Inkings from Newdoom3

I've had a fascination with Deers and I used a pose/armor from Gutts. So, I slapped them together.
I'm a art major at San jose, california. I was wondering what you guys think? Blackdeer with Gutt's armor.. No, not the idea, the look. Critique the style. Less inky? I started using India ink 2 years ago. Im not "impressive" but I thought a few glances and I could get my professor impressed and recieve extra credit.

Ok, in the mean time, I'll come up with somthing original and with gutt's face, not a deer.
Give me till this saturday, Im finishing inking another character.
I posted this just so you guys can critique my style. What do you guys think?
I dont know how to imbed the pictures onto the paragraph so I'll give you the URLS.
They're from Myspace, I dont trust Photobucket, nor do I know of a place to store them.
I dont draw furries, the idea of anthropomorphism is intriguing but not as interesting as Disney portrayed them.
Thank you for looking and please, critique. I could use the help from people who've read Berserk and know the art style of kentaro miura. I am not trying to copy his style, but use it onto my own styles. Maybe I use too much of his style?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=254366891&albumID=909714&imageID=10613932
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=254366891&albumID=909714&imageID=10613836

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Man not only did you make Guts into a deer, you gave him facial hair! :isidro:

Art looks good. It's just a little ... strange to me.

uhh... hehe, yea.. thanks.. hehe.. uh.. :serpico:
It took about 4 hours to draw+ink, each =(.
uhh... Strange?... hmm... mmmm...... *shrug*
I'll make it more "unstrange"

berserk for furries? :judo:

anyway, the artwork is good, but I really dislike the whole furry thing.
If he were bitten by a werewolf it could be a little badass though... though those images don't look like were-guts.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Intriguing! :guts: I like where you're going with this concept. Of all the animals that I thought you could identify with Guts, this was definitely not one of them. But even so, you brought your idea to execution with an impressive amount of detail. I particularly like how you improvised with Guts' leg armor a bit in the second picture.

For a suggestion, I would just say that you can probably get even more accurate with the armor's details. The left and right pauldrons look a little uneven in the first picture, and the fingers of Guts' false arm are looking a bit jiggly in the second.

Otherwise, it's looking very nice, I eagerly await your future posts! :serpico:

nfries88 said:
berserk for furries? :judo:

anyway, the artwork is good, but I really dislike the whole furry thing.
If he were bitten by a werewolf it could be a little badass though... though those images don't look like were-guts.

uhh.. I never intended him to be a furry, no no. But... uhh... hmm... Well, I suppose it's furry alright, But the idea of gutts a "were-wolf" thing is pretty funny and interesting. I'll think about that

Grail said:
Intriguing! :guts: I like where you're going with this concept. Of all the animals that I thought you could identify with Guts, this was definitely not one of them. But even so, you brought your idea to execution with an impressive amount of detail. I particularly like how you improvised with Guts' leg armor a bit in the second picture.

For a suggestion, I would just say that you can probably get even more accurate with the armor's details. The left and right pauldrons look a little uneven in the first picture, and the fingers of Guts' false arm are looking a bit jiggly in the second.

Otherwise, it's looking very nice, I eagerly await your future posts! :serpico:

thx :guts:
I remember in the lyrics to Susumu Hirasawa's song "sign" for the game "Berserk, Millinium falcon" ps2 thing,
the ending lyrics translate "Where are all the deer, only the thunder knows"
or somthing like that. I thought "is susumu hirasawa saying a symoblic message to us for gutts is that gutts is much like a deer, a lonesome deer." or I dunno, the idea just popped.

Yea, the iron hand thing... that thing..... yea, its not very... well.... you know, I know. I'll get it right next time, haha =D.
Oh, thx for the advice, I'll seriously keep that in mind! (The pauldrons really do look uneven :judo:)

Inkings from Newdoom3 (Some new stuff)

*cough* (How embarressing jessica)
As I said, I've started to cut down on the furry.. or "deers" on that matter.
*Meaning : Im not ganna post the furry here* :chomp:

so here, I've been drawing 2 versions of guts. A close up face shot and another sitting down. I havn't inked the one sitting down but so far, its looks good enough where you guys can tell me if somthing doesnt look right, I can fix it. The close face shot, so much ink is on it that Im going to finish it, then post it.
Here is guts sitting down, please please please.. tell me if somthing's wrong. :troll:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=254366891&albumID=914867&imageID=10746012

Top Bottom