Guts' desires for sacrifice

Re: Gut's Desires For Sacrifice

Maybe Caska can be offered as sacrifice again, maybe she can't. What I'm saying is that what the Beast' comments are irrelevent to whether she can be offered or not.

Kart

Resident /b/tard

Just to stirr shit up, I'll say I think griffith could be sacrificed, but he wont be. I don't think gutts really has anything to sacrifice besides himself perhaps.

Skull Knight said:
Maybe Caska can be offered as sacrifice again, maybe she can't. What I'm saying is that what the Beast' comments are irrelevent to whether she can be offered or not.

I think you were more right with the original post. The beast probably was brought out from being in the interstice, spirits can be very persuasive I suppose.

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Well I was rereading Vol26, when i noticed somthing I never noticed before...

Berserk-v26c219p073-copy.gif

BAM! My whole berserk world was turned around. Could this be forshadowing of the future? Considering Slann's powers as a godshand, do you think she read gats mind or desires?

The more i think to this picture and the more i believe that she really were just reading Guts mind!
This doesn't necessary means Guts is gonna do it, as many things in Guts mind are changing...
but i think that DemonX had a great intuition.... This picture must mean something and i have the feeling that in the future we'll see something that we'll clear out more this situation!
(we shouldn't forget the Guts carry with him a Behelit, he never said anything about the reason why, but maybe unconsciously he wants to make a sacrifice for some reasons!)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Italian_demon said:
(we shouldn't forget the Guts carry with him a Behelit, he never said anything about the reason why, but maybe unconsciously he wants to make a sacrifice for some reasons!)

Well the beast is pushing him on to sacrifice caska... and lets not forget, slann is the only godshand who wants guts to become one of them...

Sparnage said:
I think you were more right with the original post. The beast probably was brought out from being in the interstice, spirits can be very persuasive I suppose.

I'm not sure exactly how you mean this, but I am pretty sure that the Beast is not some third-party spirit that's possessing Guts, it's just a part of himself. I would say it has become stronger and taken on a will of its own due to the pseudo-supernatural nature of the interstice.

Denial said:
I'm not sure exactly how you mean this, but I am pretty sure that the Beast is not some third-party spirit that's possessing Guts, it's just a part of himself. I would say it has become stronger and taken on a will of its own due to the pseudo-supernatural nature of the interstice.

I did not make myself to clear, I think Skull knight was right when he said "What I'm saying is that what the Beast' comments are irrelevent to whether she can be offered or not" because I also believe when the beast takes take over him and making him think it's ok to sacrifice Caska has nothing to do with the Godhand, and that she definitely cannot be sacrificed again for a different purpose.

Anyway I would say the Beast is partly a third party spirit and so is the armour. It is because of them that the darkness already inside of him his blown out of proportion and becomes a threat to Caska, he wouldn't have hurt her if it wasn't for them so they are partly the beast amplified.

Also I agree with you about it has become stronger and slowly taken on a will from being in the interstice, but the spirits would have to be a large factor of that. I don't know what you mean by "pseudo" about the supernatural nature of the interstice though, it is very much real and powerful.

Re:Gut's Desires For Sacrifice

Skull Knight said:
The beast is Guts' inner demon, not part of the God Hand.....therefore even if it is telling him to kill Caska......that in no way means he can use her as sacrifice....THE BEAST IS NOT PART OF THE GOD HAND AND IS NOT AN APOSTLE!!!!!  The beast would not know that kind of information because it IS Guts' darker half....and oviously Guts does not know, the God Hand did not sit down with their "meal" and discuss the rules and restrictions of sacrificial offerings before branding him.  SO NO.
Your right, its Guts darker half but it knows everything he does. What the Beast tries to do is seduce Guts into sacrificing someone so he can become all powerful and bite boobs.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.

Looking at the picture, one possible scenario would be that Guts sacrifices Caska to become a Godhand, giving him enough power to be able to finally kill Griffith, as well as the rest of the Godhand. But hey, what the hell do I know, I only have a cannon for an arm.

I

Italian_demon

Triggormortis said:
Looking at the picture, one possible scenario would be that Guts sacrifices Caska to become a Godhand, giving him enough power to be able to finally kill Griffith, as well as the rest of the Godhand. But hey, what the hell do I know, I only have a cannon for an arm.

That was what i was thinking long time ago before Reading the Lost Chapter!
After that i could see this is impossible!
Idea uses the Behelits to create Apostoles and the 5 GHs that are used to its plans... Guts will is to destroy the 5th GH reincarned to the Human World (practically all Idea have been working on for thousand years at least!!) so is exactly what Idea won't never allow to happen, in my opinion is out of discussion that IDEA will let GUts use a Behelit for this Goal!
Don't forget the Griffit is born as IDEA wished after a long process of DNA combination (as it says: adding Blood to Blood) and in the right enviroment to develop and begin the 5th!

I still don't see how it's possible that Guts could have the chance to use the Behelit with the potential to be a chosen being to become something greater. He is branded, his point in life was to be along side as a important person in Griffith's life before becoming a lamb to simply be sacrificed, that fucked up somehow but that doesn't mean his fate has changed to having power granted to him from a Godhand, not unless Slann goes rogue and tries something alone.

In any case it could not be Caska, she was once branded and a branded person cannot be sacrificed twice, this was stated in volume 3, chapter 2. In that same chapter the Godhand have made it clear that he wasn't chosen by destiny anyway, thats enough evidence for me to believe otherwise.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

In that same chapter the Godhand have made it clear that he wasn't chosen by destiny anyway

But they said it themselves, that they are not god and they dont know everything.

I would love to see Guts make some scrambled eggs. I've always wondered why he never tried to chop the damn thing open, either.

I

Italian_demon

Denial said:
I would love to see Guts make some scrambled eggs. I've always wondered why he never tried to chop the damn thing open, either.

I'm wondering if the Behelit have been created by IDEA or if it hides a deeper meaning and actually have been used by IDEA to access to the other dimentions of the worlds (as SK collect them and could use them as well i'm starting to wonder if they are actually under controll of IDEA, or if they are just used by IDEA!!)....
Why a Behelit has the face of a person and why he cries Blood when it's activated?
I wonder who is behind their creation... i doubt that IDEA himself could do that alone!
A magic user or very big Dramma happened to someone maybe?

DemonX said:
But they said it themselves, that they are not god and they dont know everything.

They seemed to be refering to predicting the Future perfectly rather than suddenly changing their mind and granting power to those on a matter they have total control over.
Well one way or another we will find out eventually.

I think it's obvious Guts carries the Behelit arround because he knows it's a key to the bastards that branded him.

and he thinks its cute and likes rubbing it  ;D

but seriously, he carries it around so he can figure out how to use it and when he does,

go in and kick the godhands ass, at least thats his plan 8)

(and kick other things asses too  ;))

- c

I

Italian_demon

Tarnaak said:
I think it's obvious Guts carries the Behelit arround because he knows it's a key to the bastards that branded him.

Yes that's what i thought since the beginning and i still think......
But referring to what Slann says, it might be other reasons also.... The eyes of Look don't seem to lie when she says: you want to make a sacrifice? Like him?

Anyway probably the future will show ;)

Tarnaak said:

Second. Now that he has had the Behelit this long it could not just go to anyone in the story if/when it finally does leave his hand, I don't see him losing it for a potential Apostle to pick up who had nothing to do with the story. Whoever ends up using it I expect to be tied to the story in some way now I believe.

Like Flora said if it's not for him then it will eventually leave his hand, and I still don't believe he is the one to use it unless Slann does something strange.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
Second. Now that he has had the Behelit this long it could not just go to anyone in the story if/when it finally does leave his hand, I don't see him losing it for a potential Apostle to pick up who had nothing to do with the story. Whoever ends up using it I expect to be tied to the story in some way now I believe.

Like Flora said if it's not for him then it will eventually leave his hand, and I still don't believe he is the one to use it unless Slann does something strange.

Just one little detail!
The Behelit that Guts brings with him, is not the "Crisom Behelit" but a normal Behelit that he got killing an Apostle if i'm not wrong!
So it might not necessarly stand to the same Rules of the Egg of the Conquer (or Crisom Behelit..).
If SK takes all the Behelits with him and can use their power directly or not, it must be a reason why....
This made me wonder if IDEA actually uses the Power of the Behelits or created them Himself (or Itself...).
Or if after creating them, he can actually have the full controll on them!
I mean, maybe Idea manipolating the Destiny create the condictions to put the Behelit in right hands at the right moment... but could IDEA just inactivate its powers if for some reason a Behelit will fall in the wrong hands at the right time?

;)

Sparnage:

Second. Now that he has had the Behelit this long it could not just go to anyone in the story if/when it finally does leave his hand, I don't see him losing it for a potential Apostle to pick up who had nothing to do with the story. Whoever ends up using it I expect to be tied to the story in some way now I believe

I agree. In fact, I've been a little suspcious about Isidoro (sp?). He's the only one around who seems to be most concern with his "dream", and talks a lot about  his ambition. And since Guts is the guy whom he looks up to the most, it's possible that it's something Guts does that causes his ambition to crumble. Could you imagine the guilt trip on Guts, he's responsible for not one, but two people flipping out to the Godhand  ;)

hmmmm,

you know i never thought about ishidoro that way before,

quite interesting,

well, my devilishly handsome self is goin to think about that to a little degree later,

right now im fixin to go out and see Hero, its gonna be cool!,

ishidoro turning into an apostle then helping guts and turning the table would be cool too ;D,

have a pleasant evening

- c  8)

Tarnaak said:
Sparnage:

I agree. In fact, I've been a little suspcious about Isidoro (sp?). He's the only one around who seems to be most concern with his "dream", and talks a lot about  his ambition. And since Guts is the guy whom he looks up to the most, it's possible that it's something Guts does that causes his ambition to crumble. Could you imagine the guilt trip on Guts, he's responsible for not one, but two people flipping out to the Godhand   ;)

Yes, he certainly has what it takes to use it. Not only with his ambition to grow stronger but he seems like the type to stab Guts and everyone else in the back given the appropriate situation.
Another candidate for the Behelit would be Serpico. There is already a thread about it somewhere if he were to be the one to make a deal with the Godhand and it seems possible. To set it off could be Farnese dying or something else to set of a huge amount of negative emotions, and he doesn't appear to overly like Guts as has been shown in recent chapter.

PissedSerpico.jpg

I can't see why not, he has already been betrayed twice by both Griffith and Gambino, so fate could easily send a third major betrayal towards poor Guts's way. ;D

Wow, all this speculation really makes me hungry for the next chapter. It supposed to come out today right?

Top Bottom