SkullKast 144 (Berserk 373-374)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 144: (Berserk 373-374) (1h30m)

With Aazealh, Grail and Gobolatula visiting together in person, we couldn't resist recording together for the release of Ep 374, in which... well, not much happened! We also discuss the release of Volume 42, what we think is up next for the voyage at sea, and how close we feel to the end of the series, now that one of the few known developments for the future has sprung into action.

Like the show and want to support our translation efforts? Starting at $5 a month, you can listen to more than 29 mini-podcasts—with new releases each month. Check out the details on our Patreon!

Latest Minipod—#29: Baldur's Gate 3 & The Bonfire of Dreams
It's been 30 years this week since the Bonfire of Dreams was published in Young Animal, can you believe it? We talk about it and why it's got such an important place in the series. But first we discuss Baldur's Gate 3 and its role in the fantasy RPG landscape.

Use a podcast app on your phone? You can search for us there or simply copy+paste the link in the image below!

Wow, I didn't realize there wasn't a podcast to discuss the previous episode and the content in the episode was poor enough where, probably for the first time, there's no dedicated podcast to discuss it. Pretty unfortunate. I laughed spretty hard at Grail's comment "...Guts hasn't gotten off off the floor for the past several episodes..."

The soldier's dialog is very weird and disjointed ... not sure if they used software to translate Japanese words into Devangiri text. There's a reference to horses and not to go here and there on a horse which doesn't add up because they're on a boat. There is also something disjointed ... not allowing something or not surrendering to something.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The soldier's dialog is very weird and disjointed ... not sure if they used software to translate Japanese words into Devangiri text. There's a reference to horses and not to go here and there on a horse which doesn't add up because they're on a boat. There is also something disjointed ... not allowing something or not surrendering to something.
Perhaps they took Kushan text from a previous episode and slapped it there.

kushanhorses.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize there wasn't a podcast to discuss the previous episode and the content in the episode was poor enough where, probably for the first time, there's no dedicated podcast to discuss it.
I think in one of the reread podcast episodes which came out after 373 they said they don't want to make podcasts about episodes where all they do is criticize it negatively and that they'd rather speak about Berserk in a fun way. Apart from special occasions (here Aaz visiting Gobs and Grail) or remarkable events we won't get them anymore if I understood correctly.
Which is fine by me, the continuation podcast episodes mostly showed me what other details the team got wrong that I didn't immediately notice and I'd rather have the podcast speak about the great things Miura did that I didn't notice or forgot :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I didn't realize there wasn't a podcast to discuss the previous episode and the content in the episode was poor enough where, probably for the first time, there's no dedicated podcast to discuss it. Pretty unfortunate.

I think in one of the reread podcast episodes which came out after 373 they said they don't want to make podcasts about episodes where all they do is criticize it negatively and that they'd rather speak about Berserk in a fun way.
We explained the change here: https://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?threads/skullkast-140-duel-vol-29-3-vol-30-1.16478/

When we do a Berserk continuation podcast, that means the re-read podcast gets delayed. And after 373, none of us had too much to say, and it was such a bummer anyway, so we did a re-read. For 374, a few of us had some stuff we wanted to point out, but mostly Aaz was in the states, so we took the occasion to record. Beyond that though, I've always found it painful to feign interest in something. I've got to be honest about it. And if I don't like something, I don't want to spend 1.5h complaining about it. I'd rather do something I enjoy. But that's just me!

Doing a review for both episodes 373 and 374 was definitely the right choice, I honestly couldn't imagine an entire Skullkast ep on 373.
Though if you really want to have stuff to talk about, you guys could wait until there's a volume's worth of episodes out and do it like a volume review.
But with the pace of the releases this could mean around a year between each review, and depending on the content of the episodes, maybe even way too much to talk about in a single podcast episode.
The last choice and the easiest one being you guys deciding on whether to do a podcast on the current episode or not, depending on if there's stuff to talk about. Which is probably what you're going with.
Just throwing out some ideas. In any case, great episode as always :guts:

Top Bottom