Karma banning.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
as I recently started a web site (this aint no plug) i installed yabbse also, theres an option to have Karma.

I think karma would be a good way to rid the board of bad posting, -100 karma you're gone for a week, -200 a month and -300 out of the park.

F

Femto

DON'T FRET! WHEN I'M IN CHARGE AGAIN THE TRASH WILL BE TAKEN OUT!

SKuLL LoRD

I don't agree. People will smite somebody for no reason at all, and there are people like Majin who just love negative karma. I don't think karma is a way to determine who stays and who goes.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
I agree with Neo Genesis. Just because someone has high negative karma does not mean they should be banned. The karma might be a good indicator, but 'zero tolerance' would be wrong.

They use karma over at thehawks.org (you probably know this assuming you are the same Kart on that board), and it does add fun to the board, but people smite for many different reasons. In the end you might just be banning someone whose main transgression is having unpopular opinions, even if those opinions are expressed in a civilized manner. Even some of the admins have over -100 karma (Majin would be banned for a month by the standard you have proposed).

Also, what about overall karma? What if someone has -300 karma, but has +300 as well? Should the net karma be considered instead? Should someone with good karma (net or gross) get more benefits?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Who needs this Karma crap when you have Causality? If someone is destined to be banned, they'll make an ass of themselves and be banned for it. Cause and effect.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Walter said:
Who needs this Karma crap when you have Causality? If someone is destined to be banned, they'll make an ass of themselves and be banned for it. Cause and effect.
Xechnao is guts!

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Kart said:
as I recently started a web site (this aint no plug) i installed yabbse also, theres an option to have Karma.

I think karma would be a good way to rid the board of bad posting, -100 karma you're gone for a week, -200 a month and -300 out of the park.
Since everyone , at the hawks, can vote every six hours, that is 4 times a day, in one month a single individual can give at someone that he loaths much a -120 karma or if he likes him much a + 120 karma.In other words a lone member could decide if another member should get banned or if he should get promoted, at his whim.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
Since everyone , at the hawks, can vote every six hours, that is 4 times a day, in one month a single individual can give at someone that he loaths much a -120 karma or if he likes him much a + 120 karma.In other words a lone member could decide if another member should get banned or if he should get promoted, at his whim.

What's the difference? Xechnao is better than anyone at thehawks, anyway. ;D

-Griffith

This board needs a three strikes rule. A first strike would get a person a warning to stop flaming, spamming etc from the moderator. Second strike will get the person ban for a month. The third and final strike will be banning the person forever. So any thoughts about it.?

Top Bottom