Movies To Look Forward to

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
Idk if sum1 said this yet. But i'm looking foward to Pan's Labyrinth.
http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

Looks cool, but if I were Guillermo del Toro I'd write "Blade 2" off the resume. That movie was awful.

"From Guillermo Del Toro, the director of Hellboy... and nothing else (don't look)."

I bought Fearless from AnimeArigato....the action was..good, but Hero is still embedded in my brain and the action in Fearless as compared to Hero lacks...IMO! I want to see it in theatres because the subtitles were ATROCIOUS!!!!!!!!    I'm talkin bad people. So bad it was hard to take the film seriously.

And why is it advertised as Jet Li's Final Martial Arts Epic....or something akin to that????

I'm sure you guys have heard Jet Li and Jackie Chan are going to be working on a project together.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16521

Oburi

All praise Grail
Fearless looks cool. Here are some other movies that are coming, some are far off though, like late 2007.
Blood-the last vampire movie
Battle at Red Cliff(new Chow Yun+John Woo flick. With historical characters, Yun Fat is Liu Bie! like dynasty warriors.)
Driver (roger avary, one of my favorite directors).
There Will Be Blood(Paul T. Anderson- my personal favorite filmmaker)
Remake of Day of the Dead, The Blob and another Rush Hour and Rambo movie.

Oburi

All praise Grail
It's a little early to get excited about The Hobbit, but I can't help it. I wonder who will play Bilbo though. Ian Holm can't play a much younger Bilbo given all the stunts he would have to do. But they already shot a a scene from The Hobbit in Fellowship with Ian Holm as Bilbo, so they have to disregard that scene completely. Kinda shot themselves in the foot on that one.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Proj2501 said:
And why is it advertised as Jet Li's Final Martial Arts Epic....or something akin to that????

I'm sure you guys have heard Jet Li and Jackie Chan are going to be working on a project together.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16521

Well both of those guys are trying to get out of the martial arts thing. It would be really surreal to see them both in a non-martial arts movie, tho.

Aazealh said:
Terminator 4

...what?

Aazealh said:
Knight Rider movie

...what??

CnC, why did you not like Blade II? I thought that was the best entry in the blade trilogy.

As for Hero, I thought it was a bit melodramatic, one too many deaths in slow motion for me.

Although Fearless looks nice, and its by Ronny Yu!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Proj2501 said:
I pray ur kidding...until u say otherwise, I'm taking that as a joke.

Why is that so hard to believe? He's not my alltime favorite, I exaggerated. But Boogie Nights and Magnolia are two of my favorite movies. He's definitely up there for me. My favorite directors though would probably be between Kubrick, Leone, Scorsese, Keaton (ah theres so many) and a few others. But P.T.A is still great. Why do you think thats a joke?

As for Hero, I thought it was a bit melodramatic, one too many deaths in slow motion for me

Yea same for me, but I did like it.

CnC, why did you not like Blade II? I thought that was the best entry in the blade trilogy.

It was the best but you know what, they all sucked so it dosn't matter.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
But P.T.A is still great. Why do you think thats a joke?
Well, I think Proj was another victim of an oft and understandable confusion: Paul T. Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, et al) is NOT Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Aliens VS Predator; secret lover and confidant of Uwe Boll).

Blade II..............
Two words, fellas: Vaginal-mouthed Vampires.

Any way you slice it, that movie was embarassing.

Oberi said:
Why is that so hard to believe? He's not my alltime favorite, I exaggerated. But Boogie Nights and Magnolia are two of my favorite movies.  He's definitely up there for me.  My favorite directors though would probably be between Kubrick, Leone, Scorsese, Keaton (ah theres so many) and a few others. But P.T.A is still great. Why do you think thats a joke?

Wow dude.....my bad. I totally wasn't paying attention like I should've been I thought u meant the boob who did AVP. My bad broski.Party on!

EDIT: Thanx Walter, I is retarded. :(
http://beanretarded.ytmnd.com/

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
CnC said:
...who brought us such gems like "Freddy Vs. Jason"!!!!    :schierke:

As far as action movies go F VS J was one of the better actions movie I remember seeing in a while. [it's also tied for best comedy along with Resident Evil]

Also Blade 2 wasn't so bad when you compare it to # 3. (I can't stop apologizing to my eyes for the pain and punishment I dished out on to them.)

Honestly what were they thinking when they were ruining Dracula? "Hey lets make Dracula into a total bitch that looks like some sort of fucking retarded model."

CnC said:
Hero probably would be the best movie to watch in HD (actually most of the movies by that director would be).  I don't know if its on any of the new formats, tho.

Well firstly when you talk about the "Blade Trilogy", saying theres a best entry is like saying every shit-pile has a silver lining.  Blade 1 was ok but had some of the worst sfx in history (main villain was a pussy) and the third was a joke (10 minute chase between Blade and Dracula....on foot... up stairs... zzzzzz).  The second had an extremely thin plot with stale performances (and was boring, imo).  And like Walter said, the designer had some kind of vagina-phobia.

...who brought us such gems like "Freddy Vs. Jason"!!!!    :schierke:
actually I'll still see Fearless...

Actually I thought Freddy vs. Jason was an excellent movie. It had good practical effects, not too many shitty cgi like any other movie now, the final fight was staged perfectly. It was a knock-down brawl, which was fitting, and also Freddy was made scary again. He was basically a burnt clown  in a sweater for the last couple of the Elm Street movies and it was good to see Freddy actually be somewhat of a darker character again. I thought it was a great movie, and could have been a HELL of a lot worse.

Also Ronny Yu has made a ton of great martial arts movies, such as The Bride With White Hair and China White, and good asian horror with Bless This House, so having him at the helm with Fearless makes me more excited than I would usually be with this kind of movie.

And yes, Blade 3 was a pile of shit.

TheBeast43105 said:
Freddy was made scary again. He was basically a burnt clown in a sweater for the last couple of the Elm Street movies and it was good to see Freddy actually be somewhat of a darker character again.

Not to mention he has the coolest fight move ever. The fight in the warehouse where he humps/thrusts at Jason, sending him flying back against the wall. Best move ever. :guts:

Walter said:
Vaginal-mouthed Vampires.

LOL, none of the Blade movies were that great, I agree, however the second was my favorite. I liked the vag vampires, LOL (well, really only the son...). I kind of liked the final part of the movie where he's attacking the complex because it reminded me of the opening cgi for Tekken 4 (LOL :serpico:) however the Blade vs. Vampire Hit Squad fight in front of those bright lights made me want to cringe, the effects were so terrible. :judo:

Oburi

All praise Grail
WOOW for a kiddie flick this seems really cool. A new Luc Besson film (the first he's directed since The Messenger) Leon is one of my favorite movies ever. And this looks really interesting.

www.arthuretlesminimoys.com

You can watch the trailer in french or go to the English page to see it in English.
I think Puck should have a cameo in this movie.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
The wife and i are looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean 3 when ever that comes out.. which mind you for those that didn't know, they made back to back with number 2. They had said so in an interview in Japan.....

Oburi

All praise Grail
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
The wife and i are looking forward to Pirates of the Caribbean 3 when ever that comes out.. which mind you for those that didn't know, they made back to back with number 2. They had said so in an interview in Japan.....

My hereo Chow Yun Fat is going to be in it. Does anybody else love Hard Boiled, The KIller, A Better Tomarow and ABT 2.

I thought Blade 1 was a decent movie and enjoyed it. I was expecting Blade 2 to be enjoyable as well. Blade 2 was a total letdown, it was just so fucking stupid. How the hell did Whistler come back? You can't just kill a character in one movie, and then in the sequal he is unexplainably not dead. I can't even imagine what the process was like to convince the studio and directors that the inclusion of a dead character into the script was an acceptable move.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jesus guys, this has turned into the Blade II thread. This stops NOW. If you want to say more on the subject, modify your own posts and turn it into a Blade blog, for all I care, but STOP FILLING THE THREAD WITH THIS SHIT.

That is all.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Jesus guys, this has turned into the Blade II thread. This stops NOW. If you want to say more on the subject, modify your own posts and turn it into a Blade blog, for all I care, but STOP FILLING THE THREAD WITH THIS SHIT.

That is all.
Did someone want to talk about Blade? :troll:

Anyways, while the wife and I watch one of the movies, we noticed that Disney is really running out of ideas.

One of the movies in question was one about this Lion at the Zoo who has a son lion... touchy emotional stuff happens and the kid gets kidnapped and the Dad sets out to find him... man, sure does sound like Finding Nemo.

Another movie was about this guy who is becoming a emergency rescue boat guy which in Japan they just had this series which is pretty much the same thing, this one may have been just a coincidence but just an observation.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyways, while the wife and I watch one of the movies, we noticed that Disney is really running out of ideas.

Yea I think their losing their touch when it comes to new and original ideas. Or maybe their relying on the new state of the art animation instead of good old fashion storytelling. Damn there has certainly been lot's animal's trying to escape, find a lost father, or get to some kind of paradise. And another one is coming out soon too.

Top Bottom