Brand???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jaken said:
I'm just being stupid, don't I? bah I'm a newbie, I may do it a little longer

Hello, and well, it was ok until you started with thehawks.org's stolen translations related theories. It would have been better for you to check older threads before posting yourself.

Like (non-exhaustive):

About causality.
About the prophecy.
About the Falcon of Light/Darkness.

jaken said:
About the mark on the egg apostle tongue, it's bound to be a proof that he sacrified himself to make is dream come true.

He didn't exactly sacrifice himself, but "the world around him, that he knew". It means all the people living there, that died during Griffith's incarnation ceremony, the tower, actually everything at that place, including himself. That's why you can see the brand formed by campfires, before the Occultation mirroring begins.

It's actually quite selfish in many ways, he didn't like the world he lived in, so he wished for a better one, and the others that were part of it, well, too bad for them.

On second thoughts, the egg apostle is not different from the other one. He is quite selfish. But I wonder : did he die? has he been taken in the same place as the count? Or is he still somewhere? The behelit is supposed to survive a ceremony, so where did he go?

about the translation of the hawk, I understand it is full of mistakes. But why do you call it stolen?

By the way glenat has started to translate and release Berserk in French (3 volumes up to now, with one new every month) I''ll look carefully how this part is translated :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jaken said:
On second thoughts, the egg apostle is not different from the other one. He is quite selfish.

Yeah well, that's what I said just above.

jaken said:
But I wonder : did he die?

Yes, he most probably died in the process.

jaken said:
has he been taken in the same place as the count?

If I had to answer I'd say he is.

jaken said:
The behelit is supposed to survive a ceremony, so where did he go?

He wasn't a beherit himself, he just asked for a "perfect body shape" and was given that form (talk about a subjective take on things).

jaken said:
about the translation of the hawk, I understand it is full of mistakes. But why do you call it stolen?

Because they stole it ::).

They stole all of their translations from here basically, or from members of this site at least (this one would be from Eirias I think), and often before any kind of correction or revision was made, which explains why there are so many errors/blanks. There are many threads talking about this already, you can make a search if you want to learn more.

It actually seems to be a trend for people scanlating Berserk to steal stuff from here, probably because they're opportunists that can't do shit on their own.

jaken said:
By the way glenat has started to translate and release Berserk in French (3 volumes up to now, with one new every month)

Yeah, nothing new.

jaken said:
I''ll look carefully how this part is translated :)

See you in 3 years then.

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency
Hey, about the egg apostle, for some odd reason (don't laugh) I thought that he sacrificed himself out of pity for human suffering, even though his intentions were to destroy the current humanity, but I think his motivation was - to put them out of their misery...

Does anyone agree?

D

darkbane

Try as you want, Aazealh, but I think that is still a comma splice. ;D

Edit: Also, I think the egg appostle was wallowing in self-pity so much that pity for other beings would not cross his mind. Not too sure on this though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
Try as you want, Aazealh, but I think that is still a comma splice.  ;D

Well, there's a limit to improving something while keeping it somehow identical. Removed the post anyway as it didn't have much purpose, edited instead. :p

darkbane said:
Also, I think the egg appostle was wallowing in self-pity so much that pity for other beings would not cross his mind. Not too sure on this though.

Yeah, basically he didn't like the world, I don't think others' opinions mattered much to him. He did help the goat guy and Mozgus in some way though, but it served his own goals. I stated that in my previous posts already, that's why I didn't bother replying to Stifler.

Top Bottom