8 year-old shooting Father and killing him!!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Носферату said:
Hmmm, so now it seems he killed his father from some kind of abuse, but like others here I'm wondering why would he kill the other guy, did he possibly have something to do with the abuse, did he actually abuse the kid any, or did the kid just decide the other guy had it coming just for being his fathers friend?

He might have walked in right after the kid shot his father, so he killed the neighbor out of fear of being caught.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
He might have walked in right after the kid shot his father, so he killed the neighbor out of fear of being caught.

It wasn't the neighbor but one of his father's employees who lived with them at the house. Maybe the guy also abused him or maybe he didn't defend him or maybe he walked in at the wrong time... I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the kid to talk.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Th3Branded0ne said:
and more of kids being killers in arizona
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/12/05/20081205mr-kitten1206.html

Let's keep things in perspective. It's a cat. Still sick minded, but most people don't consider other animals as much as they do humans. Every time a mousetrap in my basement catches something, I toss it in a plastic bag, bash the pests head on the curb, and throw it in the garbage. Horrible when you think about it, but I couldn't care less. I obviously consider human lives more important than the mouse's own. I don't think me or these sickos is going to kill anybody.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
A lot of serial killers get their start by killing animals at a young age. IF anything these kids should have to see a shrink for the next couple of years.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
It's a cat. Still sick minded, but most people don't consider other animals as much as they do humans. Every time a mousetrap in my basement catches something, I toss it in a plastic bag, bash the pests head on the curb, and throw it in the garbage. Horrible when you think about it, but I couldn't care less. I obviously consider human lives more important than the mouse's own. I don't think me or these sickos is going to kill anybody.
When you kill a mouse it's because it's a nuisance. When these kids stoned then hanged a cat, it was for recreation or experimentation. Do you see the difference?

It takes a certain type of person to kill an innocent animal, especially if it's a kid. Pretty scary shit.

But this thread has diverged.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
AZ boy accused of killing 2 released from detention

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/northernarizona/story/Source-AZ-boy-accused-of-killing-2-released-from/cKqMn0YiDU260fjGKMLrYg.cspx

[quote author=abc15.com]Sources familiar with the case involving a 9-year-old boy accused of killing his father and another man said the boy was released into the custody of his mother after a hearing Thursday morning.

The two sources who asked not to be named were unsure how long the St. Johns boy would be free.

ABC15 has been unable to confirm what, if any, conditions were placed on the boy or his mother as part of the release.

John Adreas, spokesperson for the family of murder victim Tim Romans said, "It's not really a surprise, but we're stunned."

The boy was granted temporary releases during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but has been held in detention otherwise.

Two hearings were scheduled this morning in Apache County. The first happened behind closed doors.

In the second, the judge has expected to hear arguments whether to dismiss one of two murder charges against a 9-year-old boy. That hearing was continued until next week.

The boy faces two counts of premeditated murder in the Nov. 5 deaths of his father and another man. Prosecutors want Roca to drop the charge stemming from the death of the boy's father, 29-year-old Vincent Romero.

If Roca grants the motion, it would allow prosecutors to re-file the charge when the boy is older and try him as an adult.

Defense Attorney Ronald Wood is asking the judge to drop both charges against the boy without prejudice, which means the charges could not be filed again at a later date.

Roca had said he wouldn't rule on the motion until the boy's competency is determined. The state Court of Appeals said last week that nothing precludes Roca from doing so.

That competency hearing is scheduled two weeks from now. The competency hearing would determine if the boy can understand the charges against him and contribute to his own defense.

Legal experts said prosecutors are anxious to see one charge against the boy dropped before the competency hearing so that if the boy is determined incompetent to stand trial at this time, the dropped charge could be refiled when the boy is older and able to understand the charges against him. [/quote]

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Boy pleads guilty to negligent homicide in St. Johns murders
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/northernarizona/story/Boy-pleads-guilty-to-negligent-homicide-in-St/cAqgOYi3mUCTq1HA2q9gyA.cspx

A 9-year-old eastern Arizona boy accused of killing his father and another man has pleaded guilty to a single count of negligent homicide during a scheduled change of plea hearing.
Two premeditated murder charges for the deaths of his father and the roommate were dropped as part of the Thursday plea deal.
The negligent homicide charge is tied to the death of 39-year-old Timothy Romans.
The boy entered the plea before Apache County Superior Court Judge Michael Roca in St. Johns.
He had previously pleaded not guilty in the Nov. 5 deaths of his father and Romans.
The boy was 8 at the time of the killings.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys had been negotiating a plea agreement for the past month.
The boy appeared in the courtroom Thursday wearing jeans, a short sleeve button down shirt and hiking boots.
Observers in the courtroom described his mood as upbeat as he sat next to his Mom.
The two joked back and forth with one another and with defense attorneys. The boy was so talkative, at one point his Mom had to quiet him down.
The boy's mood changed, however, once the plea agreement was accepted by the judge. He was visibly upset, sitting with his head in his hands.
His mother cried during the proceedings. Through her attorney, she made it clear she did not agree with the plea agreement and doesn't think her son committed the murder.
The plea agreement was signed by the boy and his attorneys, however his mother did not sign.
The boy will remain in her custody and according to the agreement, the conditions of his probation could be moved to another county or another state if she decides to move him.
According to the plea deal, the boy will not serve time in the state juvenile corrections system. He could still be sentenced to a county facility.
The agreement states that the boy be on probation until he is 18.
It also mandates he undergo a complete diagnostic evaluation at the ages of 9, 12, 15, 17 and 17½.
The psychiatrist conducting those evaluations will make any recommendations regarding the boy’s probation. That person would also determine if the boy needs any counseling or prescription medication for his mental health.
According to the deal, the boy will not be allowed to enroll in any public, private or charter school until a psychiatrist determines that he does not pose a threat to himself or the public.
It also states the boy cannot use or possess any dangerous weapons or reside in a home where there are weapons.
The document says the boy will have no contact with the victims' families unless someone files a written request with the court and the judge grants it.
Missing from the courtroom Thursday was Tanya Romans, wife of murder victim Timothy Romans, and Romans family spokesperson John Andreas.

Top Bottom