Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a full review, but here's some info.

-----

Some slight information about the different playing modes: we'll be able to fight the end-level bosses we defeated already at any time through a special mode. There's also the "100 (or more) enemies killing" mode we could see in the trailers, where you've got to clean the level as fast as possible.

Basically it's like for the DC game, there may be more to it though.

Notice that Sammy's official Berserk site got a big upgrade today, with the Branded Box cover revealed ::), the menu renewed, a new Puck "typing" game (first one got some levels unlocked too), more info about the places the game sets in, a map of the relations between the characters (including Flora, Charles, Morgan, the God Hand, etc), a video based user's guide with Puck giving tips, and interviews/pictures of the voice actors at work (Zodd's one looks kinda cool imho).

Aazealh said:
"100 enemies killing" mode
Clever :).

Random comment: There's a listing for Puck's voice actor in the interviews ( http://www.sammy.co.jp/berserk/html/kaihatu/kaihatu02.html ), but its not listed in the menu... you need to keep using the Next Page links.

On that note: I know they've set the photos up for the purpose, but I'm amazed that most of the voice actors actually do look at least vaguely similar to the characters. I mean, Corcus isn't being voiced by a 400-pound woman or anything. I always sort of expect to be shocked at how different people look from what you'd expect, in these sort of cases.

yynderjohn said:
JUST called NCS and they confirmed that they are shipping this afternoon around 4:30pm.   
JD

Thanks. But damn they said that today their only shipping 1/3 of the Branded Boxes out to people.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
On that note: I know they've set the photos up for the purpose, but I'm amazed that most of the voice actors actually do look at least vaguely similar to the characters.

Yeah well, I thought the same when I saw them, it's kinda eerie, even the guy that plays Void has a weird look :-X.

See for the information side ive heard that people cant load it up with swap magic disc's etc? least that is what they say at gamefaqs....but then again i dont know how much i would trust the minds of some of those people they probably using the CD-ROM boot disc instead of DVD boot disc....

But just curious if anyone else has had problems loading it im gonna be modding my PS2 and purchasing this game soon. Wanna make sure its reliable with swap magic technologie

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:
See for the information side ive heard that people cant load it up with swap magic disc's etc?

No idea, but people also said so about the demo anyway...

A sure thing on the contrary is that the game has pretty long zone-loadings compared to other recent PS2 games from what some players seem to say.

That's probably true... the demo levels took quite a while to load.

I mean, not SiN long or anything... but long enough for you to become bored of the loading screen background image.

(Umm, admittedly though, I really didn't like one of the two background images (Guts with a photoshopped Terminator-like glowing red eye). The Orgre one was good).

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
CrimGhost said:
NCSX is charging an extra $10 to those who ordered the branded box. At the last minute, to cover supplier charges!
CrimGhost said:
But damn they said that today their only shipping 1/3 of the Branded Boxes out to people.
This sucks, at this rate I won't have it for two weeks!! :eek:
But That was what I was expecting, but the extra ten bucks is a bit of a penilty. :(
At least MK:D is easing my wait. :)

Apparently YesAsia has been telling people with pre-orders that the release date has moved back to 11/10/04 or something (11th of October, I mean)

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Mine started shipping since yesterday but I just checked my tracking but it is still in HK I did order the fastest shipping from playasia, lets hope it gets here in less than a week I am dying to get my hands on it :D

I got mine today and it kicks ass! Right off the bat at close to the start of the game you get to fight Zoddo in both forms while griffith stands there.
Its just like the manga with the exception of a level I passed where u meet a few old friends =)

I wish I could read the captions!
The branded box only came with a special bloody blackswordsman figure.
Neat but not worth the extra 50 bucks.

I was hoping I would just be abl;e to boot using the swap magic dvd.
Nope, I had to boot it just like the demo.
Swapmagic CD to cd loader7 to dvd swap magic to game disk.
Pain in the ass but oh well at least I can play it.

DosU2Death, i am going to get my PS2 a flip top and the swap magic loaders.. So if i get this right you have to run the swap magic CD loader, then switch to the swap magic DVD loader, and then you can boot the game?

Darkadien Zurel said:
DosU2Death, i am going to get my PS2 a flip top and the swap magic loaders.. So if i get this right you have to run the swap magic CD loader, then switch to the swap magic DVD loader, and then you can boot the game?

Yeah, here's what I have and how I get it to work.

Start by booting with swapmagic CD 3.0
Use the slide card to swap to CDloader 7
when cdloader comes up and asks you to inset disk, use the eject button and swap out for DVD SwapMagic hit X (twice) until it tells you to insert disk using EA method then use the slide card once again and throw in the game.

See ive heard the slide card can fuck up your eject tray which is no issue if you got a flip top i guess but in all means dont wanna fuck up my PS2 eject tray.... however even if this game may be a pain to load seems rather worth it from all the trailers...been watching them all like 2 times a night >.<

do u have to unzip the file and then burn it and also could u use 2.0. mines coming monday so could u answer asap i just might find the 3.0 and buy it anyway.

EDIT:
sry i actually meant cd 2.0 and i mean i downloaded cdloader of the main site so i just burn the file has it is or unzip it so theres a .exe anyway. i already order a swap cd 3.2 last night

Yeah I dont think forcing the tray open with the slide card is the best way but its all I got right now after a failed attempt at soldering a chip.
I have a warrenty with my ps2 anyways so if it breaks in the next two years I'm covered =)
I didnt fight griffith, maybe its one of those extras after u finish the game. I saw that trailer that showed a fight with griffith on the field of swords but I didnt get to yet. I've just got passed the part that the demo was on (Much different although it looks the same at the start) I wont ruin it for u guys.
Macrosso:
I dont know what u mean by "unzip" If you got a copy off of some filesharing program then you'll have to make a disk from an image file of some sort. As far as 2.0, I dont really know what else works. I only tried what I had with the exception of cdloader 7 which I had two versions
plain 7 and 7 (all)
I dont really know WTF that means but plain 7 didnt work so I d-loaded cdloader 7 all and that finally worked.
If you mean swap magic DVD version 2.0 then yes thats what I used.
But remember you have to start with swap magic CD version, the DVD version isnt used until step 3

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ok guys, all these Swap Magic and such questions are neat, but it's a thread about the game itself. The game is probably as easy to boot as the demo, and if you've got modchip/flip top specific questions, there are tons of sites dedicated to it (and you can ask by PM if needed).

What I'd recommend is a non-soldering modchip, it allows you to swap cds very conveniently.

Now, I'd like the future posts to talk about the game itself only (or infos about the game shipping, etc).

DosU2Death said:
The branded box only came with a special bloody blackswordsman figure.
Neat but not worth the extra 50 bucks.

Ugh yeah, if I had the choice I think I'd cancel my order and just buy the standard version, I'm disappointed at Sammy.

well i came into the game so late that i couldnt find anywhere to buy the branded box. But honestly researching it the standard normal version seemed the best flow 50 bucks for a spectial box and 1 toy? you can go to ebay and buy one for like 30... maybe not with blood but **shrugs**

At any rate as much as i love Sammy for such games as Guilty Gear and so forth.... seems they totally fucked people on this deal... same as other companys are starting to stiff people.... saying release dates were pushed back and charging exstra money WTF is this world coming to!

A man just wants his Berserk and thats all not a kick in the nuts!

**rambles on into the distance....**

P.S. Im hearing nothing but good news on this one from everyone... at gamespot it got a perfect 10... only complaint ive seen is loading time

Top Bottom