Is Guts' Beherit for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slann said something along the lines that the other Godhand members were pretty much doing nothing interesting and just sort of "floating" around the other level's of the world and if I remember correctly, said they'd dropped their physical forms. Makes sense since they probably wouldnt really need them at such a level.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
[Slan] said they'd dropped their physical forms. Makes sense since they probably wouldnt really need them at such a level.

She didn't really say that, for the simple reason that they don't have physical forms. Slan took a physical form in the Qliphoth, using trolls remains. Femto received a physical body during his incarnation. Otherwise, they are just spiritual beings, that's why they can't (couldn't, since things are now changing) really materialize themselves in the material world. She said that they probably dissolved into their favorite Sephirah and are floating around shapelessly, but she meant that they dissolved their spiritual forms into amorphous beings.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
Question:
Are beherits indestructible?
I think you can destroy them because skully eats them and forget
the sword of resonance with them.

EDIT:
Perhaps my question was a bit clumpsy formulated because i answered it in the question.
But, is it so easy for a normal person to melt the beherits and forge a sword with them?
Somehow i don't believe that for example godo could do the same with his hammer and anvil as the skullknight did.
Whad do you think?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Feanor said:
Are beherits indestructible?

Well, SK melts the beherits by "eating" them and is able to use them in a way they aren't supposed to be. He's a special case though, and while they do melt, we aren't sure whether they can be completely destroyed or not (Griffith's stopped an arrow without any problem, even if it left a small dent in it at the time, dent that doesn't appear anymore after that). It's hard to answer this question with certainty since there is no real information on the subject in the manga, but given that they're not mere objects but sentient entities born in the Abyss, I don't think destroying them would be easy.

Feanor said:
But, is it so easy for a normal person to melt the beherits and forge a sword with them?

SK is an astral being, so what happens inside of him is a mystery to us, but it probably can't be accomplished by a normal person. Besides, he didn't forge a new sword with them, he just covers his own sword with melted beherits.

Aazealh said:
while they do melt, we aren't sure whether they can be completely destroyed or not

I personnally don't think these Beherits are to be considered as destroyed. I don't remember the scene that well, but I think we can see that the eyes and mouthes of the Beherits are reacting, that they are moving?!

It makes me think that maybe, "inside" the SkullKnight, they go back to their original shapes... :-\

I guess that may be a possibility, but what I'm pretty sure is that a Beherit, since it's an object "born in the Abyss", as said by Aazealh, can probably not be destroyed... :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
I personnally don't think these Beherits are to be considered as destroyed.

Well, I didn't say that... They're melted, but they still exist and SK can use their power.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
i hate to start another topic. But during the eclipse. Slann says

"but sarcasm aside, if that childs existance is strength then it is that strength that limits him"

could that hold any relevance to the story?

Kart said:
i hate to start another topic. But during the eclipse. Slann says

"but sarcasm aside, if that childs existance is strength then it is that strength that limits him"could that hold any relevance to the story?

Errr, that's not what she says.

"It's ironic though, the stronger his will to live is(life force?), the longer he struggles, it will become the vital source(sustenance?) for the new life of darkness (meaning Femto). "

This is kinda offtopic, but when sk made that behelit blade, was it a one time use only or could he use it again. Although he said "perhaps this is a suitable time to test my new blade," he goes on to say "this was something i intended to wield solely for the purpose of emtombing those beings in the abysmal vortex."
it sortof sounded like he didnt want to waste using it at that moment, but it was kindof necessary to escape from the cave.

EnderZero said:
it sortof sounded like he didnt want to waste using it at that moment, but it was kindof necessary to escape from the cave.

IMO, he alone could have escaped the Cave, but since Guts was there, as you said, he had to use it. But I don't think he meant that it was only usable once, for me, he just thought that the only occasion he would have to use such a powerful item would be fighting the GodHands!
However, nothing is for sure, there are so many things right now, in BERSERK, that can only be speculated, but we'll probably have to wait and see... :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EnderZero said:
was it a one time use only or could he use it again.

It can be used again, of course.

EnderZero said:

Yes, he only planned to use it against the God Hand, but had to at that time out of necessity.

Guts' Beherit

Hello everyone...

I've visited this board for some time, and I have finally decided to post. I have been overwhelmed by everyone's knowledge of the Berserk universe. I was introduced to Berserk first through the Dreamcast videogame. I purchased it due the the great review Gamefan gave it. I thought it was one of the best games ever. Then I came across the anime. Finally, I started reading some manga scans, and have bought a few of the U.S. volumes.

I am just curious what do you all think will happen to Gut's Beherit. I just have a feeling that Casca may use it. I think if she is cured. She may be very tempted to use it. Who knows what here mental state would be once she is cured. Will she hate Guts and love Griffith? I hope not, but I just have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse for Guts before they get better.

After the reading Griffith's coversation with the Idea. I was absolutely stunned. That segment almost destroyed any thoughts I had of there being a happy ending.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Hey, welcome to SK.Net! New members are always welcomed.

Now, about the topic. Well while its an interesting idea, Casca can't just "use" the beherit. No one can simply use it, they activate when they choose due to Idea's design. Think of it as destiny or fate as you will, although people prefer it to be refered to as the law of casuality. I really don't know what will happen when casca is cured (if ever!) but I don't think she could hate Guts.. but there is no real way to tell without some facts to base our ideas on.

