Review/Informations - PS2 Berserk game

Yeah I would suggest the normal version opposed to the branded box.
The game inside is exactly the same except it has branded box written on it =P

DosU2Death said:
Yeah I would suggest the normal version opposed to the branded box.

I agree. Damn I could of bought Naruto 2 with that extra $50!

This is from a post on GameFaqs on the unlockables or some of them.
I posted my thoughts on it in the other "I got it" thread.

Once you finish it, a boss battle option opens up, allowing you to fight any of the bosses in the game. Also, a series of mission type stages open up (kill 200 monsters in a set amount of time, fight from an almost dead condition etc.) and clearing each of these gives you a new weapon, like Guts old sword when he was captain of the Kirikomi or that Earth elemental axe which he refuses. You can then use these weapons in the boss battle mode, and when you start a new game or continue from your clear save you can pick one to use instead of the Goroshi.

I unlocked them all (not that hard, but fun) and they don't seem to be that much different, just cool looking. Most of them are shorter than the Goroshi as well, which makes things a bit tougher, and some are definitely weaker.

There is one final weapon, which be for getting 0% on every cleared level, so I am going to do that next. You can continue from a clear save with the same Guts powerups, and I will go through Normal again and get the weapon eventually. But now I have seen everything in the game, it is just a grind to kill all those monsters ^-^

Did I say how much I want this game to come to the states? ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DosU2Death said:

It's actually quite a ripoff, considering I got the figure itself (same without the blood) one year ago for $20...

Nice quote dwarfkicker, though I had said most of it already :p (not as clearly and well put, I admit). I definitely can't wait to receive that game.

Oh, and when you get to 0%, you get the incredible honor of being rewarded by a chestnut burr from Puck ;D.

One huge difference from the dreamcast game is that your sword doesnt bounce off the walls and surrounding like it did on Sega.

Man I'll say it again..... It SUCKS not being able to read the captions!

Just beat the game.
Grunbeld is one tough mutha F#@!<er Both forms are really tough but beatable. The only way to damage him while in dragon form is to get off a berserk move (when the brand appears)
The cut scenes are sooooo kick ass! late in the game you get to see a cut scene of the whole griffith rebirth whilch looks really cool in CGI. The other cut scenes are good too especially the late ones.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Just as I thought, it stops after Grunbeld :p. Otherwise, can you tell us more about the different levels DosU2Death ? It seems that you often have to progress and get to some point in the game to end the level rather than just mindlessly killings enemies, and that if you do some exploration instead of going straight to the end, the characters will evolve.

puella

Berserk forever
Other screenshots from the Korean Berserk PS2 game.

bsk08_RESIZED.jpg

62584_7_RESIZED.jpg

62584_6_RESIZED.jpg

62584_10_RESIZED.jpg

62388_RESIZED.jpg

22995_9_RESIZED.jpg

23066_8_RESIZED.jpg

23066_6_RESIZED.jpg

23066_11_RESIZED.jpg

62097_4_RESIZED.jpg

62102_9_RESIZED.jpg

http://webc.sayclub.co.kr/hpslot-4/hp/blob4/659/583/3/3583659/article/209519298/14/62106_8_RESIZED.jpg"></P>

[img]http://webc.sayclub.co.kr/hpslot-4/hp/blob4/659/583/3/3583659/article/209519298/15/62158_5_RESIZED.jpg

62158_9_RESIZED.jpg

23066_5_RESIZED.jpg

62158_4_RESIZED.jpg

62106_8_RESIZED.jpg

22995_4_RESIZED.jpg

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Man I seriously need translations of the menus and stuff, I dotn know what to upgrade, and I dont know what some things do, like when you said it shows a picture of the brand on your health meter, what are you suppose to do there?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
like when you said it shows a picture of the brand on your health meter, what are you suppose to do there?

If you press "triangle", Guts will execute a special attack on an enemy, and kill it. If it's a boss, he'll lose much life.

