Not open for further replies.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Re:Chapter 227

Graywords said:
Or perhaps the "Karyu" chapter title?​
"Kanryu" means what exactly?

Wereallmad said:
Wow, that sounds pretty likely I suppose, though it sounds like this substance can be any color. It's hard to imagine a fire-breathing dragon being crystal blue, or purple. The logical choice would be red (like you say, ruby), but on the other hand, it's kind of hard to imagine him changing his color scheme so radically (or did he... have there been any color pages with him?). I wish Miura would include more color pages.​
You'll be pleased to know I am making an attempt at colouring page 08, thanks to Ouiji's wonderful HQ scans!

I've decided on the colours I am going to use, even though I am still a little unsure. But, the dark scales will be green as will the darker part of his body, i.e. his legs, tales and neck. The lighter bigger, brighter crytal-like scales will be off white. I will probably tint it with a certain colour... althought I am really miffed about that one. Suggestions folks? Here are various examples of corundum:

corundm.jpg
corundum1.jpg
corundum.jpg

corunhead.jpg

corund.png
As you can see, it could be a very wide variety of colours. However, we don't even know what type of crytalline material it is. I don't think it is corundum, because it is much tougher than most stones and wouldn't take a head on crack like that. Did you see the way it cracked too? It was more like glass than rock.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

GoHF is right, it's not impossible to crack or break diamond or corondum with a 'weaker' type of material like iron for instance. It's only impossible to scratch it with such a material. People often tend to confuse hardness with toughness or tenacity (resistance to crushing, or breaking).

Interesting thing to add here is that corondum is actually much 'tougher' than diamond.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Uriel said:
You'll be pleased to know I am making an attempt at colouring page 08

Why would that please me?

Mizar said:
GoHF is right, it's not impossible to crack or break diamond or corondum with a 'weaker' type of material like iron for instance. It's only impossible to scratch it with such a material. People often tend to confuse hardness with toughness or tenacity (resistance to crushing, or breaking).

You're right, and I should know that considering I've not only seen a diamond being broken by an ordinary hammer (some story about debeers), but I've been told this before in highschool. I suppose I just associate a sword with cutting, not smashing, and even though there is obviously a giant crack, rather than a gash, I still think 'that's not possible'. Sometimes my brain just doesn't work.

Uriel

Olivier Hague said:
We do. It's corundum.​
Ah. I figured it was a shot at goal ^^; I guess I can choose from the aray of colours now ;D

Thanks, Puelle-san!

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Olivier Hague said:
We do. It's corundum.
It's not like I have a habit of talking out of my ass, y'know? ^^;

pardon, but where did you get that info? is it said in this chapter?

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps

Anyone caught Puck's little joke about Doraemon, the cutie robot-cat children's manga character? (grew up with it)

Isidro: Dora... dora... (meant to say 'doragon')

Puck: ...emon...

J

puella

Berserk forever

Godo said:
Anyone caught Puck's little joke about Doraemon, the cutie robot-cat children's manga character? (grew up with it)

Isidro: Dora... dora... (meant to say 'doragon')

Puck: ...emon...

J

No, I didn't find it until you told us.
haha. so funny. Puck has played so many manga/anime/movie characters! :D What a great elf!

doraemon.jpg

Dora....emo...(n)

puella

Berserk forever

p 18 )

Flora: Only you,sorcerer can do it
Schierke : Mistress!!
But I am still awkward.
My mind is so dispersed that (I can't use) magic...
Flora: Since you know your awkwardness and danger of being indluged in power, you are the one who can do it.

p 19)

Flora: You should show the way to the Black Swordsman in the middle of such turbulence of power.

** This reminds me when Schierke was indluged in magic power in vol. 25 and I also think Flora said somethig important about this relating to Guts.
She didn't know well how to control her magic power as Guts doesn't know how to control the enormous power.
She was in danger of not being able to get back to real world but finally could get back with the help of tapping sound.

What do you think?

Uriel

puella said:
p 18 )

Flora: Only you,sorcerer can do it
Schierke : Mistress!!
But I am still awkward.
My mind is so dispersed that (I can't use) magic...
Flora: Since you know your awkwardness and danger of being indluged in power, you are the one who can do it.

p 19)

Flora: You should show the way to the Black Swordsman in the middle of such turbulence of power.

** This reminds me when Schierke was indluged in magic power in vol. 25 and I also think Flora said somethig important about this relating to Guts.
She didn't know well how to control her magic power as Guts doesn't know how to control the enormous power. She was in danger of not being able to get back to real world but finally could get back with the help of tapping sound.​
I'm not sure if tapping sounds are going to bring Guts back from the paranormal maelstrom of power he's engulfed in. However, Shrieke should be able to pull him out of it somehow. He is still able to receive mind communication, right? I'm not sure, but the armour doesn't repel magic. Therefore Shrieke could perform some kind of séance to awaken Guts. The only thing is, is it wise to bring him back? Without the Beast in control over the Berserk armour, its likely Grunbeld would have crushed him long ago.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

Uriel said:
He is still able to receive mind communication, right?

No, he isn't. Schierke tried but the od's force was overwhelming. So I really wonder how Schierke is going to help Guts now, maybe she'll have to prepare some special kind of magical spell for this?

Mizar said:
No, he isn't. Schierke tried but the od's force was overwhelming. So I really wonder how Schierke is going to help Guts now, maybe she'll have to prepare some special kind of magical spell for this?

maybe Skully will help...

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it

I think that Flora will help them, cause she speak to Schierke in the chapter 227, so if she is alive, maybe she could tell Schierke how to turn back guts into his original mind.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

sendo7 said:
I think that Flora will help them, cause she speak to Schierke in the chapter 227, so if she is alive, maybe she could tell Schierke how to turn back guts into his original mind.

She must have some sort of spell on... because that's one slow-roasted grandma. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom