Berserk PC RPG GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
titogod said:
gaiden can mean flashback, so there you go, watch the ORIGIN of berserk, before guts is the blackswordsman.
Hahaha, I give up man. You can call it whatever you want, obviously. Just don't try to give me, or anyone, a lesson in the usage of Japanese. Gaiden does not _mean_ origin. Nor does it _mean_ flashback. The word means "side story."

It does not have poor dialogue.
"You are still too inexperience" to know you're wrong.  :badbone: Anyway, the dialogue nor the title are going to be the stumbling blocks for those that actually play the game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
titogod said:
well I had to add a character, And the only one was puck.

A "gaiden" could have introduced another character and shown Guts going on different adventures. Wouldn't be worse than having characters be there in a retelling of the story when they aren't supposed to.

titogod said:
there you go, watch the ORIGIN of berserk, before guts is the blackswordsman.

That's in the main story already (it's called the Golden Age arc). It's not the origin of Berserk, just that of Guts and his feud agaisnt the God Hand.

titogod said:
It does not have poor dialogue.

Dude, sorry to break it to you, but the game is not all that good in general. So with that in mind, I'd appreciate if you took criticism with a little more philosophy. The problems people are pointing out will allow you to progress and make better games in the future. If you ignore everything and just pretend that it's flawless, then you'll never go anywhere.

T

titogod

"Ok, please tell us the perspective then."

from god's perspective

Gaiden = "However, some gaiden are RETOLD stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback."

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
titogod said:
from god's perspective

Come on now, that's ridiculous. Why don't you focus on your game instead of arguing about this? Trying to work around the wording of that Wikipedia article won't get you anywhere. It's not like it's the supreme authority on what the word means anyway.

T

titogod

Aazealh said:
Come on now, that's ridiculous. Why don't you focus on your game instead of arguing about this? Trying to work around the wording of that Wikipedia article won't get you anywhere. It's not like it's the supreme authority on what the word means anyway.

LOL don't like it when am right do you?

GAIDEN definition:

""However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback."

in this case it is being retold from god's perspective, it is a flashback, showing the origin of the story.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
titogod said:

GAIDEN definition:

""However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback."

titogod said:
Gaiden means origins, so this is berserk origins, its a flashback.
:troll:

in this case it is being retold from god's perspective, it is a flashback, showing the origin of the story.
Please shut up about this already. Everyone has lost interest in your game or is losing it.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
titogod said:

GAIDEN definition:

Then god's perspective is pretty messed up. Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage is more of a Gaiden than yours.

titogod said:
LOL don't like it when am wrong do you?
fixed

GAIDEN definition:

"However, some gaiden are retold stories in the perspective of a different character, similar to that of a flashback."
A quote from wikipedia doesn't qualify as definition.
And even then: similar to  =/= same as

Misapplying a word doesn't change its meaning.

If you post a flawed game you should be thankful for every constructive criticism you get.

T

titogod

A lot of people did not like puck being in chapter one.

well, here is your chance.

puck is not in the party.

Berserk ch 1 w/o puck
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G7PRR9XS

T

titogod

Untitled.png

T

titogod

BERSERK GAIDEN CHAPTER 2!!!!!

Plot in Berserk Gaiden Chapter 2

As Guts left the scene of the fight, he was attacked by the men of a greedy commander named Corkus, who was an associate of Griffith. He killed one man and wounded a second, and Griffith responded by ordering Casca, his top commander, to fight Guts. Guts had the female warrior on the brink of defeat, when Griffith himself intervened. Unlike the others, Griffith defeated Guts with the swiftness of his blade. Guts fell unconscious for a few days, and when he awoke, Griffith challenged him to a fight. Griffith insisted that if he won, Guts would have to join the Band of the Hawk and serve under his command. The Hawks' leader won the fight by putting Guts in a submission hold. He threatened to dislocate his shoulder, should Guts not join his army and as Guts refused, he did so.

Guts served the next few years under Griffith as the commander of the raider unit of the Hawks. Griffith's exploits helped the king of Midland gain territory from the kingdom of Chudor.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
titogod said:

Looks like you're the one who can't accept being wrong here. Reposting the same line will be to no avail. Everyone's just laughing at you, in case you haven't noticed.

titogod said:

It's not being retold from God's perspective. That's a load of bullshit. Is God the main character in your game? What's his perspective exactly? And how does said perspective differ from the normal perspective of Guts? As for being a flashback, it's not a flashback from the manga storyline's point of view since that flashback already occurs in it. All your game does is very poorly and very clumsily retell events already present in the manga while adding filler battles and travels that are completely inconsistent and incoherent in the context of Berserk's story. Like I already told you, trying to contort the wording of a Wikipedia article will not get you anywhere.