Guess you should have played the demo more instead of sharing it ;).

SlimJ87D said:
Man I seriously need translations of the menus and stuff, I dotn know what to upgrade, and I dont know what some things do, like when you said it shows a picture of the brand on your health meter, what are you suppose to do there?
I know man, I really want a translator. =P
Ive upgraded all but not sure what each one does. The first on the list is the triangle (swing around) attack. The 3rd or 4th (whichever the most expensive is) is for your attack power. Once you upgrade it to level 3 t becomes maxed out and guts starts holding the sword on his shoulder kinda like when he's in berserk mode.

Most of the levels can pretty much be skipped. What I mean is that you can just run past the enemies to the "marker" on the map or the only dire4ction you can go.
Some levels require you to go back and retrace steps to acomplish all prereqs to get to the next level.

After you beat it and try the "100 animal kill" which is basically try and kill 100 enemies in a row and you get a new weapon to fight the boss battle with. There are different levels of difficulty to get different weapons. Guts however swings the various swords just like the dragon slayer no matter how puny the sword/knife he is using.
Its kinda funny to see guts lose his balance swinging Casca's sword.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
DosU2Death said:
I know man, I really want a translator. =P
Ive upgraded all but not sure what each one does. The first on the list is the triangle (swing around) attack. The 3rd or 4th (whichever the most expensive is) is for your attack power. Once you upgrade it to level 3 t becomes maxed out and guts starts holding the sword on his shoulder kinda like when he's in berserk mode.

If I just started the game, what should the first thing I that should be upgraded. Man I get so many typos because I play games or watch people play games at my house while typing.

----

Stamina 20 000
Berserker Mode 15 000
Sword Speed 45 000
Sword ??? 7500
Concentrated attack (triangle) 10 000
Cannon Arm 20 000
Bowgun 10 000
Mini-grenades 15 000
Knifes throwing 7500

Sorry for the post one after another*, but someone translated it, here you guys go, hope it helps!

* Fixed it

SlimJ87D said:
Stamina 20 000
Berserker Mode 15 000
Sword Speed 45 000
Sword ??? 7500
Cannon Arm 20 000
Bowgun 10 000
Mini-grenades 15 000
Knifes throwing 7500

someone translated it, here you guys go, hope it helps!

Hey, you can credit me :p

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=37167&topic=16755933

Anyway, hello I am a french fan of Berserk actually playing the game and knowing a bit of japanese^^

SlimJ87D

Apollo
CygnusX said:
Hey, you can credit me :p

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=37167&topic=16755933

Anyway, hello I am a french fan of Berserk actually playing the game and knowing a bit of japanese^^

Well I said someone else did it, I didn't say I did it. But sorry for not menchining your Gamefaqs name.

SlimJ87D said:
Well I said someone else did it, I didn't say I did it. But sorry for not menchining your Gamefaqs name.

Don't worry i was just teasing you^^

I found the last one:

Stamina 20 000
Berserker Mode 15 000
Sword Speed 45 000
Sword Combos 7500
Cannon Arm 20 000
Bowgun 10 000
Mini-grenades 15 000
Knifes throwing 7500

CygnusX said:
Don't worry i was just teasing you^^

I found the last one:

Stamina 20 000
Berserker Mode 15 000
Sword Speed 45 000
Sword Combos  7500
Cannon Arm 20 000
Bowgun 10 000
Mini-grenades 15 000
Knifes throwing 7500

Sweet! Thats what i'm talkin bout thanks!

Now all we need is someone to translate every cut scene =P

As well as relevant parts of the manual :). I expect there're at least one or two small things about the controls that we haven't figured out yet (holding the strafe button while attacking allows for some different attacks, for example, and I'm sure at one point, while playing the demo, I triggered some sort of new sword attack while I was skidding backwards from an armcannon blast).

I assume the 'concentrated attack' is the brand attack, presumably making the brand pop up more frequently? (Or just the spinning attack?)

Top Bottom