• Flora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else...

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Smith said:
And yes being a fog i highly any weapons can touch him [Ganishka] (pretty obvious after seeing how Irvine arrow went past him

Actually, Irvine's arrow went through him, as Ganishka opened up a hole in his own belly for it to pass through.

Aazealh said:
Though I wouldn't dismiss Oberon as a name, I'd also like to take the opportunity to state again that these characters (be it Puck or Oberon) weren't invented by Shakespeare, unlike what most people usually think. These popular pre-Christian characters date back to older times and folktales.

Hey, I knew that. :puck: I looked them up on Wikipedia beforehand. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
Irvine's arrow went through him, as Ganishka opened up a hole in his own belly for it to pass through.

I don't think he necessarily opened a hole into himself, it's just that Irvine's arrow "pierced" and dissipated the fog a bit while going through him (sheer power!), IMHO. Ganishka simply transformed in fog right before the arrow hit him.

GanishkaArrow.jpg

Alucalb said:
Hey, I knew that. :puck: I looked them up on Wikipedia beforehand. :p

Like I said, I was just jumping on the occasion to say it again, I didn't mean that you didn't know about it. :casca:

Aazealh said:
Like I said, I was just jumping on the occasion to say it again, I didn't mean that you didn't know about it. :casca:

I was just being a nutter, mate. :serpico: Also, rather than the Shakespeare play, I was picturing Elfhelm to be like Faerie in the DC/Vertigo universe, with all sorts of strange creatures with different shapes and sizes, not just wee little elves.

Funny thought, what if Berserk were a Vertigo series? Guts would fight the Swamp Thing, and Schierke would join the Trenchcoat Brigade. :p

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Alucalb said:
I was just being a nutter, mate. :serpico: Also, rather than the Shakespeare play, I was picturing Elfhelm to be like Faerie in the DC/Vertigo universe, with all sorts of strange creatures with different shapes and sizes, not just wee little elves.

Funny thought, what if Berserk were a Vertigo series? Guts would fight the Swamp Thing, and Schierke would join the Trenchcoat Brigade. :p

John Constantine would show up, get branded, con Void into some scheme, and come out if it smelling roses.

Well, I think the Idea of Evil, would be the most powerful being, because he is basically god, or at least mans "idea" of god.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
I don't think he necessarily opened a hole into himself, it's just that Irvine's arrow "pierced" and dissipated the fog a bit while going through him (sheer power!), IMHO. Ganishka simply transformed in fog right before the arrow hit him.

GanishkaArrow.jpg

yes, this explanation is more plausible, but doesn't disregard the fact that the arrow didn't "pass" him by, which is what I was correcting the poster on.

And, though this is getting a bit esoteric, I think from the picture that Ganishka does in fact open himself up. It looks to me like wisps of fog were drawn off the edges of this opened hole to me. I know he has no reason to make such a hole, as the arrow wouldn't likely hurt him anyway, but he is arrogant, afterall; so he may have done this intentionally, along with other displays of might and skill, to show the neo-hawks what they are dealing with.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
yes, this explanation is more plausible, but doesn't disregard the fact that the arrow didn't "pass" him by, which is what I was correcting the poster on.

Of course, you were right to point it out in the first place (although knowing Smith...). I was reacting to the hole part specifically, putting aside the rest of the post, something I often do. :chomp:

You know how when Apostles transform a cloud of mist rolls off of them? Maybe Ganishka can control that mist over distances, to empower his monks who control the familiars?

Ugh, please, let this be a reminder NEVER to use that term ever again...... :puck:

It is not the sword of resonance. It is called the 'yobimizu no tsurugi', and the yobimizu basically means 'beherit'. Just call it the 'beherit-sword' from now on, and everyone will be happy. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alucalb said:
"Sword Of Resonance" kinda makes sense.

Not really. It's a compromise Graywords and the rest of the board agreed upon a long time ago, which is why fuxberg would call it like that (because once something is decided upon here, everybody starts using it everywhere).

Here are the original threads:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1995.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2093.0

Like yota821 said, I don't think talking about resonance is proper in the context. It's a sword that cuts through dimensional layers, and the "Yobimizu" in Yobimizu no Tsurugi is a reference to what the beherits are called earlier in the manga (ikai e no yobimizu). The basic meaning of the word would be to "prime a pump" in the dictionary. Miura used a different kanji in the name (呼び水 -> 喚び水) with a "yo" furigana, and by focusing on that kanji's meaning (喚) Graywords ended up choosing "resonance". However that's just part of the word... I think Miura used that specific kanji to stress out the "calling" aspect, meaning that it's stronger than a single beherit's (not just opening a portal to another dimension but cutting through), but that shouldn't change the global meaning of the word IMHO.

Actually I'm the one that first said I'd rather go for beherit-sword than any other unsatisfying alternative. I prefer to use either that or Yobimizu no Tsurugi directly.

puella

Berserk forever
Aazealh said:
I think Miura used that specific kanji to stress out the "calling" aspect, meaning that it's stronger than a single beherit's (not just opening a portal to another dimension but cutting through), but that shouldn't change the global meaning of the word IMHO.
Good. :serpico: I also think Miura used the kanji because the two kanji basically mean the same thing "to call" though their usages are different.

Actually I'm the one that first said I'd rather go for beherit-sword than any other unsatisfying alternative.
I agree. I said I'd go for Vacuum Blade in my old post because I thought we couldn't find a good equivalent for the word. But the solution was so simple. I even didn't need to think complicatedly. Beherit Sword is the best!! :guts:

For me, It would either have to be SkullKnight or the Idea of Evil, its hard to choose because one basically weaves fate and is god and other has the power to defy it, kind of like Guts too, but Im sure SkullKnight is much more powerful than him.

Zelz said:
For me, It would either have to be SkullKnight or the Idea of Evil, its hard to choose because one basically weaves fate and is god and other has the power to defy it, kind of like Guts too, but Im sure SkullKnight is much more powerful than him.

I doubt the idea of evil counts in this little speculation.

Well.....it is strongest "being" and the Idea of Evil IS a being.... :serpico: , but if whatever it is doesn't count then yeah Skull Knight.

Sparnage said:
I doubt the idea of evil counts in this little speculation.

:guts:

On the side note, since i am the one starting this thread, i apologise for not emphasizing Idea... Of course he is most powerful being in the entire Berserk universe, but just like i left out the other 4 godhand... So i am not counting Idea in (The voting question i ask: Who is the most powerful after Griff, since idea is the one giving him all the power, obviously he is more powerful, how can it be after?)

Den again my stand for this still goes to Ganishka, Assuming they got the chance to matchup in the first place, SK might defeat him using his Beherit sword, but i doubt he will use it to fight Ganishka (everyone know why right?). Without that sword, I cant really think of anything SK can use to 'touch' him, unless he have some kind of fire power that could vaporise fog Ganishka or something

Top Bottom