Skullknight Full Size Costume

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
I was thinking about the eyes. I think the lights would be too distracting or hard to see if he was walking around. I assume he is dressed in like a light ninja suit and that's why we can't see his eyes inside but he is still able to see okay, possibly.

Yeah that'd be a problem, but there are always ways around if you're motivated enough. :slan:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That really is an incredible costume. And just in time for Halloween 2011. :carcus: What would happen if somebody went trick-or-treating in that thing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DirectDK said:
UN-FUCKING-REAL. James sent me these two pictures and I was like...

"WOWWWW, that's amazing. How is it standing on its own?"

James replies

"That's me inside it."​

The only better answer: "It came to life!"​

It's not too late either, make it happen (I recommend magic over electricity) and it'll be like you're in a cheesy 80's movie where you're livin' with the Skull Knight. It'll be Mannequin meets Weird Science meets Harry and the Hendersons!

Anyway, that's truly awesome work; you need to go fight crime or scare the hell out of people in that thing. :badbone:

turkitage

ターク
I went to Dragon Con (in Atlanta, Georgia) and meet up with James (super cool guy!!!) to help him out with the Skullknight costume so he could compete in the contest. The way the costume is made it's really hard to put it on by yourself, or maybe impossible. But it's SOOOOO freakin cool in person. We walked around at the event and most people didn't know who he was from...however it didn't stop them from guessing. "Skeletor??? Shredder from Ninja Turtles?? Raiden??" All of which was kinda annoying people would even THINK of those. However, we also got several others that knew it and would tell us how awesome it was. It's no doubt a very extravagant costume, but amazing.

Anyways here is a picture of Skullknight and as you can see the cape is black! The cloth is pretty thin yet strong and it does have a brown tint when you get up real close to it (or when flash is on from the last photo) he is going to dye it more black as he didn't notice it earlier when he bought it.

6112749909_bc54f17952_b.jpg

Also like Aaz said... lights are possible! James apparently already had lights in the eyes and it was just hard to see last photo. James also said the lights aren't distracting and doesn't make it hard to see at all. So he wears a full ninja suit with cut out eyes and mouth and there is a piece of tinted glass for Skullknights eyes. Here is a close up below. You can see his eyes in this one because I'm so close but normally if you are even a foot away you can't actually see James eyes at all.

6113294256_0c4fe1b9e7_b.jpg

So yeah, I met Skull Knight this weekend. I'm kinda a big deal now :ganishka:.

SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO NICE. So amazed by James.

Turkitage said:
So yeah, I met Skull Knight this weekend. I'm kinda a big deal now :ganishka:.

LOLOL, damn right you are! I want to meet Skully too!!!

X

Xem

Damn not only did I miss my buddies bachelor party at D-con but Skull Knight as well?! For shame...

turkitage

ターク
DirectDK said:
SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO NICE. So amazed by James.

LOLOL, damn right you are! I want to meet Skully too!!!

lol you're so silly. But yeah it's amazing in person and compared to the rest of the costumes nothing came close. We got soooo many looks by people, it's like I was walking with a celebrity!!! Even though most of them didn't know who he was. :puck:

Aazealh said:
Cool stuff. Since you didn't mention it, I imagine he didn't win the contest. A real shame.

The costume contest James was originally going to was Friday at 8. However, after getting there and finding out the details that contest was a specific theme that he didn't fit in. They have like 139049843 different costume contests over the course of 5 days. So the one on Saturday was a "Hallway" contest where all you do is take a picture and they put it on the wall then people vote for it throughout the day, I THINK. I have no clue how to tell who won etc, guess I'll check out the site later. The actual contest that James could have went to was on Sunday (where you stand up on stage and people vote..etc) but he was too exhausted and was actually leaving on Sunday. So it kind of sucked that on the description for Fridays contest it wasn't specific enough to say it's for costumes with a certain material etc and that threw the whole thing off. Either way, James partakes in the Saturday parade every year with his Battlestar Galactica costume so walking around as Skull Knight was just a bonus.

DAMN that looks SO COOL!! You're one lucky guy Turkitage ; )!! Thanks for the info on the convention and how it went with Skull Knight~san ^_^. He looks like a frackin ladykiller in that 2nd picture!

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Whoa, looking snappy! It's a shame about how things turned out with the contest, but James is still a winner in my book! :ubik:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Extremely awesome. It's too bad I didn't catch this in person - or meet up with any of you guys - while I was at Dragoncon this year! We sk.net'rs gotta remember to get in touch next year, at least long enough to say hi and grab a snack or something.

turkitage

ターク
Lithrael said:
Extremely awesome. It's too bad I didn't catch this in person - or meet up with any of you guys - while I was at Dragoncon this year! We sk.net'rs gotta remember to get in touch next year, at least long enough to say hi and grab a snack or something.

!! Awww, I didn't know you lived in Georgia too. I knew Deci did but I didn't even think about it till too late. I'll make sure to set it up next time around for sure.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
That would be awesome! Yeah, I live in ATL but had limited D*con time this year cause I had to go to work too. One of my friends showed me a photo of Skullknight on their phone like 'check this out!' and I was like OMG HE IS HERE?? I had my eyes peeled after that, but that was already Sunday so.. :judo:

There's an online competition for best costume at one of the premiere costume design boards.

There's no registration required to cast the vote.

Vote for # 7 Skull Knight!!! Let's show em some Berserk love :SK:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/rpf-2nd-annual-halloween-contest-male-vote-now-131579/

Top Bottom