Ron Paul in 2008

S

Sanguinius

Walter said:
I don't really give two shits about any candidate that's thrown their hat into the ring so far, so don't consider this an attack on Mr. Paul. However, I think it's uncanny how much Ron Paul has been getting his name into the mix in the past few weeks. This guy was a relative unknown (still is, really), but just this week I've literally seen his name plastered, spoken and typed across nearly every branch of communication the world has to offer.

This weekend I was doing some last-minute shopping at a popular mall area near Nashville (Cool Springs, to anyone who knows it), and there were nearly 40-50 people waving Ron Paul campaign signs in snowy weather at one of the most trafficked intersections.

"Who the fuck is Ron Paul?" I asked myself. "Oh yeah, he's that guy with a thread on my forums. So who the fuck is Ron Paul?" I asked one of the campaigners as I pulled over to the side of the street.

His answer wasn't exactly earth-shaking, but I don't blame him for that, he likely wasn't paid very much by Mr. Paul to be out in freezing rain.

"Why should I vote for him if hes Pro-Life?" I asked.

The guy's answer was something along the lines of "he's worked as an OBGYN and he knows his shit."

CNN has a new article about the man that jsut cropped up AS I TYPED THIS ENTRY. I shit you not, this man has got connections: http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/18/paul.fundraising/index.html

Yet, he still comes off as benign to me. One of the million William Jennings Bryans that will be long-forgotten by next election year.

Since when did obscurity in and of itself become a reason to be disdainful of someone? Is sk.net a piece of shit because most of the human race has never heard of it? I guess the answer to the old parable, from you anyway, of "when a tree falls in a wood and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?" is no.

CnC said:
As an aside, CNN has discovered that mentioning Paul gets HUGE hits on the site (from sites like digg, etc.)

I notice you utterly ignored my request to give me a single policy from any candidate in the world during any election ever, who provided by your definition of the word, a "detailed" plan to achieve their objective.

Edit: I'd like to make another point, did you read that fundraising link you gave Walter? What point were you trying to make? It says how Ron Paul gets his money from a larger number of individuals who give smaller amounts of money than his opponents and he still raises more money. Are you actually criticising him for having the support of a lot of little people?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sanguinius said:
Are you actually criticising him for having the support of a lot of little people?

Yeah CnC criticizing the little people and the little people that want to put little minority people into special work out camps. Sang's right Ron Paul is the way and the truth!

S

Sanguinius

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Yeah CnC criticizing the little people and the little people that want to put little minority people into special work out camps. Sang's right Ron Paul is the way and the truth!

Oh great, you've totally given up even the pretence of a rational argument and are now just talking shit about work camps.

So let me just see if I can sum up this thread to date

1. Ron Paul is a Nazi, because 2 obscure websites provided by VHB say that a single individual who created a racist website gave 500 US dollars to the Ron Paul campaign.

2. Ron Paul's plans aren't "detailed" according to CnC who seems unable to gave an example of any policy from any politician anywhere in the world form any election whose plan was "detailed", by his definition of the word.

3. Who the Fuck is Ron Paul?

There're only 2 possibilities here, either I'm bad shit insane and should be locked away in the funny farm with a tight jacket and padded white walls or your "arguments" are utterly irrational.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sanguinius said:
1. Ron Paul is a Nazi, because 2 obscure websites provided by VHB say that a single individual who created a racist website gave 500 US dollars to the Ron Paul campaign.

There's other things listed in the first link and I don't see how a local texas news paper's web site is obscure?

2. Ron Paul's plans aren't "detailed" according to CnC who seems unable to gave an example of any policy from any politician anywhere in the world form any election whose plan was "detailed", by his definition of the word.

CnC was just saying he can't really trust the guy, because he is exactly like every other politician out there. They are all prone to lying. Edit: I'm pretty sure that's not what CnC said so he'll have to forgive me for my miss somethings.

3. Who the Fuck is Ron Paul?

I didn't know who he was either till I saw one of those billion Ron Paul revolution banners and looked him up. I don't know my own state's senator's let alone any other state's senators.

There're only 2 possibilities here, either I'm bad shit insane and should be locked away in the funny farm with a tight jacket and padded white walls or your "arguments" are utterly irrational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
I notice you utterly ignored my request to give me a single policy from any candidate in the world during any election ever, who provided by your definition of the word, a "detailed" plan to achieve their objective/

I've opted to discuss politics with my wall. It has proven to be far less redundant than going over the same point over an over with you.