Instead you should work on your game, like creating a proper environment in place of having random tiles thrown around everywhere chaotically. Keeping things coherent within the Berserk world would be good too, like removing that little sea trip at the beginning (and Guts living on an island and having to pay the rent and whatnot). You could replace it with them travelling through a forest or something (removing the cave part too, and the village and everything else actually), then the castle siege. Guts had been fighting with that mercenary band for a while when he killed Bazūso (which wasn't a personal quest on his part but a spur-of-the-moment thing when Bazūso showed up). The encounter with Zodd seemed to be tongue-in-cheek, what with the reference to having the same hair and Guts needing to buy Puck clothes (even though Puck already wears clothes, a shield and a wooden club), so it didn't bother me as much, but still... Not good.

And what's this story about Lament forest or Lament village and the Death Valley? And thieves answering Adon's orders, despite just saying they want your gold over and over? Maybe the bats and "super-spiders" are under Adon's command as well? Furthermore, what's the futuristic-looking place after the cave got to do with anything? You just push rocks around, then meet the mayor (of what?) because some chick won't let you pass? And you kill him for no reason? Then in the village people are lamenting (oh I see what you did there) over how evil Bazūso is, and Carcus out of every possible characters asks you to kill him. Directly contradicting what he says in the manga when Guts does kill Bazūso (who was just a known mercenary and not the bane of innocent villagers, the leader of an army of mercenaries or the lord of a castle like you seem to believe). Or was that just a bug and his portrait shouldn't show up in the midst of the talk with the random old man?

You know, there shouldn't even be a debate about the correct use of "gaiden" here because the game isn't really related to Berserk once you remove the names and character portraits. In fact if I had to guess, I'd say you started that game before you had even heard of Berserk, then decided to give it a Berserk skin once it was almost done. The result is that your game's story makes little sense and just reeks of contradiction and misconceptions when it comes to Berserk.

Anyway, I've had bugs while playing, like the Esc. command not working, instead minimizing the window then restoring it does the trick. Only when you get past the village area, the esc. key works and minimizing the window doesn't anymore. You might want to try and fix them. I'm not sure being able to walk on the walls in the cave was a bug or not though. And I don't know if Guts' double attack skill is supposed to use SP or not, but it doesn't and so attacking normally has absolutely no point. Speaking of which, his "self-recovery" ability is useless as well, since Puck's only purpose according to you is to heal Guts (contradicted by the fact he can cast fire and ice on enemies), which he does very well.

titogod said:
A lot of people did not like puck being in chapter one.

well, here is your chance.

puck is not in the party.

Berserk ch 1 w/o puck
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G7PRR9XS

I think it's more like a lot of people didn't like chapter 1, period. Puck himself isn't a big deal (though the dialogue between Guts & Puck is pretty bad and not really representative of their relationship, though you obviously think it is). What bothers people is the incongruousness of having him accompany Guts at that particular point in time. Which is precisely what you didn't fix here. You left Puck and his dialogue with Guts in the game and only made him unplayable in battle (making the game that much harder since it's all based on his ability to heal Guts). But when you get to that, Puck really isn't much of a problem compared to the rest of the game (a sea trip to go kill Bazūso in order to pay the rent of the island Guts lives on, then you wander in a cave and fight a bunny girl who owns a pub, etc.). Half of it doesn't make any sense at all. Like the fact you've already got 3 times as much gold as killing Bazūso is worth by the time you're halfway through the cave. Since we're on the subject, by the way, I'd like to point out that we're told how much gold Guts earned from killing him in the manga: 7 gold coins. Not 700. Anyway there are so many errors to point out that I really don't want to bother, but for the sake of helping you get better, here's a non-exhaustive list of some other problematic elements I noticed:

- You refer to Puck alternatively as "elf" and "fairy". The correct word is elf and it'd be better to harmonize all references in the game in that regard.
- Random battles start happening in the cave but they're useless since you can escape every single time without receiving a penalty.
- After the village, you can push most enemies around without fighting them.
- The artwork for "Archers" actually shows chicks with weird swords. And they cast spells.
- A sword in a rock? Squirrels? That stuff is straight out of Zelda 3's Master Sword scene. Why is it in the game at all?
- Guts' abilities are all useless except for the double attack one you originally have.
- Guts can evade while being stunned. Makes no sense.
- It's funny that in the end, Puck does more damage to Bazūso with magic than Guts with his attacks, since he's supposed to be the healer.
- It says the reward for killing Bazūso is 600 gold coins, yet it ends up being 700 when you do kill him.
- After you defeat Bazūso and are told that the battle has ended, random battles still occur for no reason at all. Battles involving enemies you do not have to fight through the story (knights and purple knights).
- After the credits you do not return to the title screen but remain in the game with nothing left to do.
- Last but not least, asking for donations and threatening to stop making those games if you don't get enough of them felt really inappropriate to me.

titogod said:
Plot in Berserk Gaiden Chapter 2

As Guts left the scene of the fight, he was attacked by the men of a greedy commander named Corkus, who was an associate of Griffith. He killed one man and wounded a second, and Griffith responded by ordering Casca, his top commander, to fight Guts. Guts had the female warrior on the brink of defeat, when Griffith himself intervened. Unlike the others, Griffith defeated Guts with the swiftness of his blade. Guts fell unconscious for a few days, and when he awoke, Griffith challenged him to a fight. Griffith insisted that if he won, Guts would have to join the Band of the Hawk and serve under his command. The Hawks' leader won the fight by putting Guts in a submission hold. He threatened to dislocate his shoulder, should Guts not join his army and as Guts refused, he did so.

Sounds like a step-by-step retelling of what happens in the manga (though you misunderstand Carcus' reasons for attacking Guts). Though if it's anything like the first part, it might not have much in common with Berserk in the end. Anyway, the fighting system looks better in this one, but I'm not sure it'll be very clear. However there's a problem with the text and I can't see it at all (I could see it in the first game just fine), so I haven't been able to look at the game in detail. You might want to look into that. I also couldn't help but notice like Walter that you've been using material from this site for your game (even BiQ--'s avatar is in there). Would have been nice of you to ask before doing so.

titogod said:

I recommend you to translate the name as "Tudor".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow8 said:
BERSERK GAIDEN CHAPTER 2!!!!! does'nt work for me, when i play the screen is black.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/Cable10/Sanstitre-3.jpg

That's the problem I encountered as well. The text doesn't show up. If you keep pressing enter you'll get to the game, but you still won't be able to read any text in there, and obviously no one would want to miss the wonderful dialogue titogod has prepared for us. It's probably related to the font used. Since it's not a standard font and since we don't have it installed, we can't see anything.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I played as much as I could. This isn't a Berserk RPG. It's a horribly repetitive battle simulator involving portraits of Berserk characters. I stopped shortly after the lesbian bunny poisoned me and Guts yelled "KILL HER!!!!". Play at your own risk, people...

T

titogod

Walter said:
Well, I played as much as I could. This isn't a Berserk RPG. It's a horribly repetitive battle simulator involving portraits of Berserk characters. I played as much as I could. I stopped shortly after the lesbian bunny poisoned me and Guts yelled "KILL HER!!!!". Play at your own risk, people...

that's the first one. [chapter 1]

T

titogod

I changed the font and now I am uploading a new one with the new font. i was using algerian font, now century gothic.

Walter said:
Very astute. Are you going to continue to ignore the criticism Aaz spent time writing up for you?

that's his opinion, I got mine, you got yours.

by the way if you watch the anime, zodd's hair is just like guts, father and child.

- You refer to Puck alternatively as "elf" and "fairy". The correct word is elf and it'd be better to harmonize all references in the game in that regard. / change it.

- Random battles start happening in the cave but they're useless since you can escape every single time without receiving a penalty. /if they are random you can escape.

- After the village, you can push most enemies around without fighting them./you run the risk of getting kill by stronger enemies

- The artwork for "Archers" actually shows chicks with weird swords. And they cast spells./they are archers.

- A sword in a rock? Squirrels? That stuff is straight out of Zelda 3's Master Sword scene. Why is it in the game at all?/it's a forest with animals, I don't know where you live, but in a forest there are animals.

- Guts' abilities are all useless except for the double attack one you originally have./he has a dual attack and double attack, HAS SELFRECOVERY AND TRIPLE ATTACK.

