Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots thread

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Have you guys seen the Revolutions controller? It's kinda funky to me personally, but Nintendo is smart, since they can't compete with power and rule over with 3rd party support, they plan on making great 1st party support and finding different ways to play games to attract people.

CnC

Ad Oculos
its 3am, and i'm drunk off my ass eating a pizza with the other hand, so i'll try to answer this coherently:

nintendo seems to be trying to corner the "gameplay over graphics" market. Ps3 seems to be trying to corner the "graphics" market, feeling gameplay should come from the 3rd party developers.

Never mind, I'm too drunk to answer. However not too much so to notice the revolution discussion is on another thread.

Cheers, fella's. see you in the morning.... :badbone:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
CnC said:
its 3am, and i'm drunk off my ass eating a pizza with the other hand, so i'll try to answer this coherantly:

nintendo seems to be trying to corner the "gameplay over graphics" market. Ps3 seems to be trying to corner the "graphics" market, feeling gameplay should come from the 3rd party developers.

Never mind, I'm too drunk to answer. However not too much so to notice the revolution discussion is on another thread.

Cheers, fella's. see you in the morning.... :badbone:
What kind of pizza?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
two slices of pepperoni

mmm... damn good, my friend, damn good

Pffff, I'm on my sixth slice of the day, got my jack right by my side, and was just talking to my GF in my Solid Snake voice, even though she has no idea who that is.

P.S. I don't know what my point is either.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
Pffff, I'm on my sixth slice of the day, got my jack right by my side, and was just talking to my GF in my Solid Snake voice, even though she has no idea who that is.

P.S. I don't know what my point is either.
Hey it doesnt matter. You got the pizza, the liquor and the chick! Life is good

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Hey it doesnt matter. You got the pizza, the liquor and the chick! Life is good

And the dog just pissed on the rug. She can smell happiness, and she doesn't like it; dog urine solves both problems.

ZODDGUTSU said:
Trailer for you folks:

http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv

BTW It looks like 10 years has passed since MGS 2.

A bit weird for me looking at those pics of Old Solid Snake he looks  and I'm not kidding just like my uncle heck they have the same beard around the same age around in his late 50's and he smokes too!.  :eek:

From what I see in the trailer it looks good and it says it's actual gameplay not CG.

Edit: Konami should put up a much better trailer with higher quality soon:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mgs4_04.html

The official site has the trailer up to stream....im havin problems viewing....is anyone else.....and does anyone know where i can dl this bad boy?!

It's only available on that website. Konami asked that this be the only available way to see the online trailer. And yeah, I'm having troubles too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
the website's overwhelmed right now (supposedly), and its streaming content.

I'd just wait.

oh, and btw Griffith, they were 2 of those friggin huge, half of a pie almost pieces. I was plenty stuffed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That part is interesting:

Gamespot said:
The mechs that are seen walking together with soldiers and tanks in the trailer are a new type of Metal Gear called gekkou, which means "moonlight" in Japanese. They're a mixture of mech and creature; the upper half of the body is mechanical, but the legs are organic. "They're extremely fast, but they'll bleed and fall down if Snake shoots their legs--though of course, it's difficult to actually hit them,"

Not just mini-MGs but weird cyborgs...

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/japanese/mgs4_01.html

Looks like it could be organic...yes i read the article....but look at the pic...the back part ot the leg is mechanical.....OK so it looks like a cyborg....but to me....cyborg metal gears?...i dont buy it....im stickin with just "Ray legs"

And to add the geekness to this post..What would be the purpose of makin a Walking Tank that much vunerable to attack by making it have organic legs.....it doesnt add up!!!!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What would be the purpose of makin a Walking Tank that much vunerable to attack by making it have organic legs.....it doesnt add up!!!!

What's the purpose of making a walking tank whose legs will always be vulnerable anyway? With that kind of urban environment it's useless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Ok buddy....then bust this....tell me the use of makin organic legs when bullets wouldnt effect metal legs?

Robotics don't allow for the flexibility of organic legs, obviously. They can't run as fast or be as agile, nor as stable. :casca:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
What's the purpose of making a walking tank whose legs will always be vulnerable anyway? With that kind of urban environment it's useless.
God, I'm plummeting into nerdville for even commenting on this subject, but a biped (i.e. walking) tank has more uses in a war-torn urban environment than a treaded tank does (especially if they can be produced en masse). The 1st/2nd generation tanks of WWII consistently had difficulties navigating through the ruined French and German streets. A biped tank is more equipped to a changing landscape, such as a suddenly-collapsed bridge.

Top Bottom