You may resume blowing your Ron Paul wad all over this thread...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sanguinius said:
Since when did obscurity in and of itself become a reason to be disdainful of someone?
Was I disdainful? I think you're reading a lot into these posts... All I said was I thought it was uncanny that someone who had no press coverage and was a relative unknown suddenly has his name everywhere. I then went on to describe a scenario where his sphere of influence literally was in my immediate area. Even if I don't support his views, I'm giving props to the guy for getting his name out there effectively. The man is a HYPE MACHINE.

My last line, comparing him to "one of the million William Jennings Bryans," is nothing personal against Mr. Paul. It's pretty much my feelings for most political candidates, and even the whole game of politics. It's fleeting bullshit and I can't take any of it seriously. We put so much fervor into these campaigns, but within 6-8 months, all that's left are embarassing remnants and broken promises. Ron Pauls' name will likely be forgotten by 2009, and that's not his fault. It's just the inevitable excess created by the hype machine these politicians crank that invaribly encroach on our daily lives and force a reaction out of us.

Edit: I'd like to make another point, did you read that fundraising link you gave Walter? What point were you trying to make? It says how Ron Paul gets his money from a larger number of individuals who give smaller amounts of money than his opponents and he still raises more money. Are you actually criticising him for having the support of a lot of little people?
I just posted the link because it related to my point that his name is everywhere. End of point. My god, man. Stop reading into things. Not everyone is out to get you.

S

Sanguinius

Walter said:
Was I disdainful? I think you're reading a lot into these posts... All I said was I thought it was uncanny that someone who had no press coverage and was a relative unknown suddenly has his name everywhere. I then went on to describe a scenario where his sphere of influence literally was in my immediate area. Even if I don't support his views, I'm giving props to the guy for getting his name out there effectively.
I just posted the link because it related to my point that his name is everywhere. End of point. My god, man. Stop reading into things. Not everyone is out to get you.

Well it's not me they're saying things about, and I never took it personally. Your post did seem to be saying it in a negative way, for example what did you mean when you said the CNN news article showed he had "connections"? Did you just mean he had got a lot of contribuations from a lot of people to his fundraising? I'd consider the term connections to imply some kind of lobbyist but out or something like that, to me at least it implies back room dealings.

Walter's Edit above:

You know Ron Paul is literally the only candidate in the world at present who I would defend like this. I follow the politics of countries across Europe; Asia; Africa; South America and North America. He is utterly unique in what he stands for, literally across the globe. I don't just say oh he says this and I like it so I'll trust him. I have actually looked into his record in office and his personal life. He has been utterly consistent throughout his political career and his personal life also reflects his political beliefs. You tell me what other public official returns part of his pay and doesn't take up his medical benefits that come with his job. That's also just not a stunt he's pulled recently he's done that since the 70's when he was 1st in Congress. When he a medical officer he worked in a charity hospital in the evenings, he didn't take student loans for himself or for his children. If you look into his life and find some hypocricy fair enough, but I can't find in and I have looked.

CnC said:
I've opted to discuss politics with my wall. It has proven to be far less redundant than going over the same point over an over with you.

You may resume blowing your Ron Paul wad all over this thread without my presence...

Yes, and you gave such nuanced arguments that you will be missed. It's not like you yourself just made vague and ill defined criticisms even arguing over the definition of words to impll he was lacking. What I'll miss most of all though is the way you site clear examples and evidence to back up all your criticisms.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
There's other things listed in the first link and I don't see how a local texas news paper's web site is obscure?

You mean the letter they sent to his campaign team?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
CnC was just saying he can't really trust the guy, because he is exactly like every other politician out there. They are all prone to lying. Edit: I'm pretty sure that's not what CnC said so he'll have to forgive me for my miss somethings.

