Games for '09

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/watch-the-playstation-motion-controller-in-action/

Video of the Playstation's motion controller in action. It's quite a bit more impressive in video than the text description I read during the show.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Well what's sure when it comes to GoW's gameplay is that it works. It's effective. Just putting a Castlevania skin on top of it would suffice to make a better product than most 3D Castlevania games so far. And it seems they've made their own thing when it comes to special attacks and whatnot, so we can be hopeful. Now of course, by the looks of it, it's going to be an action game and not an adventure game or a platformer. If you're expecting anything else... Disappointment awaits.

To be perfectly honest, despite being a Castlevania fan myself, I'm not particularly looking forward to this game. I'll buy it if it's good, but at this point I'm more interested in Bayonetta.

Yeah the Devil May Cry styled system they were using before just sucked, along with the terrible story, was what was stopping me from buying the previous games. Then again the previous 3D Castlevania's are slightly more fun then teeth pulling.

I can't see how they will put this into an action adventure setting, if they try they'll just mess it up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Since we're on the topic of cool technologies: http://kotaku.com/5279254/this-is-the-most-technically-impressive-thing-ive-seen-all-week

It does look pretty neat. Different topic, but after reading that the iPhone's going to get a 3D graphics chip and the ability to connect to controllers, and considering how many games and derivatives regularly come out for it, I'm sadly starting to think that I might have to get one after all.

Dark Void gameplay
Dark Void: Aerial Walkthrough part 01
Dark Void: Aerial Walkthrough part 02

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
That wasn't actually playing. Just controlling fov. Not really impressive, the gestures reminded me of a Macbook trackpad.

If you look at the beginning the guy does interact with the units. From what I understand the game was fully playable using Surface.

I really wanted to play Starcraft II this year, too bad it got delayed to next year :judo:. The only games that interest me this fall are Bayoneta(from the original DMC developers) and Assassin creed 2.

edit: oh great bayoneta got delayed too to next year as well. 2010 looks to be the best gaming year ever

Oburi

All praise Grail
Halo ODST is just a few weeks away! Anyone else excited by this. I know I am. A new campaign for me and my buddys to beat on legendary. Say what you will about the franchise but the campaign (always on legendary) one two players is just a purely awesome gaming experience and is always fun. Call of Duty may have the best FPS games out there as far as multiplayer goes but Halo's campaigns are way more fun.

Yeah i can't wait for ODST to come out, has anyone seen the the live action trailer it pretty awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkLykw33cI

Top Bottom