Guts's inevitable death?

Sparnage said:
Oh and i can tell she approaches Griffith to see him by the expression on her face and the way she touches his lip very sentual like,
I can't for sure
Sparnage said:
i dont doubt it was for any other reason but that.
Sentuallity? I do doupt this.

Anyway, I still ain't convinced that Caska knows all about Griffith, Guts does and still can't hate him.

Sparnage said:
Guts may have hestitated in the past, but you really believe he doesnt hate Griffith now?
I never said that. I said that I am not convinced that Caska may clearly understand and figure out what has happened in the same way as Guts and still not be able to hate Griffith as much as Guts does hate him.

What the...? Yes you did, you said "Guts does and still cant hate him" what else does that mean?

Anyway do you really believe that she would end up being the one to kill Griffith or is it just what you want? So far she has no bitterness towards him to give the reader the impression thats what will happen nor (and more to the point) the ability to do so.

Sparnage said:
Yes you did, you said "Guts does and still cant hate him" what else does that mean?
I was referring about Caska ( "...and Caska still cant (couldn't) hate him")
Sparnage said:
Anyway do you really believe that she would end up being the one to kill Griffith or is it just what you want?
Both
Sparnage said:
So far she has no bitterness towards him to give the reader the impression thats what will happen nor (and more to the point) the ability to do so.
I believe Caska would play a significant role in the "final battle". Why is Miura keeping her along in that state of hers?
He must be reserving some special honour for her to make up for what's worth keeping her all along in this state, no?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
He must be reserving some special honour for her to make up for what's worth keeping her all along in this state, no?

No. Well, yeah, but it doesn't have to be in battle.

And Xech's right that Guts doesn't hate Griffith, not purely. The hurt and the pain comes from the love that he has for Griffith, and that's why he hesitated before, and why he won't ever be able to just outright slay the guy. This was reinforced recently when Guts' beast possesed soul refers to Griffith as both his friend and enemy. Schierke then pointed out again that if he didn't care and only wanted revenge, he wouldn't be so hurt. Do you really think that just murdering Griffith would leave Guts satisfied and at peace?

-Griffith

Griffith said:
Well, the thing that honours BERSERK more are battles-conflicts, no?

Griffith said:
And Xech's right that Guts doesn't hate Griffith, not purely. The hurt and the pain comes from the love that he has for Griffith, and that's why he hesitated before, and why he won't ever be able to just outright slay the guy. This was reinforced recently when Guts' beast possesed soul refers to Griffith as both his friend and enemy. Schierke then pointed out again that if he didn't care and only wanted revenge, he wouldn't be so hurt. Do you really think that just murdering Griffith would leave Guts satisfied and at peace?

-Griffith

Well, I wasn't saying this, but what you are saying holds true.
Guts feelings are mixed and this is normal because he is human.
So, Caska could do the job ;)
Or maybe Griffith repents and kills himself? :eek:

RAmpaGE

Working my ass off to save the world or die trying
xechnao said:
Or maybe Griffith repents and kills himself? :eek:

Now THAT would be stupid. Griffith'd never do that. He's survived torture for a whole year, sacrificed everyone he ever loved (or as close to that as possible) to commit suicide in the end? C'mon.

Even after all he's done, there's still some feelings and moral values within Griffith. If nothing else, he's too proud to kill himself. When and if he regret his past actions, he'll do whatever he can to pay for it, his death being just a consequence of his quest for redemption.

But the way from the demon he is to a tortured man looking for forgiveness is still too long. It'd take a lot to put him on that path.

Griffith:
1) his dream (or the plan he is serving)
2) feellings about Guts
3) feellings about Caska

Anyway you start saying this is stupid and then you make a nice paragraph contradicting your initial statement. So ... :-\

RAmpaGE

What I mean is he won't kill himself. He won't put his sword through his heart or anything like that, even if he were the center of the whole problem he wants to redeem himself for. If he died, someone else would be the responsible. He's too cold to throw himself off a cliff when losing his sanity, and too proud to end his own life sanely.