Well it's one thing to be sceptical of politicans it's another to just default assume that ever politician whatever their record is always lying about everything. Even when what they're saying goes against almost every populist policy in the Republican party which the're trying to win the nomination of. It's the old Black Adder logic, suck up to the Republican base by saying the EXACT opposite of what they want to hear, that'll be the last thing they're expecting :schierke:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I didn't know who he was either till I saw one of those billion Ron Paul revolution banners and looked him up. I don't know my own state's senator's let alone any other state's senators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

I didn't know my own name until my parents told me what it was when I was a child. What's the point exactly? that you don't know about people until you know them? I know he's not famous, or even well known, but I really fail to see that translates into a criticism of him.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
ronpauljesusqr2.jpg

contribuations fundraising impll politicans the're teying​

My original intention was to have Sang's avatar blowing this figure, but since he's picked one of the more generic avatars the meaning could be lost. Oh well :troll:

S

Sanguinius

You know whatever the politics, I can't believe anyone with even the slighest bit of impartiality would say that I'm the one being childish and outright ignorantly stupid in this thread.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
slighest?

You know, whatever the politics, I can't believe anyone would voice any real objection at this point to me making a 2 frame gif of you blowing a picture of Ron Paul Jesus. I'm just saying it's hard to do with your current avatar, so I'm sorry.

However you _could_ send me a picture of yourself... preferably with your mouth in an "O" position (that would help me out with the photoshop job)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
This thread turned to utter shit.

CnC, make good on your word (uttered about three times now) and get out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Which is more likely, Ron Paul winning in a popular election or Duke Nukem Forever actually being released?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
This thread turned to utter shit.

CnC, make good on your word (uttered about three times now) and get out.

...blue-haired wierdo...

Walter said:
Which is more likely, Ron Paul winning in a popular election or Duke Nukem Forever actually being released?

rondukewa0.jpg

money's on the duke​

What's Ron Paul's stance on alien invasion? Would he save the strippers or kick them?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:

The one place you don't want to be in 2008, is in the middle.

85771971xz0.jpg

Edit - God damn it..

S

Sanguinius

CnC said:
You know, whatever the politics, I can't believe anyone would voice any real objection at this point to me making a 2 frame gif of you blowing a picture of Ron Paul Jesus. I'm just saying it's hard to do with your current avatar, so I'm sorry.

However you _could_ send me a picture of yourself... preferably with your mouth in an "O" position (that would help me out with the photoshop job)

You know, I think it'd be more true to life if you just take an actual photo of you giving yourself a blow job.

Walter said:

I have said repeatedly that he won't win, and that he knows he won't win. He's 72 years old, he's standing in this election to give people some real choice and to create a real libertarian wing to the Republican party. I imagine he hopes that in future someone else will be able to take that faction and grow it, and win the Republican nomination on a constitutionalist and libertarian ticket.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sanguinius said:
You know, I think it'd be more true to life if you just take an actual photo of you giving yourself a blow job.

Off topic, but if any of us could actually do that, we wouldn't be wasting valuable suck time talking about Ron Paul. =)

S

Sanguinius

Aazealh said:
Kucinich's wife is way hotter than Ron Paul's. Discuss.

Maybe for the sake of discussion and informative conversation it'd be good for you to back up what you're saying with extensive proof and detailed explanations, don't you think? Because anybody can say "this man's wife is hotter than this other man's wife".

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
Maybe for the sake of discussion and informative conversation it'd be good for you to back up what you're saying with extensive proof and detailed explanations, don't you think? Because anybody can say "this man's wife is hotter than this other man's wife".

0_61_kucinich_elizabeth.jpg
Ron%20Paul%20and%20Carol.jpg

Yea Aaz back up what you're saying with extensive informative discussion. Back up your claims with proof, like say breast size, facial features, what nasty things you'd do to her, etc.
:troll:

S

Sanguinius

CnC said:

0_61_kucinich_elizabeth.jpg
Ron%20Paul%20and%20Carol.jpg

Yea Aaz back up what you're saying with extensive informative discussion. Back up your claims with proof, like say breast size, facial features, what nasty things you'd do to her, etc.
:troll:

You never did pay any attention to what people other than yourself posted in this thread.

Aazealh said:
Maybe for the sake of discussion and informative conversation it'd be good for you to back up what you're saying with extensive proof and detailed explanations, don't you think? Because anybody can say "this is wrong, and I'm right".

It's on your side. Among other things it contains a long list of everything Paul's put through congress. Stuff like this.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
You never did pay any attention to what people other than yourself posted in this thread.

Jeez I was just trying to back up your claims about how Ron Paul (perfect in every way)'s wife is way hotter than Kucinich's super model wife with picture evidence.
Why you gotta be so instantly disdainful?

...Why do you hate Ron (son of god) Paul so much? Is it because he's right?

Top Bottom