Guts's inevitable death?

Kart said:
i think caska will leave if she regains her sanity, or would atleast like to, Imagine the place you'd be in, insane for two years, raped by a demon, all friends killed, boyfriend a monster.

If it wasn't for the fact i doubt she'd be strong enough to defend herself against demons, and then probably kill herself from lack of rest, I do think she would like to be alone for awhile. time to regroup, figure out what happend, and get used to being around Guts again, you can't tell me you come back to sanity and are with a 7' tall sword toten, demon slaughtering, snaking eating, raw, untamed beast, he's a monster in essense, even now, he's just begin to get used to being around help.

Elfhelm?
Caska will be back.

And she is gonna Kill Griff.

xechnao said:
Caska will be back.

And she is gonna Kill Griff.

What the hell? Since when was the main character Caska? If they let HER kill Griffith, then Berserk is a lost cause...that would make no sense what so ever.

ixupi said:
What the hell? Since when was the main character Caska?
Since when do you have to be the main character to kill Griffith?

ixupi said:
If they let HER kill Griffith, then Berserk is a lost cause...that would make no sense what so ever.
So, which would be the winning cause?

xechnao said:
Since when do you have to be the main character to kill Griffith?So, which would be the winning cause?

Because it is only logical. Every confrontation has been between the two for the most part. Why would Guts be going after Griffith then once it comes down to it....oh look CASKA kills him. So what would be the winning cause? The story stays true to what it is implying, that Guts is going to kill Griffith or AT LEAST do something to get revenge. That is why the main character has to do it, because the story is revolving around him. To let a secondary character who hasn't done anything but gnaw on apples like a pigmy kill Griffith is inane.

ixupi said:
Because it is only logical.
You mean linear.
ixupi said:
Every confrontation has been between the two for the most part. Why would Guts be going after Griffith then once it comes down to it....oh look CASKA kills him. So what would be the winning cause? The story stays true to what it is implying, that Guts is going to kill Griffith or AT LEAST do something to get revenge. That is why the main character has to do it, because the story is revolving around him. To let a secondary character who hasn't done anything but gnaw on apples like a pigmy kill Griffith is inane.

I find this so predictable.

While life is sometimes so unpredictable ;)

Do you find BERSERK predictable?

The only reason that would seem predictable to you is because you seem to insist Caska is going to kill Griffith, what even leads you to believe that she is going to be healed of her "disorder" if you think Berserk is so unpredictable...or you seem to want it to be sooo much.

By the way I meant logical.

My reasoning is based on what Guts has been doing and has said therefore, it's logical. You seem to believe she is going to kill him...because of what reasons? Oh okay. ::)

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
Maybe spending time at this elf place will help Caska to become sane again. And although this is a little off topic, I know Griffith "sacrificed" the Hawks, but if you look at it, the Hawks already "sacrificed"
their lives to Griffith. Griffith told the princess that only those who have dreams of their own can be friends to him. The Hawks were to Griffith, just instruments to carry out his will, not real people of importance or equals. To Griffith, giving up the Hawks must have felt like giving up something that already belonged to him. Each one of them decided to follow Griffith and his dream instead of finding one of their own. So, they became slaves to his will. Yes it's kind of messed up that his will ended in their horrible deaths, but that's the price you pay for following another man's dream. Guts is really the only one who decided to carve a dream of his own, and he didn't die in the eclipse. I'm just saying, if you're going to make flesh your arm, you have to live with the consequences of that decision.

bandoogiemanz said:
Maybe spending time at this elf place will help Caska to become sane again. And although this is a little off topic, I know Griffith "sacrificed" the Hawks, but if you look at it, the Hawks already "sacrificed"
their lives to Griffith. Griffith told the princess that only those who have dreams of their own can be friends to him. The Hawks were to Griffith, just instruments to carry out his will, not real people of importance or equals. To Griffith, giving up the Hawks must have felt like giving up something that already belonged to him. Each one of them decided to follow Griffith and his dream instead of finding one of their own. So, they became slaves to his will. Yes it's kind of messed up that his will ended in their horrible deaths, but that's the price you pay for following another man's dream. Guts is really the only one who decided to carve a dream of his own, and he didn't die in the eclipse. I'm just saying, if you're going to make flesh your arm, you have to live with the consequences of that decision.