His solution would never involve taking his own life. MAYBE, sacrificing himself in the heat of the action, to save Guts or Caska, as I said in my first post in this thread.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
The utmost redemption Griffith could achieve, is probably going against Godhand/idea itself, infront of Guts in perhaps some climactic battle...

but then again, that might be a pretty shitty event.

Dark Wanderer said:
Another thing that might heal it would be a shock of some kind

Someone mention here on this board that everytime Caska was raped, she would have the nightmare during the eclipse, and each time it happen, the flashback would be closer and closer to the point where Femto appear, That person speculate when the flashback reached the point where it focus on how Femto rape her, she would be such in a terror that she would remember about everything, but like you say, it take time... :)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Guts' death, like everyone elses' is inevitable. As Neitsche put it, its all about dying a good death. Not necessarily as an old codger on your deathbed, nor as a soldier in battle, but in the place and time that is right for you. I think that when the time comes, Guts will die a good death. From that point of view, Guts' triumphant death-not at the hands of Idea's servants, nor the souls of the damned, but because he at last relinquishes his will to live and dies the death he wants-would be the happy ending.

Sparnage said:
I think caska and the rest had it figured out that it was Griffith who sacrificed them all, when the godhand were convincing him to sacrifice them all they could hear the whole conversation before the feast began.

Not only that but when Femto came down to grab Caska just as she regained conscious she looks at him and almost says "Griffith" before he sticks his demon tongue down her throat, i think she had it figured, she isnt stupid.

Oh and i can tell she approaches Griffith to see him by the expression on her face and the way she touches his lip very sentual like, i dont doubt it was for any other reason but that.

If Caska gains her Sanity back I think she will in fact hate Griffith because he sacrafice The Hawks which was like a family to her and she will hate him for that.

Griffith said:

-Griffith

Yeah, he feels betrayed and hurt so he probably doesnt totally hate him, but i dont doubt for a second that he still has strong feelings of hatred towards him though, not at all.

RAmpaGE said:
What I mean is he won't kill himself. He won't put his sword through his heart or anything like that, even if he were the center of the whole problem he wants to redeem himself for. If he died, someone else would be the responsible. He's too cold to throw himself off a cliff when losing his sanity, and too proud to end his own life sanely.

I agree, he has never really shown any remorse since he became a godhand, no reason to start now. Maybe one day towards the very end but certainly not enough to kill himself.

ZODDGUTS said:
If Caska gains her Sanity back I think she will in fact hate Griffith because he sacrafice The Hawks which was like a family to her and she will hate him for that.

she could be bitter, but i still couldnt picture her try and kill him for it.

Sparnage said:
she could be bitter, but i still couldnt picture her try and kill him for it.

yeah i agree... Even she could do the fact that Griffith is her child would make her stop... But then that was just my speculation :)

Rampage, yes
when I said Griffith kills him self I was implying what you said before (not actually commiting harakiri but sacrificing his dream going against GH ethetera etchetera )
I was brief just because I was also presenting the Caska possibility. Indeed, I wanted to present those too.
And Sparnage if there is one that could hate Griffith more of everybody that would be Caska if she got her sanity back. She was raped, her child was allienated, her personal life was lost.
Furthermore she risked to lose her life while all the hawks did including Judo in front of her. Remember that Judo talded her that she was the commander of the Hawks so she could even take responsability and blame herself for their death.
Caska if she wakes up she is gonna Kill Griff.

RAmpaGE

Well, I really don't feel sure enough to give any honest opinnion on the "Caska killing Griffith" matter. Being insane must be a nightmare. She actually said that, in the Dreamcast game, didn't she? Though I don't know if that is actually considered a chapter of the saga. Btw, when she momentarily regained her sanity in the game, in those precious seconds, there was no anger or fear in her voice. She was just tired, and relieved Guts ("my love", she said, if I recall) was there to hold her.

