Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

hey Ice, one of my friends who has a streamload account's lettin me borrow it for now. so if its not too much trouble, could you or someone else who has the Bebop movie, send it to dbzpiccolo16?
i really appreciate it!

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
I hate being out of the loop now.....damn college....if you want free time, don't do a double major if it involves chemical enigeering...sigh...

Ya the Bebop movie was good stuff....got it a week ago...and it's still in my head (though mind you not as long as Berserk stayed.....)

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
hey Ice, one of my friends who has a streamload account's lettin me borrow it for now. so if its not too much trouble, could you or someone else who has the Bebop movie, send it to dbzpiccolo16?
i really appreciate it!

No prob, sending it now!  :)

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!
I am glad the Bebop movie was made the way it was, but I have a feeling that it won't be out here in the US anytime soon because of the storyline hitting kinda close to home... I did found it creepy that the city that the movie was in was like some Neo NYC, which I am guessing that is what it was since they are/were supposed to be on Mars?

Bebop movie is MUCH BETTER then the Escaflowne movie.. IMHO

Danielle

on a semi-related note, does anyone have any Lupin eps theyd care to share on streamload or anywhere else? ive been trying to catch a glimpse at this series since its supposed to share some similarities with Bebop (well, Spike is supposed to be similar to Lupin anyway). plus, miyazaki had something to do with the series, so it should be great...

just wondering... :-/

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
yippeee, just watched the movie knockin on heaven's door.
just love bebop style. one of the most important post evangelion anime, imho.
btw,
how come it got divxed so quickly?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Warning, spoilers

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I HATED Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

I mean, I really thought it blew.

Warning, spoilers
1. No remixes of Tank, or The Real Folk Blues. These two songs really symbolized a huge part of Cowboy Bebop to me, I'd think they should have included some variation of em.

2. The music in general, it blew, I'm too lazy to check hte credits, but that couldn't have been Yoko Kanno, could it? The music in the TV series really MADE the series. Well, maybe not, but they were a huge part of it. I thought they really fit with the style. There were a few tracks which seemed slightly reminicent of those in the TV series, but for the most part, I thought it didn't fit, especialy the track that played during the opening credits (amazing animation though)

3. The plot....... I dunno, I kinda felt there was a bit left out. I can't point to any specific plot holes, but it just felt as if there was a loss of continuity somewhere. Also, the details of the nano "virus" are a little vague. And there is the whole fact that they never try and give an explaination to why Spike and Vincent look like the exact same guy, just 20 years later.

The whole dealy with the scientist, hiding in that middle eastern community, under a new identity, I dunno, it just seemed like little more than an excuse to throw in an explaination for the nano virus. It also didn't seem that feasable (not like anything really does in anime), but I just didn't buy it.

The plot itself just seemed like a way to tie together a bunch of concepts, and a few fight scenes.

I found myself imensly bored throughout most of the film.

4. Style, I just didn't see the same type of stuff that really made Cowboy Bebop good. I can't really put my finger on it, but there was just something that made me say "this isn't cowboy bebop". Sure, Spike, and Faye, Ed, and Ein, and of course Jet were all there, but I dunno. Just didn't feel like cowboy bebop to me.

The cameos by the old men felt way too forced, and it was obvious they were just looking for an excuse to throw in the Swordfish.

5. Fight scenes. The fight scenes, while damn good, are short, and sparse. There are really only 3 fight scenes, 2 (both between Spike and Vincent) that were any good.

Overall, I was not impressed, what can I say. I may be the only one out there who thinks this, but I hated the film. And yes, Cowboy Bebop (TV series) is infact, my favorite anime series.

PS: The Escaflowne movie sucked ass.

Re: Warning, spoilers

Spoilers ahead.

