Berserk PS2 Game - Cinematics

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Aazealh, I got the game as well and I already watched all the cinemas using cube media player, but i was wondering what program/s you used to convert them?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
Aazealh, I got the game as well and I already watched all the cinemas using cube media player, but i was wondering what program/s you used to convert them?

Well, there's a few actually, first you've got to extract the PSS files from the default AFS ones (with AFS explorer or rippss for example, there's plenty of choice), then you need to extract (and demultiplex) the video and audio stream from the PSS, various softwares like TMPGEnc can do it.

By the way, when you say you watched all of them with Cude Media Player, is it really all of them? Didn't some have a problem? Because there's 5 files that I can't get to read no matter what, all supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd part of a divided scene. Not a big deal, but I wonder why it doesn't work.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Ahh ok thanks for the tips. I was thinking of capturing them by playing them and using a screen capture program but all it would capture when i tried was a black screen, it might work is i disable video acceleration or something.

Im not positive it was all the movies, but all the ones that cube media player detected did play fine. A few were duplicates though. I can count them later but there was at least more than 50 i believe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
Ahh ok thanks for the tips. I was thinking of capturing them by playing them and using a screen capture program but all it would capture when i tried was a black screen, it might work is i disable video acceleration or something.

You can't get it to work like that, the same way you can't make a screenshot of it, need some specific soft. The best way would be a direct capture using some video acquisition card I guess.

Anyway, I'm fine with the result I get for now.

Serpico said:
I can count them later but there was at least more than 50 i believe.

There's approximately 80, counting the logos.

dwarfkicker said:
Aazealh, please tell me the cinemas with Zodd aren't the ones that you are unable to convert.

It's not these ;D. But some with the Occultation flashback, one after the BKA04 file I posted where Guts sees that Casca is in danger and comes back to himself, and 2 others when Schierke casts the magical barrier to protect the church in Enoch.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You asked for Zodd, so Zodd. I'll also try to add some scenes when Guts and co get to Flora's mansion and find it burning, as well as Charles' transformation and a few Hawks parts.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aaz, what exactally is "Charlies Home" and do you enter it in a cinematic, or do you just encounter it through gameplay?

Those Berserker armour clips were great, I was particularly impressed with the way Guts was thrown after a blow from Gurunberds hammer in the first scene, looked fantastic.

Thanks again Aazealh.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
Aaz, what exactally is "Charlies Home" and do you enter it in a cinematic, or do you just encounter it through gameplay?

It's "Charles", pronounced the French way 8).

And you do see it while playing, but it's just a part of the background, you enter it during a cinematic, then spends like 2 minutes inside (nothing happens, you see Charles' sister, follow her without reason in empty corridors while Charles keeps screaming "don't come", "stop", "don't get any closer", "go away please", etc, then you get to fight Judo, Pippin and Corcas, after disrupting some illusionary ball).

After the fight, you realize that the mansion is in fact some abandoned ruin, and just go on with your journey to Elfhelm (it happens at the beginning of the story, in the snowy landscape). But Charles won't let you go so easily, since you messed up with him, and decides to follow you (you encounter him again in the Qliphoth).

-----------

Ok guys, here's the new batch:

Puck talking about Elfhelm

Charles transforming into his apostle form

The Hill of Swords 01
The Hill of Swords 02
The Hill of Swords 03

Flora's mansion under attack 01
Flora's mansion under attack 02

The final confrontation
The escape

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Im not a big fan of removal of certain scenes and action, but I am a big fan of the awesome graphic quality of these videos.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Im  not a big fan of removal of certain scenes and action, but I am a big fan of the awesome graphic quality of these videos.

Same here. They mutilated the story, removed cool parts, deformed others, and added fillers. But it's all in order to have you fight more so it's ok to me, I guess we can consider it an alternate universe à la Marvel ;).

My bro saw the scene where Guts apparently killed Grunbeld and then saw Zodd chasing the others down only to be stoped by the fire. He hated it. He thought it should have followed the storyline as the mange had it. In order for that to have happened, Zodd would have beaten Skull Knight in order to fight Guts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
If it was only that, there are many other parts that differ from the manga storyline... I'll try to make a "detailled" review some time soon, and I'll talk about what I liked and disliked (gameplay, storyline, music, cinematics, the prize box, etc).

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
In the Eclipse cinematic, you don't get to see Caska's rape(not that I thought we would), nor do you see Femto. Actually, you get a feeling Griffith gets reborn as "Millenium Falcon Griffith" straight away, like there was never any Femto at all. And since you don't see Caska in danger, the scene in which Guts arm gets caught in these big jaws just doesn't look that powerful, it actually looks really different.
Still, this game is so awesome, I wouldn't want to restrain anybody here who hasn't bought it yet to do just that!! Besides, I suppose there was no way that cinematic could have been depicted like in the manga or the series even if only because of its underlying hentaï aspect. Too bad there's no Femto, though, my guess is they didn't want to confuse gamers unfamiliar with the original storyline...Cool cinematic nonetheless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the Hawks also don't die like they do in the manga, and Casca's of course wearing her armor when Guts sees her held by the apostles, so she's in danger somehow, but it doesn't have the same impact for sure.

We're not going to enumerate everything here, but they simplified many parts of the story in order to make it easier to get for people that didn't know the story, the same way they tried to give it a more or less consistent plot with a beginning and an end for someone who wouldn't know anything about Berserk.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
New videos:

Charles' Mansion 01
Charles' Mansion 02
Charles' Mansion 03

Introducing the Spriggans

The scenes you get after definitely defeating each illusion of the Hawks created by Charles:

Corcas defeated
Pippin defeated
Judo defeated
Casca defeated

Charles confronting you to Griffith:

Griffith 01
Griffith 02

The Ending 01
The Ending 02 (I cut the ending credits that are in between these 2 scenes)

Remembering the Occultation

They may be inaccessible at first, since my hosting service seems to be having problems. If so, try again when my avatar will show :p.

Top Bottom