On the other hand, her reactions so far to the (various) attempted rapes after the Eclipse've been quite violent. She associates that to her trauma, so there's no way to tell that when she figures Griffith was the responsible for it she won't go berserk on him.

Both points of view make sense, in my humble opinion.

RAmpaGE said:
Well, I really don't feel sure enough to give any honest opinnion on the "Caska killing Griffith" matter. Being insane must be a nightmare. She actually said that, in the Dreamcast game, didn't she? Though I don't know if that is actually considered a chapter of the saga. Btw, when she momentarily regained her sanity in the game, in those precious seconds, there was no anger or fear in her voice. She was just tired, and relieved Guts ("my love", she said, if I recall) was there to hold her.

The game story was written by Miura himself so I guess it's part of the contuinity of the manga or more like a side story.

Lauralana

That's Hot
Ya...at first i really didn't want Guts to die....i like him to much.

but i watched the ending to Cowboy Bebop the other day....and i just remembered how moving Spike's death was and everything.

Gut's death...after he has completed his dream...is a fitting end to the series. He deserves the rest

Everyone seems to be thinking that Caska has to play a bigger part in the end? Well I don't really think she has to, after all Guts' is the main character of the story. So from that stand point if anyone else were to kill Griffith, it would sort of be pointless.

I don't think Guts will or deserves to die. But then again, there could always be a huge change in his state of mind, seeing as there seems to be a lot more story to go around, also since there is still a hell of a lot we don't know, about everything. Guts basically died, everything he had grown used to was pulled from him. He wants revenge, and I think he will get it, but it might happen in a way we won't expect.

He wants revenge or to have a life with his woman Caska?

I believe Guts will change: he will grow up and become more mature with his aspect on the world.

His quotation once was
"If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you won't be able to walk."

In the future he might change it with something that puts him on another point of view, like:
"I am not walking, I am dragged by destiny( Karma)."
A bit Sknightish , eh? ;)

Anyway, getting out of his blind rage for revenge means that he realizes, comprehends and gains knowledge of what really happens in the world.

Caska being a fundamental part of this world, I believe, will have her role gain much more importance in the plot.

I think to go and say he wants a life with Caska right now is a little odd. He has been back and forth between the idea of bringing her or letting her stay here, then there. So untill they find a cure for Caska(Not saying they won't.), she is the biggest hinderance for him. Every fight seems to be over her for a while, and he has injured himself more than most likely he needed to by protecting her. Even Puck hovers around Isidro now. X. x Guts just isn't good with people. Of course Guts is going to change, or else there wouldn't be a story, but how he is going to change is what I want to know. How can a person who fought for his existance every day of his life, just sit down with his "woman."

Kart

Resident /b/tard
i think caska will leave if she regains her sanity, or would atleast like to, Imagine the place you'd be in, insane for two years, raped by a demon, all friends killed, boyfriend a monster.

If it wasn't for the fact i doubt she'd be strong enough to defend herself against demons, and then probably kill herself from lack of rest, I do think she would like to be alone for awhile. time to regroup, figure out what happend, and get used to being around gutts again, you can't tell me you come back to sanity and are with a 7' tall sword toten, demon slaughtering, snaking eating, raw, untamed beast, he's a monster in essense, even now, he's just begin to get used to being around help.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Though I'd say that he's a monster by necessity. He has to put out 110% everyday when he fights and that can be taxing on the mind as well as the body. True, if Caska were to gain her sanity, she would probably want nothing to do with Guts as he is now, but after understanding the situation, she may reconsider. Though it's hard to say whether or not she would regain her sanity in the first place. Right now the outlook is bleak, but then the story is far from finished.

Regarding Guts eventual demise, I foresee it as and ending where he gets his revenge, saves Caska and the world and finds some inner peace before the toll of the last battle and other battles before hand finally catches up to him. Again, this is just what I think and probably not how the story will end up.

Top Bottom