1. No remixes of Tank, or The Real Folk Blues. These two songs really symbolized a huge part of Cowboy Bebop to me, I'd think they should have included some variation of em.
I don't. I mean... "Why?" ^^;
These songs were "important" because they were the OP/ED, obviously, but apart from that? ^^;
2. The music in general, it blew, I'm too lazy to check hte credits, but that couldn't have been Yoko Kanno, could it?
It's her.
The music in the TV series really MADE the series. Well, maybe not, but they were a huge part of it. I thought they really fit with the style. There were a few tracks which seemed slightly reminicent of those in the TV series, but for the most part, I thought it didn't fit, especialy the track that played during the opening credits (amazing animation though)
You think it should have been "reminiscent" of the TV series musics?
Er... Which ones? ^^;;
I thought one of the main points of the music in Cowboy Bebop was its variety?
3. The plot....... I dunno, I kinda felt there was a bit left out. I can't point to any specific plot holes, but it just felt as if there was a loss of continuity somewhere.
Why? ^^;
The only thing that bothered me was that it looked like Vincent was somehow "immortal" at least twice, but there never was some kind of explanation as to how he survived exactly...
Also, the details of the nano "virus" are a little vague.
What did you want to know? ^^;
And there is the whole fact that they never try and give an explaination to why Spike and Vincent look like the exact same guy, just 20 years later.
What?? ^___^;
Overall, I was not impressed, what can I say. I may be the only one out there who thinks this, but I hated the film.
Er... Were you "not impressed", or did you "hate it"? ^^;
It certainly did.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I HATED Knockin' on Heaven's Door.
well I do disagree, thats a starter...

No remixes of Tank, or The Real Folk Blues. These two songs really symbolized a huge part of Cowboy Bebop to me, I'd think they should have included some variation of em.

I'm kinda glad that those songs were not used in the movie.  While I love those songs, and they do symbolize the show, I beleive its for that reason that I'm glad they weren't used.  I would have felt that I was watching just another episode.  I wanted to feel like it was something "more".

The music in general, it blew, I'm too lazy to check hte credits, but that couldn't have been Yoko Kanno, could it?

generally, I thought the music was good.  That song that started out with something to the effect of "don't wanna pop your cherry", being played along with the air planes in flight.  didn't seem to "fit" to me.  But pretty much everything else was good.

Style, I just didn't see the same type of stuff that really made Cowboy Bebop good. I can't really put my finger on it, but there was just something that made me say "this isn't cowboy bebop". Sure, Spike, and Faye, Ed, and Ein, and of course Jet were all there, but I dunno. Just didn't feel like cowboy bebop to me.

I felt it had a lot of bebop style.  comedy/action/drama... it was all there

Fight scenes. The fight scenes, while damn good, are short, and sparse. There are really only 3 fight scenes, 2 (both between Spike and Vincent) that were any good.

I thought the fight with Electra was one of the best of the movie.  Even though it was really short, it was intense :)
perhaps because I like the bo.   or in this case... a mop.

And yes, Cowboy Bebop (TV series) is infact, my favorite anime series.
yea... sure is good, ain't it?  But I think this made a welcome addition.
can't wait for the kenshin oav....

now THAT I completely agree with  ;D

icefall

Mo' spoilers.

The only thing that bothered me was that it looked like Vincent was somehow "immortal" at least twice, but there never was some kind of explanation as to how he survived exactly...

This may seem like a stretch, but I think they left it in there to give you the sense of Vincent as being trapped in some dream/nightmare... so he really couldn't die if he was totally 100% alive.

More philosophical than reality based, and I liked it because it added to his mystery (the grenade scene was the coolest looking scene with vincent imo).

well, at least everyone agrees with my closing statement........

Yeah I'm with you all on that, the movie sucked some serious buttocks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
actually I liked some of the music so much (in particular the music when the ISSP was "invading" and the song during the Swordfish/army fight) was wondering if there was a soundtrack or mp3s or something...

CnC

Ad Oculos
well I looked around and found that there is a soundtrack... but its all the vocal stuff... none of the instrumentals...
damn damn damn damn... 5 tracks my ass

icefall

well I looked around and found that there is a soundtrack... but its all the vocal stuff... none of the instrumentals...
damn damn damn damn... 5 tracks my ass

My Bebop site is almost done... I'll have the mp3's up there (I have all the good ones I think, dunno I haven't checked them yet ;))

I'll post here when the site's all set, should be a day or 2.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I totaly hated hte soundtrack, like, with a vengence.

I didn't care for the music during the opening sequence at all, that music when faye makes her enterance make me want to wretch.

The music when Spike fights Electra sounded a lot like one of the tracks off of the TV series, but I didn't even like that :/

The music when Spike is about to be thrown off the tram seemed so damn cliched.

I don't recall the music during the swordfish fight, I should probably watch it again. But I always end up getting so damn bored.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't recall the music during the swordfish fight, I should probably watch it again. But I always end up getting so damn bored

you should probably skip right to the fight, rather than watch the whole thing again ;D

ruru

nani?
that movie is great......I am once again going to chime in on IRC

This sreamload stuff just sucks.....that movie was made off a cam...someone brought a digital camera in the theater and did a really good job. Also the Vampire Hunter D movie is out...but it is a cam as well and it is not so good I heard...but we will see.

Top Bottom