What are you drinking? (general liquid thread)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I currently work in the office of a cafeteria style restaurant operation (it oversees several restaurants and cafes), and one of the fringe benefits is that I have the right to free use of the fountain drinks. So, free soda, juice, or coffee, and as much as I can drink. I could basically be sucking down soda at my desk for 9 hours straight, and I know soda fiends that would envy this, but I've only taken advantage few times. Most amusingly yesterday when I was putting in an order for cases of 20oz Coke, thought, "Mmmmmmmm, Coke, I'd sure like some Coke... ...wait, I can have as much Coke as I want!" Then, acting immediately on that impulse, I got free Coke. It was awesome. =)

Anyway, I love soda, though usually only drink it occasionally, but financially speaking should I drink all I can at work, and gain 30 pounds becoming a total soda lardo, just to get all I can out of the job?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here upsrairs in the warehouse, I also get sames the buyers for the stores put in the fridge. Tea, juices,coconut water. Basically whatever drink they sell or new products, I don't even bri g lunch anymore.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Why would you give it up, just drink less of it =p

Anyway, anyone ever had Melon Soda?
melonsoda.jpg

Its even more sweet than cola, but I like it ^^
Should be a great drink to mix with some wodka I suppose :beast:

X

Xem

Griffith said:
I currently work in the office of a cafeteria style restaurant operation (it oversees several restaurants and cafes), and one of the fringe benefits is that I have the right to free use of the fountain drinks. So, free soda, juice, or coffee, and as much as I can drink. I could basically be sucking down soda at my desk for 9 hours straight, and I know soda fiends that would envy this, but I've only taken advantage few times. Most amusingly yesterday when I was putting in an order for cases of 20oz Coke, thought, "Mmmmmmmm, Coke, I'd sure like some Coke... ...wait, I can have as much Coke as I want!" Then, acting immediately on that impulse, I got free Coke. It was awesome. =)

Anyway, I love soda, though usually only drink it occasionally, but financially speaking should I drink all I can at work, and gain 30 pounds becoming a total soda lardo, just to get all I can out of the job?

I love soda from a fountain for some reason, not sure why but it just seems fresher and crispier or some nonsense. When I worked as a cook my coworkers would look at me in awe at the amount of soda I could consume. And that was before I quit drinking too. :farnese:

So jealous, SO JEALOUS. I'm on Day 3 of giving up soda or sugar-drinks and it's freggin tough =_='

Good luck bro, I managed to do it for a good while last year, I found working out and eating right made quitting soda a lot easier. Seeing the fruits of your labor is the best motivator to keep at it imho.

Anyway, anyone ever had Melon Soda?

Not yet 'cept maybe with some shooters though I've seen the stuff at the store... I actually got slightly tempted by the watermelon flavor but my partner talked me out of it, is it any good? :???: Seems pretty strange.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
73694982-irn_bru_2.jpg

Speaking of sodas.. Currently traveling around Scotland and the UK, so I've been drinking this occasionally. I had never heard of it before but it's not too bad.

Been a good 2/3 months since I had soda and today I broke it because I've had 2 stressful weeks in succession and BLARGHLEGARGLEstuffhappened. So, I went with Mountain Dew's White Out, second favorite to Coca Cola (I drink only Coca Cola, Ginerale and this flavor of MD) ... I like it cos it reminds me of Limca from back home ...

MDew-1.jpg

Limca
Limca.jpg

If anyone gets a chance to try Thums Up, go for it!
eatpraylove3.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Alcohol related question- anyone know what's a good inbetween liquer for doing shots that's not as bad as whiskey like jim bean but not a girly one like a kamakazi? I need to entertain some folks and nodody drinks whiskey but I refuse to drink fruity stuff. And please no vodka.

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Alcohol related question- anyone know what's a good inbetween liquer for doing shots that's not as bad as whiskey like jim bean but not a girly one like a kamakazi? I need to entertain some folks and nodody drinks whiskey but I refuse to drink fruity stuff. And please no vodka.

Shots? Entertainment? Jagger bomb or something smoother: Irish car bomb.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Car bombs are fun, but it's more involved than a shot, so keeping it simple: good tequila.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
good tequila.
With a bit of salt on your hand after the shot + a lime at the ready = good times. Having chicks around to assist you with this also generally enhances the experience.

20121116_231430.jpg

Says it's 'Dry Root Beer' buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, as my friend said, it leaves this oily sort of texture in your mouth. He couldn't finish it and I loved it hehe. Going to the same venue tonight for another show and I know what to get now ^_~

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
Glass of Jameson at room temp, drop or two of water in it. I shouldn't because of some health issues, but this thing has been staring me down for weeks. Anybody have favorite brands of whiskey they'd like to recommend for my next bottle?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MrWeatherby said:
Anybody have favorite brands of whiskey they'd like to recommend for my next bottle?

You could give Nikka a shot if you haven't tried it before. They've got some nice stuff.

Top Bottom