Street Fighter IV

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Some new screens were released today. The first of which looks like Ken about to totally wail on Ryu's Hurricane Cock:
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3163673&mId=3459341

From this shot, I think it's definitely a 3D fighting game:
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=1&p=&g=&tr=&mt=0&cId=3163673

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I don't even own a 360 and the HD remix has me more excited.

haha.. well get one already and get in with the SK.net friends list :badbone:

Walter said:
Some new screens were released today. The first of which looks like Ken about to totally wail on Ryu's Hurricane Cock:
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3163673&mId=3459341

From this shot, I think it's definitely a 3D fighting game:
http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=1&p=&g=&tr=&mt=0&cId=3163673

God these shots just look awful in still form... makes me wonder why they post it like that. This needs video or nothing else, really.

Not sure if this should be in the youtube thread instead, but watching the video reminded me of how great SF2 was to me, and what SF4 hopefully would turn out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7U8F3w2RE

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Thanks for the link!!

In motion, I can see where they're going with it. It looks great when you see the moves flowing and the attacks being blurted out.. it's just the stills that blow. I'm not huge into fighters, but own Soul Calibur III and see enormous attention to detail at any given time. I almost don't want to play this because if I win or lose a fight, I'll have to go through with looking at Bruce Banner in white gi punching the air. Hopefully Capcom will focus on gameplay. Lord knows SCIII and various other fighters are broken.

I'll agree that nothing is final and they could improve things. Sadly, so long as the female cast is smoking hot, it'll sell.

P.S. I hate Shane Bettenhausen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-IuPwIKQ1s

Here's a youtube link containing most of the gameplay for those who do not want to sit through the rest of the stuff from the original video.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Hey, it looks like it plays like Street Fighter... even if it also kind of looks like Donkey Kong Country visually. =)

From what I got out of the vids and interview is that this is still a SF game but is focusing on the offensive, so much so that things like parry's and such are gone altogether and replaced with several new attacks including supers, and ultra's (super supers) as well as a new bar which will do something interesting hopefully.

Otherwise I gotta say I do love the more visceral looking combat. Nice to see a guy actually look in pain when you land a good clean punch to his gut.

RedDevilFC

This avatar is totally illogical.
HawaiianStallion said:
From what I got out of the vids and interview is that this is still a SF game but is focusing on the offensive, so much so that things like parry's and such are gone altogether and replaced with several new attacks including supers, and ultra's (super supers) as well as a new bar which will do something interesting hopefully.

That bar you mentioned is supposed to fill up as one player takes more and more unanswered damage, which reminds me of a bit of Puzzle Fighter's unique combat system, where each attack that doesn't finish off the opponent puts the attacking player in jeopardy. I don't know what to think about this; I'm still astounded that they were able to convince enough people to make the game. A lot of higher-ups in Capcom were strongly against it being made, because of the decline of fighting games.

Im hyped but then again Im actually this game. I never really wanted a SF game that focused way too much on the graphics. I like the bulky cartoony style as it fits with the history and style of the SF games and it looks like they're making the models fairly high detail with specific punchs having reactions from the enemy etc. I love the part where Ken slams Ryu in the chest with his fist and you see Ryu double up and his face go all *gasp*

Fine tune the visuals (I'm not particularly concerned even if they stay this way) and it looks like it has the making of a good sf. Kinda like GH3, the whole "extreme" facial expressions is starting to get a bit too much for me, so hopefully they'll work on that. If anything (sans needing more background detail) the models themselves are fine, but get to the face....

Uriel

Minty bollocks :badbone:

I do love the artwork for the characters, even though we aren't going to see it heavily in-game. Still, I get to whip out the Blanka!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly Capcom has been monitoring these forums and listened to Griff's complaint about the shitty new characters in SFIII.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I saw these scans the other day and couldn't help but think, "Thank you for finally not dicking with our old favorites." Of course, then I thought, "Hey, where are the new characters? This a sequel or remake? What a ripoff!" =)

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
Looks okay. Usually when I'm hyped about new games coming out (especially sequels to one of my favorite franchise) I can't wait for it to come out and get it. But this one makes me feel like I can wait... a long time. I don't know, its awkward to me as of right now, hopefully refining it will fix the problem.

Uriel

How about some hi-res shots of the recently announced lineup?

I have to admit... Edmond looks the shit. I don't know why everyone is freaking out over Chun Li's thighs. Sure they're bulky, but I always remember her having some extra leg muscle... Anyway, enjoy the facial expressions.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'm still not sold on the style.
Chun-Li's overall look I'm not a fan of (not sure of where the controversy over how her thighs look comes from though - they've always been massive). Zangieif and E.Honda seem to benefit from this style tho, and look pretty good.

Actually everyone seems to be pretty massive. Even Dhalsim is ripped

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I don't know why everyone is freaking out over Chun Li's thighs. Sure they're bulky, but I always remember her having some extra leg muscle...

Yeah, they're the same they've always been. People just like freaking out over stuff it seems, I guess it helps pass the day when you're bored at work.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The special effects in these shots are really impressive, particularly Guile's flash kick. I wonder how interactive the environments will be. The extras in the back look pretty polished, so I wonder how they'll react when a giant russian wearing a speedo gets too close to them.

Top Bottom