- It's funny that in the end, Puck does more damage to Bazūso with magic than Guts with his attacks, since he's supposed to be the healer./ it's magic but i will make bazuso stronger against magic if you like, I just did so.

- It says the reward for killing Bazūso is 600 gold coins, yet it ends up being 700 when you do kill him./ where do you get 700??? its always 600, i just checked.

- After you defeat Bazūso and are told that the battle has ended, random battles still occur for no reason at all. Battles involving enemies you do not have to fight through the story (knights and purple knights)./just wanted to add more action.

- After the credits you do not return to the title screen but remain in the game with nothing left to do./ alright i will add a game over screen then.

- Last but not least, asking for donations and threatening to stop making those games if you don't get enough of them felt really inappropriate to me. / well I need money for the server, web page, development, and other stuff, as of right now we are making the web page.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
titogod said:
that's his opinion, I got mine, you got yours.
I would say those are facts. Most of the stuff Aaz mentioned was stuff that was wrong with the game itself.

titogod said:
by the way if you watch the anime, zodd's hair is just like guts, father and child.

By the way if you read the manga you can see that their hair is not the same. To be more exact Zodd has a widows peak, Guts doesn't. Even if their hair is spiky for both of them is still not the same. Oh and there was no wikipedia page to see if their hair was different.

T

titogod

sorry but opinions are not facts.

some stuff are facts but not all.

even the other moderator said it was criticism.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
titogod said:

Not "just like" it, actually. I had hopes you were joking about that, but it seems I was deluded. Is Zodd really Guts' father?! :isidro: Amazing. Anyway, you know, the anime isn't much of a reference for anything.

titogod said:
- You refer to Puck alternatively as "elf" and "fairy". The correct word is elf and it'd be better to harmonize all references in the game in that regard. / change it.

Yes? You mean you've changed it?

titogod said:
- Random battles start happening in the cave but they're useless since you can escape every single time without receiving a penalty. /if they are random you can escape.

I know you can escape, I just said so. My point is that it makes them mostly useless. You can use them to grind gold and XP, but it's not needed to finish the game and they felt like a typical time sink to me.

titogod said:
- After the village, you can push most enemies around without fighting them./you run the risk of getting kill by stronger enemies

They're of the same strength (mercenaries) than the ones almost until the end, before the last boss. Then there are squires added but that's it.

titogod said:
- The artwork for "Archers" actually shows chicks with weird swords. And they cast spells./they are archers.

They are not holding bows. Just saying.

titogod said:
- A sword in a rock? Squirrels? That stuff is straight out of Zelda 3's Master Sword scene. Why is it in the game at all?/it's a forest with animals, I don't know where you live, but in a forest there are animals.

It's not much of a forest actually, but the point is why is there a sword stuck in a rock? What purpose does it serve? What is the relation with Berserk?

titogod said:
- Guts' abilities are all useless except for the double attack one you originally have./he has a dual attack and double attack, HAS SELFRECOVERY AND TRIPLE ATTACK.

And those are all useless except for the double attack (or dual attack, I forgot which one it is) one you originally have, like I said. Self-recovery in particular, since Puck's only purpose is to heal you. Though to be honest I didn't get the triple attack one. Do you get it once you reach level 10? I think my Guts was only level 9. In any case, I had no problem finishing the game without it.

titogod said:
- It's funny that in the end, Puck does more damage to Bazūso with magic than Guts with his attacks, since he's supposed to be the healer./ it's magic but i will make bazuso stronger against magic if you like, I just did so.

Well it's up to you, I don't really mind either way. I don't plan on finishing the game again. It just seemed strange to me.

titogod said:
- It says the reward for killing Bazūso is 600 gold coins, yet it ends up being 700 when you do kill him./ where do you get 700??? its always 600, i just checked.

I assure you that the message when you kill Bazūso tells you you've earned 700 gold and 700 XP.

titogod said:
- After you defeat Bazūso and are told that the battle has ended, random battles still occur for no reason at all. Battles involving enemies you do not have to fight through the story (knights and purple knights)./just wanted to add more action.

OK I guess...

titogod said:
- After the credits you do not return to the title screen but remain in the game with nothing left to do./ alright i will add a game over screen then.

Yes, good idea I think.

titogod said:
- Last but not least, asking for donations and threatening to stop making those games if you don't get enough of them felt really inappropriate to me. / well I need money for the server, web page, development, and other stuff, as of right now we are making the web page.

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom