Is Guts' Beherit for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the "Guts" Behelit was for him.. he would probably have activated it against Roshinu.. he poured so much blood that his blood might have touch the Behelit and didn't activated it so... and for all i know, Behelits are activated by blood..

The behelit was pretty active when Slann dropped in for an unsummoned visit with Guts, and she taunted Guts about making a sacrifice, like "him." Probably just a taunt, but it's open-ended enough that it could mean something later on in the story.

I don't know if the thing is for Guts or not, but if it isn't for him, then it's for somebody very important to him. I keep thinking about what Flora said to Skull Knight, about spiral paths and different choices.

But seeing the thing always makes me uneasy, especially when it's nearly activated.

miurafan said:
I don't know if the thing is for Guts or not, but if it isn't for him, then it's for somebody very important to him.

I always thought it was the Slug count's behelit... can a behelit be for more than one person ?

dwarfkicker said:
If the laws of casualty deem it so, I guess anyones behlit can be for anyone.

So you mean that by the laws of casualty, if Griffith's behelit had been used by someone else, that person would have been the "Femto" (probably another name..) ?? I think it would the inverse.. if the laws of casualty deem the behelit also, a behelit can be used by the person it is destined for. It's the way i see this..

Sorry for not being too clear but that's pretty much what I meant. Law of Casualty and destiny are pretty much the same thing. It all comes down to fate. Guts is beyond the reach of fate (the whole born from a corpse and was supposed to die thing) so I think he could use the behlit even though casualty didn't deem it so.

So if I understand right what you said, you mean that other people can't use the behelit but since Gut's is beyond the reach of fate, he could use any kind of behelit ? Gut's is someone appart but i wouldn't go that far imo, it's a good speculation by the way, we should think about that.

From what i know... Guts was carrying the behelit so as to find a chance to summon the GH... But of coz he didnt seem to succeed but he wont give up also without a try

The conclusion was: The behelit wasnt destined for him... He find the Behelit, not the other way round

Lauralana

That's Hot
but shouldn't the behelit go back to who it was destined for then? Cuz all behelits find their way into the owner's hands when the time is right. (i think).

Lauralana said:
but shouldn't the behelit go back to who it was destined for then? Cuz all behelits find their way into the owner's hands when the time is right. (i think).

Yup it was suppose to be like this, but the owner was already dead... Up to now we have no evidence to show that a behelit can have more than one owner, maybe there is still more to meet than an eye...

Lauralana said:

It took a whole year for Griffith's Behelit to "come back" for him.. God Hand should recycle their Behelit because of Guts :p they'll save time and energy ....

Well Majin Tenshi posted that Miura stated in an interview that Guts would remain human. So maybe he'll use the behelit when the time is right to bring the God Hand within killing range for him and Skull Knight.

dwarfkicker said:
Well Majin Tenshi posted that Miura stated in an interview that Guts would remain human.
You haven't read the whole thread didn't you ? And you didn't even read the whole thread that Majin post that... someone refered (quoting Majin) to this thread in the first page, what did Walter said ? He doesn't know everything be he pointed out a good point.. you should read it ;)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I still think that Gatz will eventually turn into a demon...more like a sacrificial revenge...

Trann

I'm a llama!
Shurikn said:
It took a whole year for Griffith's Behelit to "come back" for him.. God Hand should recycle their Behelit because of Guts :p they'll save time and energy ....

No, it didn't take a year for the behelit to return.. The behelit returned exactly when the user was going to use it (and he couldn't have used it at any other time, unless he can control the alignment of the sun and the moon)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Honestly, I think Guts can't turn into some inhuman being. Indeed, he's already changed by his brand and the armor, but he should stay human. Partly because the whole point is to fight the weaklings who chose to become inhuman aka apostles and members of the God Hand.

He obviously couldn't oppose Griffith if he chose to be one of his subordinates. Imo, Guts since he has accepted the help of his recent crew, cannot fall into giving up his humanity to serve his 'dream'. In fact, if he had stayed alone, there is some probabilty his Beast would have totally consumed him, however from now Schierke and - soon Farnese - is keeping an eye on his spiritual as well as physical welfare.

So, is the beherit he stole from the Count destined to be used by him ? I highly doubt it, unless he eventually decides to use the beherits like his mysterious elder.

