残高が不足しております。
eコイン購入後、再度購入手続きしてください。

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Can't buy the last Issue, this come out:

残高が不足しております。
eコイン購入後、再度購入手続きしてください。

Ah that might be because they've added a points system which can cause confusion. Look below it on the page, you should see other payment options, including by credit card. If you don't succeed please post a screenshot so I can help.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I succeded...well, in this step.
Now they don't like my new Card, even if it's a Mastercard, and they accept Mastercard.
Let's see if I can fix it somehow, or if i need the old one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I succeded...well, in this step.
Now they don't like my new Card, even if it's a Mastercard, and they accept Mastercard.
Let's see if I can fix it somehow, or if i need the old one.

Might be related to your bank and the options you have more than the card network.

RaffoBaffo

Thanks for the info.
I tried my old card, a prepaid one, and everything is fine.
Finally I can enjoy the Episode in HQ.

Thanks, that was very helpful!

I still can't believe how easy and cheap it is to just buy the new issues and read them the day they come out.

Pretty mind blowing since before the latest episode we had to read the episodes from low quality scans.

I'll definitely buy every new issue from now on :guts:

BiQ_

" ... "
I finally managed to get it done yesterday. My CC required stronger authentication and I had those credentials only for my checking account card which I initially did not want to use for online purchases. But I did so anyways. Bought the ep 358 -containing issue for testing and it WORKED!

Also, I bought the "reservation" for the ep359 -issue with those e-coin tokens, and I'm expecting to have it automatically appear on my bookshelf in about 2 hours and 30 minutes now, but unfortunately I wont be able to read it immediately since I'll be busy this evening. (It'll be 6 PM here then) Dang. I also tried to get their Android app but it says both my huawei mediapad and oneplus 3 are incompatible? Is there some kind of regional lockout or is the app just particularly picky about the phone/tablet models?

edits edits edits... should write these messages beforehand...

I noticed this time that the magazine was a bit more expensive than the previous time (by about 100 JPN). I guess there was a price increase? This is not a complaint, it’s just interesting that, not reading Japanese, I wouldn’t be able to understand price increase announcements even if I did get them.

Another thing that was different this time was that, for the first time since I’ve been buying the magazine, this issue did contain the pictures of the model depicted in the cover. I guess it’s not possible anymore to buy a version without them? The buying process was the exact same as always, so I can’t say I saw an option to choose a version.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed this time that the magazine was a bit more expensive than the previous time (by about 100 JPN). I guess there was a price increase? This is not a complaint, it’s just interesting that, not reading Japanese, I wouldn’t be able to understand price increase announcements even if I did get them.

The prices fluctuate following a variety of factors, they always have. I'm guessing the reason for the return to around 400 yen is that the model pictures are included again in the digital edition.

Another thing that was different this time was that, for the first time since I’ve been buying the magazine, this issue did contain the pictures of the model depicted in the cover. I guess it’s not possible anymore to buy a version without them?

They had stopped being featured in the digital edition in June 2017 (with YA issue #11). I'm not sure whether it was from a desire to leave an edge to the print version over the digital one, to try and see if the manga series themselves sell as well digitally without the models, or because of a contractual hurdle. Either way they've returned this year with YA issue #11, almost exactly 2 years later.

Reactions: m
The prices fluctuate following a variety of factors, they always have. I'm guessing the reason for the return to around 400 yen is that the model pictures are included again in the digital edition.

To be honest, I hadn't noticed the price fluctuation until now. It makes sense that the model pictures are the reason for the increase.

They had stopped being featured in the digital edition in June 2017 (with YA issue #11). I'm not sure whether it was from a desire to leave an edge to the print version over the digital one, to try and see if the manga series themselves sell as well digitally without the models, or because of a contractual hurdle. Either way they've returned this year with YA issue #11, almost exactly 2 years later.

This is very interesting to me because the first digital issue I bought was the one that included episode 335 and none of the issues I've bought since then contained the pictures until the latest one (to confirm, I just checked said issue and it indeed doesn't have the pictures). I never understood why the pictures weren't there, but I was quite happy they weren't (which is why seeing them this time was such a surprise).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest, I hadn't noticed the price fluctuation until now. It makes sense that the model pictures are the reason for the increase.

It's happened to the print issues since Young Animal's publication started. The amounts are so small that I've never cared to be honest.

This is very interesting to me because the first digital issue I bought was the one that included episode 335 and none of the issues I've bought since then contained the pictures until the latest one (to confirm, I just checked said issue and it indeed doesn't have the pictures).

Oh I see. I'm sorry, I actually misled you. :farnese: I had just been judging them by the covers (whether a model was on it or not) and didn't bother checking for the actual pictures inside. You're right, they weren't there even before. I'll admit I had never noticed. To be honest, much like for the price fluctuations, I can't say that I personally care. :shrug:I imagine the reason they weren't included before and now are is because of a change in the contract YA has with the models or their agencies.

Reactions: m

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to clarify something about how Hakusensha-e handles magazine pre-orders. If the magazine hasn't yet been released, you can "reserve" your digital copy ahead of time. But you'll have to use their "coins" system. These can be purchased for 1 coin per 1 yen, the minimum purchase being 500 yen (~$5). The process for acquiring them is the same as purchasing in our guides above, it's just a different currency being used. There's really no NEED to pre-order. You'll just get a notification in your email when it's out, and you can dive in, having shaved off those precious seconds by buying it up-front.

Once the magazine is officially released, the coin requirement goes away and you can use credit cards and other payment methods.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I've been having a rough time reloading my e-coins. The only method I could use is credit card. Unfortunately, I only have one card and it requires some sort of extra bank verification that it doesn't even specify. I read a couple other replies here, and people have said they used other cards, but this is the only card I've got at the moment.

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've been having a rough time reloading my e-coins. The only method I could use is credit card. Unfortunately, I only have one card and it requires some sort of extra bank verification that it doesn't even specify. I read a couple other replies here, and people have said they used other cards, but this is the only card I've got at the moment.

I'd try turning off any ad blockers you may have running, and also turning off the auto-translation feature of Chrome, if you have it running. The extra bank verification should be a popup after you enter your CC info. Once you complete that step once, it's automatic in the future. For me, I just see it flash by before the whole payment is completed.

Alternatively you could just forego the preorder, and grab it when it's made available. Even though that's also a CC, could be easier?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Can you detail the security option that's causing trouble? My card has an automatic SMS verification and it works fine with that website. To be clear though I'm not using the coins, I usually pay directly by credit card.

I can confirm what Walter said about disabling browser translation before you try to purchase, in case you were using it. If I try to select credit card from the drop-down menu while the page is translated it will prompt me to buy coins instead.

As for your card problem, most debit and credit cards these days use some sort of secondary security layer, 3-D Secure for Visa or SecureCode for Mastercard, with both password and SMS authentication options. It's a pretty straight forward protocol, and you should have encountered it already if you've been using the card in other places. I would suggest checking with your bank in case it's not working as it's supposed to.

RaffoBaffo

So, I have a stupid question, how can I see ALL my issues on the site and not only the recetly read.
It's been a while.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Top-right menu: Bookshelf / "Purchased page" (the middle tab) / This will show you all your TYPES of purchases (volumes, magazines, books, etc.) Click the Young Animal one and it will list all of yours.

Top Bottom