Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled hands?

HawaiianStallion said:
Guts has yet to learn the secret techniques of the Dragon Slayer like the wind scar and its ultimate technique, the backlash wave!

ROFL, MAYBE THE TETSAIGA CAN BEAT THE DS!!!!!!!! (joking, Inuyasha's crap :serpico:)

No, but seriously, for a weapon to be as strong as the DS is, it really needs to have gone through what the DS went through: killing countless apostles and having their enegry absorbed on the blade. Another example of how it made the weapon strong was in the fight against Gurunberd. Gurunberd's dragon scales are stronger than steel, and an iron blade broke through them. For that to be possible, the weapon needs to have something special going for it.

(damn, my first post in a WHILE. Hope I didn't miss much at sk.net)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled han

I'd appreciate it if you guys calmed down on the InuYasha jokes and the like... Anyway:

Void Swordsman said:
Gurunberd's dragon scales are stronger than steel, and an iron blade broke through them. For that to be possible, the weapon needs to have something special going for it.

It's not exactly like that. Grunberd's body is made of Corundum, a very hard mineral (second hardest after diamond), meaning that it can only be scratched by itself or a diamond (well, there are exceptions though). However, mineral hardness differs from mineral fracture toughness, which is the capacity of a material to resist to fracture when suddenly stressed. While Corundum is also known for its excellent toughness among minerals, with enough force applied it can be cracked using steel, just like a diamond can be split with a $5 hammer.

Now it doesn't mean it's easy or that the Dragon Slayer's astral properties didn't help in a way, but it's not completely impossible otherwise.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
So what you're saying is... the only way the DS can become more powerful is to recreate it using different minerals! You sly fox, you! :carcus:

Kart

Resident /b/tard
The DS will never break, at least without due replacement, but I can bet that the DS will be a semi permanant part of the story. I think if the sword broke gutts would go mad.

Re: Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled han

just revisited this topic as i noticed it was "or object"

i doubt the DS could 'scratch' a beherit either, my speculation is that it would just bounce off much like the assasins bolt that hit griffith's

i think this was blatanetly obvious but noone had mentioned it :¬>

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

zooty said:
just revisited this topic as i noticed it was "or object"

i doubt the DS could 'scratch' a beherit either, my speculation is that it would just bounce off much like the assasins bolt that hit griffith's

i think this was blatanetly obvious but noone had mentioned it :¬>
beherit-scratch.jpg
Looks pretty dented to me. And that was just an arrow. It's utterly fruitless and ridiculous speculation but based on that, I'd wager the Beherit could be spliced with several weapons, the Dragon Slayer included. But, we'll never know of course (thank god...), since Beherits are strongly tied to Causality. They just don't end up in the wrong hands, especially someone with intentions to smash one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Walter said:
They just don't end up in the wrong hands, especially someone with intentions to smash one.

Well, SK did get his hands on a certain number of them, and melted them inside of... himself. :SK: If anything, this further proves that beherits aren't completely indestructible (along with your example), or at least that their physical selves can be altered. Griffith's beherit also never showed that dent again, and while it doesn't prove that it "regenerated", I think this was the case.

PS:
Impregnable_Beherit.jpg

Void Swordsman said:
ROFL, MAYBE THE TETSAIGA CAN BEAT THE DS!!!!!!!! (joking, Inuyasha's crap :serpico:)
killing countless apostles and having their enegry absorbed on the blade. A

I wouldnt say it is the energy that was absorb... since the DS was not a magical weapon to begin with... I think it is rather the spiritual essence remain in the sword after killing them...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Smith said:
I wouldnt say it is the energy that was absorb... since the DS was not a magical weapon to begin with... I think it is rather the spiritual essence remain in the sword after killing them...

I never imagined I'd see you discussing semantics on this board, Smith. Congratulations, although I wish it really deserved a post.

Top Bottom