So why were the hawks fighting back trying to save their asses? They should have offered themselves to the apostles, no, if that's what you are saying?

bandoogiemanz said:

Oh now you are just making excuses for Griffith. :p

So you are saying if you were part of an army and your leader goes "i'm going to let you die....purposely now", your response would be "well I was going to die anyways!" ;D

Lauralana

That's Hot
bandoogiemanz said:
I'm just saying, if you're going to make flesh your arm, you have to live with the consequences of that decision.

...all humans have flesh in/for their arms. I don't mean to sound dumb, but i don't get what u mean when u say that

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Hmmm, this may not be in the right place to put this but... What the hell.

I have been thinking about Caska and what role she would play. Caska has always supported Griffith, no matter what. When she had seen Griffith making his move on Charolette, she still had those feelings for him, but knew that it was the only way (at that time) to achive his dream. Regardless she kept by his side. Even after he was tortured for that year, she still wanted to be at his side and help him with his dream. Now, who is to say that she will be with Gut's after she get's her sanity back. She may once again be by Griffith's side and help him achieve his dream. She may also see that she understands Griffith and may not want to go with Gut's since he is trying to stop Griffith's dream of being a ruler.

Pure speculation, but that is just my two cents... Also with the Death of Gut's, I dont know about that, but I am pretty sure Caska is going to have a role in the out come.

But Saiya, Griffith as Phemto raped the shit out of her in midst of those horrors he summoned. Let the massacre of all the hawks. I believe Caska fuges away from her sanity because the weight of her past memories is too much for her. If she comes back or she won't remember a thing (cancelling this somehow from her memory) or she will be reacting to her past in a more "active" manner and less fugitive than now. But even if she chooses the first one, it is possible, if happens that she sees Griffith and understands that he was Phemto and the responsible for all those things that at the eclipse happened at her life that she will breath fire out of her mouth and disintegrate him. The thing is when she will wake wake up, understand and accept who trully Griffith is. Yes, it will be hard to accept because of all those things that happened to her but I see it coming some chapter ;D

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."

Oh now you are just making excuses for Griffith.

So you are saying if you were part of an army and your leader goes "i'm going to let you die....purposely now", your response would be "well I was going to die anyways!"

Hi ixupi.

No, I'm not saying Griffith wanted them to die. Of course he wanted them to live, but only so they could continue to help him reach his dream. When he realized that he could no longer attain it in his dehabilitated state, it didn't take him long to make up his mind to sacrifice the Hawks. Why? 'Cuz like he said, they weren't his friends, just a means to his end. If it was up to him, I'd sure he would've wanted to rule Midland with the Hawks and have nothing to do with the God Hand, but it didn't turn out that way. To sacrifice someone elses life for your own gain means you value that goal more than you value the other person's life. The Hawks totally submitted their lives to Griffith's service, so whereever he goes, they would have followed. Unfortunately, they followed him straight into hell where he let them get butchered. Tough break. It's about dreams. When you have your own dream, you have a much better chance of determining when your life's journey will end. When you follow someone's else's dream, there's a great chance that someone will decide when your life's journey will end, and in my opinion, that is exactly what happened with Griffith and the Hawks.

I'm just saying, if you're going to make flesh your arm, you have to live with the consequences of that decision.

...all humans have flesh in/for their arms. I don't mean to sound dumb, but i don't get what u mean when u say that

Hi Lauralana.

My remark about making flesh your arm comes from the Bible. It refers to when a person believes in another person to the point where that individual is perceived to be akin to God(quite similar to those who followed Griffith), they follow that person to the end, not realizing that all people have faults, and so no one is perfect. As a result, when one follows another blindly, if the leader stumbles, so will all who follow right behind him.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Smith said:
Someone mention here on this board that everytime Caska was raped, she would have the nightmare during the eclipse, and each time it happen, the flashback would be closer and closer to the point where Femto appear, That person speculate when the flashback reached the point where it focus on how Femto rape her, she would be such in a terror that she would remember about everything, but like you say, it take time... :)

Hmm, haven't noticed that. But in that case, it'll for sure take some more shocks in order for her memory to be restored. Poor Caska, won't ever her suffering stop? :-\

bandoogiemanz said:
The Hawks totally submitted their lives to Griffith's service, so whereever he goes, they would have followed. Unfortunately, they followed him straight into hell where he let them get butchered.

Because they didn't think he was a complete psycho...

Lauralana

That's Hot
ixupi said:
Because they didn't think he was a complete psycho...

ya, they all wanted to be a part of grif's dream b/c they thought that they might be able to further their own lives best if they followed someone who was going to achieve greatness. If any of them had known from the start that grif would consider achieveing greatness by massacring them all, i doubt they would have followed his dream. The Hawks were willing to give their lives for Griffith..to die in battle, working for his dream...not die by griffith's own hand.

Besides, this topic is discussed in the "is griffith evil" thread more indepthly.

It's not a matter of good or evil. Griffith is just like a child, he does what he needs to get what he wants without remorse. You can't say they were willing to die for Griffith though, because no one joins an army going "There is a pretty good chance i'm going to die but what the hell." Everyone joined like you were saying to gain a better future. So were they really working for his Dream? I think they just jumped on the band wagon because it seemed like the fast lane to fortune. Then again, that might just be me. Of course everywhere cared for one another. Hell as much time as they spent together it was only the way they would survive. Some good it did them.

There's a good chance Guts will die in the end, but not before killing Griffith. But then again Guts will probably survive and go on to be a sort of wandering mercenary. After all, the only way he knows how to live is on the battlefield.

On the whole Caska killing Griffith, that just seems a little far fetched.

I think someone's definitly gonna die. I could see Guts' new group get slaughtered by Griffith's apostles. Or the beast could take over again and he could kill them all himself. I could see Caska regain her sanity and betray Guts and side with Griffith. Or Caska gets back to normal only to be killed and die in Guts' arms. Back to the beast, Guts could kill her himself. Someone's gonna die and in doing so Guts' resolve for killing Griffith will be strengthened.

I think we'll see Guts go back to being a lone wanderer for a little while as well. He'll distance himself from his companions until he is able to rid himself of the beast or manage to control it.

So many things to dwell on. This story has a long way to go.

There will be no real happy ending unless Guts can destroy "The Idea." As long as that exists in it's current state, it'll recreate the God Hand, another Griffith, and anything else to bind all the souls of Midland to a dark fate.

i would be surpsied if he kills the other godhand and not just Griffith, but there is no way he will end up killing the idea, no chance whatsoever.

They make out in the story that its such a bad and cursed existence for Guts to go down Skull knights path, i dont think he will but surely it would be better then any normal afterlife in the berserk world which seems to suck balls no matter how you live.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Guts will likely kill griffith, he may also kill godhand. I think that if he fights the idea it's real iffy. He could lose and the spiral/cycle would continue after his death or he could be the one that ends the descent/cycle. Maybe he will actually be a sacrifice after all, in order to destroy the idea. Everything can be destroyed, even gods. You just have to know what it takes and do it.

In, addition if guts won and lived after he defeated all of them he would still be dead. How do you continue to live your life when your life is a sword. How do you exist as a sword when you have destroyed the real enemies. He could make a life with caska but it would never feel right to him. He knows that his sword personifies him. It is his will and when his will fades, he still dies. It's not a glorious death but a faded unhappy death where one does not even know themself enough to care anymore.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
IF Gutts even gets close to "kill" Griffith... it would not b in a human form per say... even with his new armor...I still kinda see imposible for him to beat demonlords etc... just my speculation... kinda hard looking @ this point...

now Caska killing Griffith in not a bad idea at all...Caska represents "The Band of Hawks" as Judeou said... I see Gatz having more of a "personal" issue with Griff... although he intends to avenge the Hawks...he was not concidering in returning to the Band, therefore Caska (who iss the remaining member of the old band) should have "Ze' Pleasure"...@ least thats how I see it... opinons anyone???

Top Bottom