametrailers.com and you should see the seething fanboy hate. This thread is a firestorm waiting to explode.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I don't think anyone's standpoint is going to change from this topic, we still have a while til these systems come out. We have our Sony boys, our Microsoft boys and our Nintendo boys, and everyone in the gray. Sony controls the greatest stereos and TVs in the world, and microsoft controls 95% of the computers in america (not sure about worldwide). Thinking that not getting xbox 360 is going to stick it to Gates you got another thing coming. I hate microsoft but I'm not going to close out the option of getting a 360 just in case Shenmue 3 or Skies of Arcadia 2 or something unbelieveable comes out for it.

We're right back to where we started, nothing has changed. happy?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
I try. Go to gametrailers.com and you should see the seething fanboy hate.

No thanks.

Nomad said:
That would be Klipsch... Not Sony. :p ;)

Uh yeah, I was about to say so... Same for TVs or even computer screens, Sony's just a popular high quality brand, they're not the best by any means, especially not these days.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Sony's just a popular high quality brand, they're not the best by any means, especially not these days.

That's okay, I'm a consumer whore! :D

Popular brands are more important to me than family or religion, it's like a life I don't control!

Top Bottom