Guil

Trann said:
No, it didn't take a year for the behelit to return.. The behelit returned exactly when the user was going to use it (and he couldn't have used it at any other time, unless he can control the alignment of the sun and the moon)
Are you asying that it didn't take one year from the time the torturer lost the Behelit and then Griffith's escape and the eclipse ? I think you're wrong with that.
The Behelit returned exactly when the user was going to use it.. it took a year man before using it ! So what am I suppose to think about that ??? It was predicted by Skull Knight a whole year before that the eclipse was coming at that certain moment and Zodd also talked about it when he came to kill Wyald...

DragonD2

I don't know who I am & no one would ever tell me!
Smith said:
Yup it was suppose to be like this, but the owner was already dead... Up to now we have no evidence to show that a behelit can have more than one owner, maybe there is still more to meet than an eye...

Since Gutsu's Behelit was already used by previous person. Flora also asked and was told that the Behelit is in Gutsu's custody by killing a monster. Thus, Flora still tellz Gutsu to hope that the thing flies away from him if he is ever in need of power. Slann also asked him if he wanted to make a sacrifice, the only way me thinks that the Behelit can be used/activated.

miurafan said:
I don't know if the thing is for Guts or not, but if it isn't for him, then it's for somebody very important to him. I keep thinking about what Flora said to Skull Knight, about spiral paths and different choices.

Thingz never repeating but spiraling into different choices and circumstances. We are definitely seeing some Deja Vu with the all these situations Gutsu has been going through. Ups/Downs, that add enjoyment in his life he doesn't see and takes it away before he starts to relax. quote tha Berserker: "I'm noticing it now? Without realizing it! Not Even realizing it already slipped outta my hand" vol17chp122p4
Or Gambino's quote from anime: "What's wrong with you? You return evil for good!"
Spoiler thought ahead:

Meh thinks Gutsu's Behelit could be for this new child (chp. 238) or Caska? ???

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Meh thinks Gutsu's Behelit could be for this new child (chp. 238) or Caska?

That was exactly what i was thinking. The child looks too suspicious, coming out of nowhere, running into caskas arms like that. Besides, that child resembles the deformed child caska had, and even though it was not completly evil, it is still, like guts said, HELLSPAWN.

Dani

Smile!
It could be relate to almost anything, the child, Caska, Guts' revenge.

I can easily imagine Guts being forced into a position where he might need to sacrifice something more than his lower left arm for Caska. The possibilities are endless as the Behelit could easily find its way into someone elses hands at the blink of an eye, maybe be allowing Guts to keep it allows Miura some openess to the story, giving him more option for the future. Considering his inspriation, it would surprise me to find Miura planning plots and sub plots well into thirty or forty volume cycles.

S

Some Guy

The Behlit definitely seems destined to be used by someone. But it could be anyone. But I have some doubts whether Guts will use it, since when he's using the Berserk armor, he's already borderline apostle, and becoming an apostle himself doesn't seem like it would help him fight much better, other than giving him more control over his strength. Then there's the brand which may not "qualify" him to summon the Godhand.

Maybe Guts will end up feeding it to Skullknight to strengthen Behlit sword, though that would be a bit anti-climatic.

Walter said:
Can he? He's a sacrifice. It's actually pretty sketchy about whether or not Guts will be able to use it.

That's true. However, since he is Griffith's sacrafice, if he becomes an apostle himself he would nullify Griffith's qualifications for becoming a godhand. That means Griffith would have no sacrafice, therefore reducing him to his previous self. Theory?...yes. Far-fetched?...deffinately. But think about it, the scene of Gatts contemplating whether or not to give up Caska (as a sacrafice) and his humanity in order to gain his revenge upon Griffith.

However...he might not be able to accomplish this at all, because Caska means more to him than the rest of the world combined. Thus, she MUST be his sacrafice. Yet she already IS a sacrafice, and I think at some point they mentioned that you cannot use a sacrafice repeatedly. That was with the king who refused to sacrafice his daughter, he attempted to sacrafice Gatts, but the Godhands refused, saying Gatts was already a sacrafice.

Thus we are presented with two clashing ideas. ??? Wow, I'm queer.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
terrestrialhost said:
That's true. However, since he is Griffith's sacrafice, if he becomes an apostle himself he would nullify Griffith's qualifications for becoming a godhand. That means Griffith would have no sacrafice, therefore reducing him to his previous self. Theory?...yes. Far-fetched?...deffinately. But think about it...

No.

Anyway, the Beherit is for Serpico. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom