Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Those are hot screenshots! Looks like the cartoony character designs are out, and I say good riddance to them. It's good to see a new enemy and I hope IGA adds a lot more instead of reusing characters I've been killing since Rondo of Blood. Also I hope for a few new remixed tracks since PoR had the best versions of Iron Blue Intention and Theme of Simon I've heard. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make this my early prediction for greatest game of all time. It's definitely at the top of my most wanted list!

Aazealh said:
Oh well, in any case we both know we'll buy it. :void:

Hehe, you could bet on that!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Those are hot screenshots! Looks like the cartoony character designs are out, and I say good riddance to them.

Yeah, seriously they were long to get a clue about this one. I still wonder who was the genius who came up with that idea.

handsome rakshas said:
It's good to see a new enemy and I hope IGA adds a lot more instead of reusing characters I've been killing since Rondo of Blood.

Yeah, the oldest sprites are actually from Super Castlevania IV, and I'm sure practically 50% of the rest comes from Rondo. It was cool in SotN, then it progressively made Konami look cheaper and cheaper.

handsome rakshas said:
Also I hope for a few new remixed tracks since PoR had the best versions of Iron Blue Intention and Theme of Simon I've heard. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make this my early prediction for greatest game of all time. It's definitely at the top of my most wanted list!

Haha, well if it's as good as the two Sorrow games I'll already be happy.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Again, I'm really digging the art on this one!

Yeah, looks pretty cool. I won't miss Ayami Kojima's style as long as what they use in its place isn't outright lame and sloppy.

I can't wait for the first trailer :beast:

Scans from the Nintendo Power Mag :
http://pix.nofrag.com/f/e/4/ba324d5c74763dc5775f5642673b5.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/d/9/e/32916f17de7405acec0426aa68f33.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/b/b/9/d66714ccdbf443da323c851176b30.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/4/9/e/a138a8ecacef9597d72134b5b1b63.html
http://pix.nofrag.com/a/d/8/b25d281f5588fc84da7b4f636b6dc.html

I really love the new chara design/artwork (and I doubt it's Kojima's work) . They fit really well to the Castlevania's "cold" atmosphere.
On the last page/url we can see a "worldmap" and the following sentence : The new world map makes Transylvania larger and more diverse than ever before.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I was screwing around with the camera today and thought I'd take a pic of my CV collection, enjoy!

DSC00846.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
I was screwing around with the camera today and thought I'd take a pic of my CV collection, enjoy!

Damn man, I can't compete! You're a true fan indeed. :guts:

handsome rakshas said:
I was screwing around with the camera today and thought I'd take a pic of my CV collection, enjoy
Impressive :serpico: The black box sealed is the limited Portrait of Ruin edition exclusived to Gamestop right ?

For the trailer, it's amazing. It seems that the gameplay and the graphic effects use the DS' capabilities to their full potential. As usual, it's possible to recognize some areas and monsters but there's a real effort to refresh/increase completely the concept on DS. Shanoa is very charismatic as well. :badbone:

You lucky people :void:
Iga said recently that Shanoa isn't the real name of the character but a code name. We can expect some revelation during the game.
Also, the main gameplay mecanic is called the Glyph system.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that did look really good, I have to admit. I wasn't that interested in the game until the trailer.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
NOW IS THE TIME OF YOUR DEMISE! The artwork on this game is so beautiful, and the new enemies and areas look fantastic. If my entire gaming life consisted of waiting for the new Castlevania game and playing the new game I'd be happy. I'm also excited to see a playable character that uses guns as his primary weapon as they toyed with the idea in the Sorrow games. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

handsome rakshas said:
I'm also excited to see a playable character that uses guns as his primary weapon as they toyed with the idea in the Sorrow games. Needless to say, I'm very excited.
Yeah me too :guts: I don't know why but I usually really love the mix of guns and (occult) magic powers. Last time I really enjoy the idea was in a Garo episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Casan said:
Update! Some new (I think?) game play footage.

The guy playing really sucks, but the game itself... Whoa. Looks fantastic I think. I hope the game's long and features more unique enemies, bosses, gameplay mechanics and the like. I'm quite excited about this.

Top Bottom