Guts's inevitable death?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aconyro said:
Guts will likely kill griffith, he may also kill godhand. I think that if he fights the idea it's real iffy. He could lose and the spiral/cycle would continue after his death or he could be the one that ends the descent/cycle. Maybe he will actually be a sacrifice after all, in order to destroy the idea. Everything can be destroyed, even gods. You just have to know what it takes and do it.

In, addition if guts won and lived after he defeated all of them he would still be dead. How do you continue to live your life when your life is a sword. How do you exist as a sword when you have destroyed the real enemies. He could make a life with caska but it would never feel right to him. He knows that his sword personifies him. It is his will and when his will fades, he still dies. It's not a glorious death but a faded unhappy death where one does not even know themself enough to care anymore.

that was beatifull man :'(

Maybe Griffith will rise up and fight against idea himself, with the help of Guts. Idea is the puppet master here and eventually Griffith will want to take hold of his own destiny. They will destroy idea and then the two will fight to the death. Or maybe they'll part realizing that they are both free of fate. Who knows though right? I perfer the idea of Guts and Griffith having an epic battle in the end. And this thought has been nagging me at the back of my mind. I think Caska will die. And that will push Guts over the edge and give him all the rage, hate, and power needed to unleash his vengeance upon all. I don't know why I keep thinking that it just seems like Guts keeps getting screwed in some way and that will just take the cake.

personally, I think it would be awesome if a mere human killed the entire godhand, maybe not all together, as that seems a little far, but gatts, if he runs into them like he did with slann and even griffiths in the graveyard, apart from other godhand or apostles, he should be able to do them in. without using something to turn him inhuman. i think the point would be people can do anything that they can focus their will into. magic, staying alive, becoming a total badass, you get the idea. (no pun intended) people see this as a dark anime, i think it's rather uplifting and inspiring.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
quite frankly...either or, Gatts better have at least a moment of normal life IF dying is the case.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Well a good ending would be for Gatts to die after killing Griffith getting rid of his curse and being able to rest in peace by achieving vengance and liberating Caska from the brand. (but that would be predictible)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Well a good ending would be for Gatts to die after killing Griffith getting rid of his curse and being able to rest in peace by achieving vengance and liberating Caska from the brand. (but that would be predictible)

That sounds too much of a happy ending... time will tell...hopefully

Top Bottom