I must agree, before things get better for Guts they will get worse. I don't think Berserk can ever end "happy". IMO the closest thing to a happy ending would be a bitter-sweet ending of Guts and casca living out their days together in hapiness. Remember, they are both marked with the brand and there is no known way to remove it(so far) so when they die, weither its of old age or being killed, they will be wandering the vortex of souls for all eternity... :judo:

I must agree, the conversation with Idea is very interesting/shocking. Miura seems to believe it revealed too much too soon though, so It's probably best to try and forget it or not think about it too much, to experience Berserk the way Miura intended :)

Oh yeah.. there is a similar active topic about this same thing, here is the link: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4690.0

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Guts' Beherit

The Black Knight said:
Hello everyone...

Hi "The Black Knight", welcome to the board. I'm glad you appreciate what you've seen so far. :serpico: I merged your thread with an older one on the same topic, don't hesitate to use the board's search engine to check for existing discussions on any given subject in the future.

The Black Knight said:
I am just curious what do you all think will happen to Gut's Beherit. I just have a feeling that Casca may use it. I think if she is cured. She may be very tempted to use it. Who knows what here mental state would be once she is cured. Will she hate Guts and love Griffith?

I don't see her ever becoming an apostle... And she couldn't possibly sacrifice Guts because Griffith already did, so that makes the whole thing a bit unlikely. Not to mention the fact that you don't "decide" to use a beherit.

IsolatioN said:
Think of it as destiny or fate as you will, although people prefer it to be refered to as the law of casuality.

It's not a matter of people's preferences, it's called like that in the manga. And since the notions are different it's important to use the correct terms. It's causality.

IsolatioN said:
I don't think Berserk can ever end "happy".

Well, Miura said long ago that the end wouldn't be pessimistic so...

IsolatioN said:
they will be wandering the vortex of souls for all eternity...

I'm not sure the term "wander" is very appropriate for people in the Vortex, besides once they become part of it they lose their individuality.

Tenro

...You tit.
Well, "not pessimisic" isn't the same as happy, or even positive; it's a term Miura-san no doubt chose for its ambiguous meaning.

As for a Caska apostle, I don't think that it's in the cards at all. It relies on too many random speculations, not the least of which being that a branded one can even be chosen to use a beherit. My favorite theory remains that Guts will "lose" the beherit at a crucial moment for one chosen by causality.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I meant my statement about fate/destiny/causality in the sense that he may of heard it called otherwise but the correct term to be causality. For example, if someone were to only be reading the DH releases ( :serpico:) it is reffered to as "fate". a horribly annoying mistranslation, but some people are bound to call it that due to only reading that translation. But no argue there, the correct term is most definitely causality :)

Well, Miura said long ago that the end wouldn't be pessimistic so...
Oh really? Thats interesting! Well thats just my personal opinion that Berserk will never end happy.

I'm not sure the term "wander" is very appropriate for people in the Vortex, besides once they become part of it they lose their individuality.

haha, you caught me. I wasn't really sure what to say other then "wander" to represent the souls in the vortex.. I suppose "flow with" would of been a better choice of words, but on Vol. 3, page 135 Femto states in the middle panel "...and you shall wander within that dark swirl of souls for all eternity". But of course, could be another dumb DH translation problem :)

cheers.

(edit: haha, stupid spelling error. thanks Oltobaz ;) )

If I had to put money on who'd use the behelit I'd say Isidro. He has shown that "step on whomever I need to attain my ambition" attitude at times, and yet he doesn't seem to have the capacity to become anything as remarkable as his ambition demands. He doesn't have a valid sacrifice now, but there's plenty of time for him to aquire one, and Schierke seems a future possibility.

That's just my favorite out of the current group. Casca would be my first choice to attempt it if it weren't for the fact that Guts can't be sacrificed and there's really no telling whether a sacrifice can become an apostle anyway. If she ever did regain consciousness she could maybe want both an end to her emotional suffering and a way to regain her old role as griffith's follower. Becoming an apostle would do that. Even if a sacrifice could use the behelit though, I think Guts would be her only valid target and he's out of the question.

madd.dawgg

assgrabbed by berserk
Welcome. I'm like you, Black Knight, I'm far more of a reader than poster. But, here goes.

It doesn't matter where a beherit is located at any given time. If someone is destined to be an apostle, a beherit will show up. (A la Griffith's acquiring his just at the perfect time in spite of it being totally lost.) What I'm getting at is that just because Gutts has one on him, it doesn't mean it's more likely to be for someone near him. All that matters is that any given individual has the properties to become a demon.

Pure speculation? Gutts does the right thing and hands the beherit to SK for consumption.

madd.dawgg said:
All that matters is that any given individual has the properties to become a demon.

Hrmm, interesting... With the way things are going with regards to Guts and his cursed armour and living in the interstice he certainly has the potential to become something more than human.

I hope for one he can keep fending off the effects of the Beast when it taunts him. That or Schierke becomes a stronger witch and learns how to help him.

I don't think Guts is going to use the Beherit anytime soon. It would totally contradict what he has been striving and adventuring for, for quite some time. After all doesn't it have to be their desire, not just to have the properties?

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah, the beherit's active/summon the Godhand to answer someone's "deepest desire", or atleast thats what I gathered from volume 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom